Posts by slateboy

so the average thing- the more taps you give the “better” the tempo results from taking an average. That makes sense and sounds like a logical and good idea.

However could it be that as well as the kpa establishing an average the player also settles into a more regular pulse and also delivers their average as they settle into the groove? Part man part machine effort.

I thought about this at this weekends gigs and to be honest i don't have much time to balance on one leg and tap out a tempo for much more than 3 or 4 beats. Its just not practical, especially as we, the musicians, move around the stage as part of the act.

If upon loading a new rig/slot there is some “settling” time required before a steady tempo can be established then i need an alternative more reliable solution. I often need the tempo set immediately following the one bar count in.

If anyone gets chance, try this, get someone (or something) to tap a new/different regular/stable tempo immediately following a slot change. Tell us how long it takes to follow the “new” tempo.

BTW, everyone, what is the highest BPM where your tap indicator gives a "true" tempo indication.

Mine seems to go scatty with anything over 100bpm.

I'm beginning to wonder if its relaying the tempo bpm in morse code!

That said, with negligence, you can introduce some damaging peaks with a highly dynamic clean tone on the kpa, though this can be curved with a bit of compression.

I prefer my limiter as late in the signal path as possible to protect my ears.

Its a peavey headphone amp.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peave…adphone-Amp/dp/B004PYTDK0

Discontinued, I believe, but might pop up second hand some place.

Before that, i employed a boss micro rack compressor/limiter. Something similar might suffice but its an additional bit of gear to include. Im all for minimal simplicity.

Limiter in the kpa would be solution. Mr kemper disagreed as it doesn't represent the true sound of the profile. He's correct but the same can be said for most iems that use limiters for safety. At least having the option the user can decide whether or not they would like to reduce hearing problems.

I’ve never been able to rely on my kpa rack & remote to deliver the tempo i tap 100% of the time.

Its very hit and miss my guess is that the OS is dealing with more important tasks and this gets a low priority. I find myself having to re-tap in the tempo a few times before i get something close to the bpm i need

The real fix, slightly annoyingly, is to create a dedicated rig with the tempo of the song preset. This only works when using click track when the tempo is guaranteed. Cant speak for your drummer’s internal clock :S

perhaps this why the tap-indicator flashes erratically and therefore doesn't matter if the tempo tapped is inaccurate. I think the flashing tempo is even lower in the OS processes. This is certainly no guide nor use to me, but that’s another gripe.

Did i see/hear somewhere that the monitor-out of the stage can drive stereo headphones, same as the actual headphone output?

Therefore, available as a 1/4" jack as well as the mini (less rugged) 1/8" headphone jack?

Been reading about a few users that find the remote hard to see in bright (outdoor) illuminated situations.

i find the complete opposite- starting a few songs in pitch-black darkness, i often cant see which button to hit so i applied a solution:

glow in the dark markers. (Kemper should have considered implementing this from day one, especially with the new floor/stage unit)

now looking for a similar solution so i can find the right frets in total darkness ?(

note the big UP & DOWN stickers i still need to tell me its not the other way round :/

i just love all this speculation and "what ifs" Best reading i've found in ages!

I bet Kemper find it hard not to chip in and correct any wrong assumptions here or perhaps they sit back and enjoy the amusement of all the rumours, like i do. Certainly the mystique and hype is drawing attention to the product, so something is working.

Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to finding out more about this thing but i can wait.

i only wonder if they have fixed the tap-tempo flashing LED?8)

Certainly in the environments i work in, the sound of clicks is negligible compared to on-stage noise.

Maybe in a studio its different in which case you could consider automating the switching via midi or record your parts separately for each rig. Having said that, with di recording parts the ambient noise is irrelevant.

Can you clarify why this annoys you?

Is is really worth voiding a warranty for the sake of a little click?

Just as a process of elimination, try a “good” short cat5 cable between kpa and remote to check if there is insufficient power at the remote. The idea being a short cable will have less resistance .

Had a similar issue and the (non official) cable was to blame.

Has anyone played with the yamaha DZR series as a KPA monitor?

The DXR10 appears to have been a players' favourite over the years and i understand they recently upgraded this model with some new components and a slightly higher power capability. Not sure how these sound either.

Be interested to hear feedback from users especially those who use the DXR10 as their main KPA FRFR unit.

In my experience this is exactly what would happen if the string slot was too narrow on the nut.

if the pitch goes high, by applying more tension behind the nut the pitch goes even higher. Yet when i release this tension (behind the nut) the pitch is restored to its proper (lower) pitch. If it was sticky my thoughts are that it would remain sharp/high. My logic deducts the nut therefore free. I might be wrong...

PS thanks everyone for all the ideas and comments :)

A photo of the affected bridge / saddles would be helpful.

I barely dare to say, but usually the problem still is the nut slot and not the bridge saddle

Im pretty sure its not the nut, though i understand that is quite often a common problem.

When the string goes "high" i can apply tension behind the nut and it returns the pitch. if the nut was sticky this wouldnt be the case, i think.

ps- i have locking tuners and no string-tree.