Posts by SwAn1

Maybe I am too Old School, but I have to say that this demanding/somewhat negative attitude that comes with "I want this, I want that, for x&a $ the Kemper has to have, ... becomes increasingly harder to tolerate.

The general term that comes to my mind is "spoiled little brat".

Given that it is a feature request section why not let him ask for anything he wants to? When expressing what one would like to see added it has to come down to saying "I want this, I want that" at some point. Also don't forget that in a forum it is often hard to discern the tone that is being used, especially given that it is an international group of people who post here and English is often not their first language. Personally I think that calling him a "spoilt little brat" is uncalled for but maybe I missed the tone you intended it in or English is not your first language ...

That's cool. What did your son help you with? I have a 7 year old daughter who has the obligatory "I want to be a snowman" on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmeH1PiqSrE) and wants to do more original stuff.

Is there an actual real pedal that will produce the green scream voice ?
    Sometimes I play through a Carr and would like to be able to get that mid rangey woody tone.

This is when you know that digital has made it - when people look for an analogue equivalent of the digital version. What a great time for musicians!

Agree.... the normal website layout is bad enough on a regular sized monitor or laptop.

Almost unusable on a mobile device.

Has anyone at Kemper notified Tapatalk to see if the issue can be fixed? Other sites either have either found a way to fix the issue or don't know (or care) about the dangers it presents right now.

Hi ClassicMetal. I am taking the 15 day test run of an Axe Fx and FMC101 to use with my Kemper. Had it for about 6 days now. Overkill? yes but I think they are a great compliment together. I am running from the Kemper's 1/4 inch outs on the back into the FX loop returns on the Axe right now and put an FX block where I want the amp to be (and turn off the amp on the Axe and play with the cabs on the KPA and Axe). The effects and routing in the Axe are amazing but it is the Axe Edit software running on my Mac that I really appreciate and can't wait till the RE comes to the Mac (and made me realized that full editor software for the KPA would be great). I got the Axe right at the FW 14 to 15 update and it seems that for those who have spent a lot of time creating custom rigs may have to spend a lot of time recreating part of those rigs where the amps have changed. Some mistakes aside, this is not an issue for the KPA or for someone who is really using the Axe for the effects and won't have lots of rigs to update when v16 rolls around. Customer support and the community on both are great. If you have the money, the KPA has a 30 day return policy and the only way you will really know is if you try it out for yourself. I enjoy my Kemper and suspect I'll be keeping the Axe as well.

I have many many amps, but not all are a success.. Natrually sound is subjective, so one person can hate other can love.. Thats normal with any guitar based gear anyway...

But so glad you like anyway :)

One of the things I like about your profiles Andy is the descriptions you use and that you give your personal take on wether you personally like or dislike a particular amps sound and not every profile is billed as the greatest profile ever (if memory serves me I think you kind of pan the sound of the Orange amp you profiled that Oasis used. Or maybe you were just a Blur fan). Starting sentences with a capitol letter consistently would make your descriptions a little easier to read though :) BTW, I agree with your statement about the other profile makes and love the profiles I've bought from SoundSide and TopJimi as well. The idea that for a few dollars I can get the sound of amps that would cost thousands is amazing and I hope you all keep up the great work! And to everyone posting profiles on the RE thank you so much - there are amazing profiles there!

Anything that gets in the way of you playing should be given a lot of though before it is implemented! Yet companies seem to want to make things more and more complicated. The rig rating interferes with the user experience to the point that I don't
    use RE much. I want to interact with the amp not play American Idol.

I agree with Ingolf that the forum (swarm) can deal with these incidents. He (Ingolf) very politely put him in his place. I was probably a little over the top in my comment. That said, I (personally) dislike moderators intefering with posts for a number of reasons. On an international board there are language difference and English has a lot of subtle nuances that can be misinterpreted (God knows that I struggle speaking just English and if I were to post here in German or French I would probably be banned! Or laughed off the forum!). There are also different tolerances to certain language - some people were really offended when one person used the word 'fuck' in a profile name while others were offended that some had complained about it. And sometimes people just need to vent about a problem and post to the forum and it could lead to a positive resolution but if a thin skinned moderator jumped in it takes that place to vent away (for instance there is one moderator who keeps jumping in and closing threads about Mac vs PC where I (personally) feel that if people really want to discuss it endlessly more power to them). Unless a post is racist, spam or in someway illegal I feel it should be left alone. But again, that is just me.

These are settings posted by Rescator of Andy's reverb settings in Pack #8. BTW Andy gave his permission to post them so I thought I'd copy and paste them here as it seemed appropriate:

Following polite Kempermaniac request .
    From left to the right , Andy's Reverb from Pack 8 is going something like this , and sounds fucking good :
    Mix : 12,9%
    Delay + Rev Balance : 12% (this can make a difference, be careful , what I am doing is to switch off any delay) )
    Time : 6.6
    Dumping : 2,3
    Pre Delay : 4 ms
    Bandwith : 2.0
    Frequency : 2.4
    Ducking : zero
    Volume : minus (zero )
    Why do I like this Reverb so much?
    It remains me on rehearsals I had with my band in old days (say in the middle of 70's ), in our small ( and only one) City cinema /theatre hall.
    Some seriously big and thick curtains was hanging on the stage , making our sound , which started as big , to suddenly finish its journey and to vanish in those vampire red curtains ....I've learn thing or two about room Reverb,reflection and curtains damping effect during that time....
    Enjoy
    Cheers,
    Zoran

I find it interesting that there is such a wide range of experience with 2.4.2. Some folks hear things that really are problematic and others are extolling its virtues. I dont envy the Kemper folks having to troubleshot such a wide array of customer feedback.

Which is why I think people should post before and after audio (like the guy did who was having ghosting issues) if they have a problem.