Posts by MuddyFox

Excellent, thank you!

I mostly use spdif to connect to my pc interface so my output routing never needed modifying. Now that I'm branching away from oldskool studio profiles, I was wondering about spdif...

So... with all sorts of profiles having me already confused a bit, now there's the cab thing too...

From the TopJimi profile documentation:
    "M = Merged profile (Kemper Direct Out contains no speaker cabinet, while Main Out does)
    DI = Direct Output profile (Kemper Direct Out and Main Out contain no speaker cabinet)"

What I'm wondering is, generally speaking:
    - on merged and di profiles, does monitor out get cabsims?
    - what does spdif out get? Cab or no cab?

You know, the guy from justinguitar.com that does all the smashing free lessons...
    The quote from the newsletter:
    "Gear Report

I mentioned earlier that I got myself a thing called a Kemper Profiler,
    it's along the lines of amp 'modeling' like Line 6 kind of thing but
    off the scale better to my ear. And you can sample your own amps too,
    which I've not done yet to be honest, but man I'm impressed with it so
    far. I don't think anything will every replace my old valve amps but
    this thing gets pretty close, closest I've heard from Zeros and Ones. I
    know a lot of people rave about the Axe-FX and I've heard other people
    make great tones with that too, but the Kemper seems more amp like to my
    ear, just not as easy to edit and without as cool effects. Anyhow, I
    mention it because for home recording and practice when noise levels
    have to be kept down, it's super awesome and worth checking out if you
    need a home amp for recording. I've no relationship with them or
    anything, just sharing my love of gear and tech!
    "

Very cool!

OK I have nothing to add to the discussion apart from the feeling that your dealer is trying to screw you out of your money but I'm curious...
    what if you bought the KPA from Thomann? I'm guessing you'd then need to pay shipping from Greece to Germany and Thomann would take it from there and get it back to you free of charge (as long as it's within an 2yr period)?

I have the exact same setup, the Palmer cab and the C+ kit. I also own one of the Ambrosi toaster amps.

The reason I didn't speak up is because I haven't used it a single time since I got it (right after it came out, I was in the first ever C+ batch). This is of course nothing to be proud of but an unfortunate set of events. I moved house and the place I live now can in no way support any loud (even bedroom levels) playing so I play through the headphones 100% of the time. I also don't play out (never did because I'm not much of a player) so I can't answer what the aforementioned setup sounds like because I've never properly turned it up. Sorry...

I was actively corresponding with the Ufnal folks this time last year, just after the Orange release. I wanted them to build me one, but with a highly flamed neck instead of burl.

They gave it their best shot but anything they had in stock just wasn't what I wanted so the build never happened. They said they'd be in touch if anything good came along. It either never did or they forgot about me.

Woah.... thanks, I somehow completely missed it! Got me a pack#2 a while back when it first came out, sifted through others yet never registered the presence of HH.
    Will take a look...

TAGs are great if you live stateside, even more so if you buy used.

Otherwise, you need some seriously deep pockets which I don't have by a long shot. I'd love a nice stable of TAGs but it doesn't seem it's gonna happen.

Too bad they discontinued the Bulldog, I really liked that one.

No, i use it only with the headphone in jack of my kpa. It works fine, i can tweak rigs on an loud level and when i go to my frfr i have only a little eq work after that. I have set headphone space up to 2.5 and headphone output to -7 dB

Cool! Good to know...

I'd be interested in your findings should you ever use it with other soundsources apart from the KPA... higher impedance cans usually have that "more of everything" quality to them but they mostly need decent amps driving them (and unfortunately, unless you get into nosebleed price bracket, most of them color the sound).

Just thought to necrobump this thread as I've just returned from a 10-day vacation, only to find my Kemper toaster exactly the way I left it... turned on!:D

Like I said previously, I normally keep it covered with a Tshirt on my desk and often only reach under the shirt to turn it on and off. Only this time, I didn't turn it off and the spaceship lights were hidden by the Tshirt so I didn't notice.

Nothing happened to it and even covered up it only got slightly warm to the touch. 10 days... :rolleyes: