Posts by Netheravon

A little feedback: I went through all the settings and found that the Cabs were turned off!! How daft am I not to have noticed :whistling:

I've been able to find some decent sounds now, and have used the KPA at a rehearsal, where it sounded great 'in the mix'. The issue I have with lots of the profiles is that they now sound very boxy. But I've talked about this I think in another thread and others have helped there too. I've been using an Atomic Reactor cab and am hoping to get a DXR10 today to compare the sounds, as the feeling is the Reactor colours sounds more, and I can believe this going on how many of the profiles sound as if they have a blanket over the speakers.

Thanks again for all the replies, I am hoping to have time with the KPA again this evening and will try out the suggestions mentioned. Again, big thanks to all!! Great community:)

Personally I thought there were some decent sounds in there. People like different things and I didn't really think there was anything offensive in there, silly yes, but hey, we all want to have fun. I did get a pop up blocker from my anti virus near end of video though as it was trying to download something to my comp.

thx for the reply Ingolf. I think I'll stick with the Atomic for now as I'm starting to find some very useable tones. Definitely useful advice above, which I will experiment with even more later. Need to get those AF packs sounding good, as they aew sweet amps!

Thx for replies, all very helpful. I'll start exactly where you suggest Andy. Makes sense to follow the advice of someone so experienced!

Viabcroce, I am keeping the cabs on, if I turn them off they really don't sound good. Is the Yamaha dxr10 that people talk about a lot on this site better, more linear, than the Atomic? I can always return the Atomic if that's likely to be colouring the sound so much.

Thx for the welcomes;)

dB, do you mean Deadlightstudio for the marshalls? I found those if that's right and they sound awesome on my kit. Will check out that bassman as I really want some nice Fender cleans too.

Think I am now starting to get my head around the Kemper a bit better. Some profiles are sounding just great: the marshall ones mentioned above, Tills Orange amps, the Morgan Ac20, a couple of 2 Rocks. But many still sound incredibly boxy and not really useable. All the Amp Factory ones from the factory bundle, and the free Redplate and Dr Z ones, and also I got a Soundside one, a ToneKing, to see if it was much better, and a couple of them are decent but most again sound like they have a blanket over them. I've played with eq, amp and cab parameters and can't get them working for me. But when I listen to their sound clips on the sites they sound great, not muffled at all. Anyone else had this experience and found a way to make it all sound clearer? I am using 2.4 FW btw.

Oh, btw I'd better say I am seriously not saying the commercial profiles aren't good, just at the moment they aren't working for me. I'll make it clear right now, I am still learning how to get the best sounds out of the kemper. And I know people will say: 'You're just not used to a mic'd sound' etc and this may be true. :wacko:

Over all, still very impressed and I know there are gonna be even better sounds coming out of that little box of tricks in the future!

Hi all,

This may well be a stupid question, but am still learning lots and trying to get advice on the Kemper Powerhead output. Now, it's 600w into 8 ohm speakers, which I have in a passive Atomic Reactor. The drivers in the Reactor are only 200w, so what I am worried about is the volume on the Kemper somehow getting turned right up by a band mate, my kids etc and blowing the speakers as the power rating for the Powerhead is obviously a lot higher than the drivers.

Is there anyway to control this so the maximum power cannot accidentally be sent through to the speakers? Maybe the monitor output settings? Or am I worrying needlessly here?

As I said, possibly a silly question, but I'm really not up on digital amps as am most used to tubes, but I'd never combine a guitar cab with a tube head with 3x the recommended power-rating :S

Thanks for the recommendation db9091. I'll check it out asap;) Gotta say the more profiles I check out and play with, including the OD modules, the more impressed I am. Spent a good few hours last night with a 2 Rock profile, awesome:)

Just had a quick look, is that the TL bassman profiles?

