Posts by Peteus

I upgraded to firmware 4 a while back, this messed up the midi controlled looper giving me a continuous loop which would never stop recording etc.... Has anyone go the CC messages which will now work with firmware 4+
    ?

I followed this post someone popped on the forum:

"If you have a Midi Device, that allows you to send four CCs at once, it is very easy: Here are the commands:
    C#=Controller Number, V=Value
    Rec/Play/Overdub: CC#99 V125, CC#98 V88, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)
    Stop/Erase:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V89, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)
    Undo:CC#99 V125, CC#98 V93, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)
    TriggerCC#99 V125, CC#98 V90, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)
    ReverseCC#99 V125, CC#98 V91, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)
    1/2 SpeedCC#99 V125, CC#98 V92, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release)"

I'm using a Peak FCB4X controller. I set one button to Record sent 4 midi commands all on midi channel 1. Second button to Stop/erase and 3rd to Undo all on channel 1.

I pressed record and it recorded! Then never stopped recording :( Kept on adding 60 second loops. I pressed pretty much everything and it refused to stop. Any ideas? I'm running beta 4.0.2 if that helps.

Also how can I set the record to be "Post" amp so I can record with one tone and change profile say to a solo profile?

I have always been a guitarist designed around live playing/ bed room playing for fun. I'm now heading down the recording route. I noticed both Ola Englund and Keith Merrow have a bit of reverb with their profiles. Is this to add space or is this some weird fault which these "older" profiles have set on? Sorry if this is obvious but, I've not heard of people doing this.

I have finally got my amp profiled using a behringer DI. I love the tone I get through my cab and I have used the cab maker to load in a impulse I really like. I was wondering would I get an even better result profiling a DI (preamp and power amp) and then profiling a studio profile with the same setup running it through my DAW with an impulse and merging them? I'm presuming there is some interaction between the impulse and amp rather than adding the impulse into the cab slot on the kemper.

Sorry if this seems a bit silly but, I have no idea if it would improve things. Also if this would improve things, how would I load in impulse into my daw to have zero latency suitable for profiling?

It kinda sucks if the reverbs/delays ain't added. I mean honestly if it comes down to it the kemper is mainly a recording device. I can piss around with profile cross fades in a daw however, nice effects are another matter.

I have wanted shimmer delays for sooo damm long now. I have owned my kemper since early 2014 and that effects is the only thing I am missing for my "normal" setup.

So the button called "Monitor Cab Off" so when that is engaged it runs the cabdriver algorithm. So that option is still available in merged profiles. So having it engaged using a merged cab does that still uses the cab and modify it or do I have to leave it on to hear the actual amp sound?

I knew all of that and have read it before. But, there is a switch called cabdriver I can switch on and off. So on a merged profile if I switch keep it on does it try and treat the merged profile like a studio profile using the full profile of amp and cab the running Cabdriver algorithm.

I have yet to find an answer to this. Cabdriver makes studio profiles feel more like and amp into a cab. Whilst merged have actual amp sound and cab in a profile. If I leave cab driver on using a merged profile will it mess and still try and give me the cab driver studio sound?

I basically bought my MIDI pedal about 3 weeks before the foot controller was announced (cost of returning my MIDI pedal would have been insane). I have a PEAK midi controller and currently I am sorting powering it through a 7 pin cable. So in some way I will have similar functionality and more compact. I'm still finding that performance mode is useless to me and although yet to try it, I can use the looper using my current MIDI setup. But, are there any benefits to the official Kemper foot controller?

I have to admit having forked out for a Peak MIDI controller with a hefty import tax this is more of a kick in the balls. I have been hoping of a looper since I bought the kemper back in April :( That and I have been waiting for the free upgrade ever since then :(