Posts by layne81

Hello all,

I posted this in commercial and I thought I would also post in the free profile discussion section as well.

I am looking for some profiles of some older amps... mostly solid state amps.

Ampeg SS-150
    Ampeg VH-140C
    Peavey VTM120
    Crate Excalibur

I am really hungry for the SS-150 & VH-140C.

PLEAASSSEEEEEEE if anyone has access or can grab these... PLEASE SHARE!!!! I have tons of goodies I can return.

Thanks,
    Layne

Hello all,

I am looking for some profiles of some older amps... mostly solid state amps.

Ampeg SS-150
    Ampeg VH-140C
    Peavey VTM120
    Crate Excalibur

I am really hungry for the SS-150 & VH-140C.

PLEAASSSEEEEEEE if anyone has access or can grab these... you. have. my. money.

Thanks,
    Layne

I have changed nothing on my profiler settings... I only updated Rig Exchange. Same login information... same everything.

After I updated... I lost my local hard drive folder with all of my profiles... I can not make a new folder... I cannot import rigs..... I CAN however export from my profiler?!?!

I am afraid to say that this update has some issues...

If I am incorrect in saying so and anyone knows how to fix my issue.... please help me.

Thanks,
    Layne

Ok, thanks all for the suggestions.

It is totally possible for a preset to sound as great through a cab as it does in the cans. Basically, just use the cab sim of your exact cab when running to the cans.

I am downloading a PPC412HP8 cab now... We will see how it fairs....

Thanks again for the help....

The cab sim was turned on when I profiled the Axe II... No effects.... Exactly as the manual states....

Thanks,
    Layne

I am still having issues....

Got it sounding awesome through the cab because I profiled my axe presets.

Sounds horrible through headphones or interface... Honestly, I am really disappointed...

I don't understand what good is a profiler if u have to have the guitar to achieve every sound of the profiler.. Not literally but to imitate the sound? Am I crazy for thinking this?

This works for cases of guys who own 10+ guitars i guess?

I don't have time to sit here and tweak this amp for hours on end.... I needed something that worked for me without much headache...
    Man, this has not been the case...

I have 5 days left until I return it... Going to try and make the most of it...

Hello all,

I am newbie with the Kemper coming from the Axe FX II.

Anyhow, before shipping off my Axe FX II, I profiled some of my favorite presets...

These presets sound fantastic when running to my Orange PPC412HP Cabinet (I have the powered Kemper) but the presets sound overly trebly and overly distorted through the headphones.... Absolutely nothing like the presets sound through the cab. I am not understanding why this is....

Even when I turn on the cab simulator through the headphones...still overly trebly and distorted.

IF anyone has any answers or anywhere I can turn to... it would be greatly appreciated.... I know this thing has 1,000,000 eqs to work with... I am beginning think there is way too many variables here....

Thanks,
    Layne

I did see the thread in "Tips & Tricks" about this.... but I am such a newb.... I need a walk through because I have never even profiled or tone matched anything...even when I had the Axe FX II.

I am fairly new to modelers/profilers.... I am used to the old school amps.... Hahaha!

I have about 10 presets I want to profile.

Thanks,
    Layne

Hello all,

I am a newbie when it comes to the Kemper Profiler. Anyhow, I want to profile a couple of my favorite presets that I made with the Axe FX II before I ship it off.

I do not possess a good mic to capture the sound.

If anyone knows of a video or how to with a step-by-step walk through.... that would be soooo awesome.

Thank you in advance,
    Layne

Had my KPA for about 4 months now and will never look back ( never thought I wouldn't miss my Triaxis rig). Took a few weeks to get my head around it and get some tones I liked. I found some Masotti profiles free here on the rig exchange that I absolutely love, I also use a TAF Big Twin, some Mesa Boogie profiles and even a Paisley patch that came stock. We play everything from rock, blues, metal, jazz and even country, whatever we think the crowd won't expect. To get started without a lot of time to tweaking (which was my case, audition for my band was 2 days after I received mine) do what I did: download as many profiles as you can and try them all till one or two catch your ear rather than spending hours tweaking something that wasn't great to begin with. Most patches sound like junk to me but keep looking and you'll find some great tones with the amps you want. Also make sure Space is at zero, you aren't clipping anywhere and try adding some Clarity from inside the amplifier section for high gain patches if it's mushy.

good luck with your new toy!

Tim

Tim,

Thank you for the input and tips. When you say make sure the "Space is at zero", what does that mean and where is this option?

I know where the clarity option is... T

Thanks again,
    Layne

Thanks for the gents that are trying to help.

Those that are butt hurt and are accusing of trolling... nope. Obviously, I stuck it out with Axe Fx II and received help there as well on the forums but fortunately there were no assholes there like on this forum.

I have not even had this amp for a week and I have not had much time to devote to it.

Those that are actually trying to help... again... I appreciate it... Not everyone's experience is going to be top notch with the Kemper right off the bat.

I have 45 days to return it... so in the 45 days I am going to try and figure out how to achieve what I am looking for.