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for taking the the time to reply Mr Kemper;) You may well be right about having to become accustomed to the sound. I've been playing with it more this morning at differing volumes and can only say I am still blown away overall by the quality of sound. If I combine, for eg, a tubescreamer effect with a clean sound I like, I don't get any of the noise I don't like and it still sounds great! i haven't turned off the cab sims or anything else not suggested by the manual.

I think I just need to find profiles I like and go with my gear.

At the moment I am a very happy customer who is just searching for the right sounds. I wasn't at any point suggesting error with the Kemper, by the way, just looking for advice in case I had something set up wrongly;)

If i think there's still any issue, I'll do as suggested and record the sound and post it.

Thanks again for all the replies guys, love this forum and love the fact Mr Kemper himself participates

Thx for replies guys. I have played digital stuff before, but not digital amps. Why do you ask please? Any advice I may well have missed being a noob? I am coming from 20 years or so guitar experience, mainly with tube amps, but recently I've been using the HD500X for an easy solution for DI FOH at gigs and recording. I went for the Kemper for the same reasons but wanting something that actually sounds good without a ton of eqs set up and tweaking to get a decent tone.

I've tried messing around with the clean and distorted sense settings and they make no difference. The only thing that seems to clean up the horrible digital sounding distortion is using the pickup splitting on the PRS to get a lower output, single coil sound and either reducing the gain or lowering the volume on the guitar itself. Now while this does clean up the sound, so I lose what sounds like speaker flub, it also, of course, reduces the gain. So I feel like I am taking an overdriven profile and having to clean it up to use it, sort of negates the whole point of the profile.

I'll try the tube screamer etc to see what happens then, but again this seems to negate the point of the profiler: If I can't load up a Dr Z Maz, then a Two Rock, then a driven Fender Bassman and get nice but different OD tones for my blues, then I might as well stick with the Fender Hot Rod I have and use my real tubescreamer?:)

I have by no means yet given up on the KPA, it seems awesome, I just need a way to lose this speaker flub. I'm going to try to play at rehearsal volumes today if I can (in the house, it's a dangerous proposition) and see if it is any better / different. If I can get these OD tones better, I am gonna be a very very happy man;)

Hi all,

Only got the KPA yesterday and been playing around with it a bit, but lots and lots to learn. I've been playing through an Atomic passive wedge and have the powerhead. I've found plenty of nice clean tones but no really nice OD ones and I think the reason is that I am getting unwanted distortion on many of them, so much so that I thought maybe the tweeter was gone on the monitor, but it seems the same on headphones-AKG 240. I am wondering if there's anyway I could be getting unwanted 'clipping', distortion of the sounds in anyway from the KPA? My output and input LEDs are green, so I'd assume they are fine, but maybe someone more knowledgable could be of some help? The 'distortion' sounds like speaker distortion as in when it's blown. Only happens on OD tones so far and can be at very low volumes and doesn't seem to get worse as I increase the volume.

Any help appreciated and if anyone needs more info to do so, pls ask:)

Where are those profiles from please? The Two Rock is one I've been excited to try out along with the Morgan, Divided by 13 and Dr Z amps and I find a lot of the profile names, certainly in the presets, don't make it easy to work out the amp:) MInd you I am very new to this!

I'm just counting the minutes till the kids are in bed and I can break out the KPA again;) Gonna spend a good couple of weeks or more with it till I even consider taking it to a rehearsal though and still too much to try out and learn before I'd be happy to do gig it! Just downloaded a couple of the free ones from Amp Factory, looking forward to trying out the Maz....

Hey All,

Just got Kemper amp and was trying to get my head around all the profiles and so naturally tried to take a look at the Rig Manager. I updated to the latest OS but not the 2.4 beta. Now, I get the message that I need to be running 'at least 2.4' to run Rig Manager. I don't really want to throw a beta at my KPA, as I literally got it yesterday, without being sure it's stable. Are others running it and having it work fine? I'm sure also others are running Rig Manager without 2.4, so how come I can't? I get a feeling I'm just doing something silly^^

^^