Posts by slateboy

Be worth checking what midi output youre getting from the cymatic. (Midi ox?)
    I understand you have to export/transfer the midi file (into the correct cymatic folder) that gets played back in parallel with the audio track, so effectivley its like pressing 'play' on a midi file player and audio-multitrack player simultaneously.
    And what @paults said too.

Only just discovered the freqout device. Intriguing!
    Has any one managed to recreate anything similar with the kpa in its current state?
    Guessing some part of the circuitry (or algorithm) has signal feedback and I'm not aware of any way to recreate this in a constructive way with current stomps or by physically wiring output back to input (which would be a dirty/nasty approach anyhow)

Airline Newport with mini humbuckers into a FuzzDog Jordan Bosstone clone into a Catalinbread Topanga for reverb into a WayHuge EchoPuss for slapback delay into a profile of a Supro Coronado <3

can you confirm- is this a demo using mr Britts profiles? (Be useful to know the pack name, etc)
    Othewise perhaps it would be more fitting for the "link your music" forum.

many thanks for the explanation.

mS calculation for 1/4 note (crotchet values) formula is 60,000 divided into bpm,
    ie, 120bpm as mS = 60000/120=500mS, 160bpm = 60000/160 = 375mS, etc

Keep in mind, that locking is independent between Browser and Performance Mode!

Just to clarify, if i've understood correctly, if you lock the tempo in any slot of ANY performance the "global tempo" will apply to all slots on all performances.
    This in turn disables "rig tempo" which otherwise would affect each of the 5 slots in each performance independently and per slot.

so...
    To use a "slot tempo" you need to un-check the "to tempo" setting on, for example, the delay stomp.

... and finally...
    to use global tap-tempo, enable "lock tempo" but you can set a delay (in any slot of any performance) to a fixed tempo by unchecking its box.
    However, this has to be set in mS rather than BPM. (correct?)
    Otherwise please tell me, anyone, if you can set the delay using a BPM value whilst the global tempo lock is enabled.

found a fix but it appears to be a bug.

to get it working i go:

edit-->slot--midi setings (which then turns into "midi transmit") then it works. Weird?!

On first impression it appears that this button enables/disables midi transmission but once its pressed it continues to work regardless of the state until i exit and return to that performance. Now making a back up of the faulty data before i attempt to save the performance hoping it maintains the fix...

Sorry if this has been recently addressed but i've only just discovered the problem and have a gig in 24 hours.

I'm on the current public release 5.3.1 and noticed that the KPA is no longer sending out midi prog change data on one of "current FW created" performance banks.
    I've found the midi PRGCHG option in the "edit slot" settings and these appear set the same way as the performances that are working correctly.

I know it was working in the previous firmware as i rely on midi prog data to change external devices.

Any help please?
    thanks

I have a similar situation.
    Someone may correct me for being wrong here but this works for me:
    Save an input "setup" for each guitar adjusting the clean and distortion sense accordingly. This should get the input gains somewhat the same between guitars. Doesn't account for tone differences between guitars but then plugging your strat into a marshall stack then swapping to a les paul and tweaking the gain is no different in a "traditional" setup.
    Having said that, using another digital-amp-modelling device, I have a second/duplicate set of patches with gains and tones adjusted to suit the different guitars, only because it doesn't have the "input config" saving ability that the kemper does, which results in twice the work when creating a new sound.

Never noticed this before but when choosing an effect for a stomp/slot using the browse knob (which can be further navigated by the up/down/left/right buttons) the "page <" and "page >" buttons illuminate and change their appearance when pressed but have no apparent function when pressed.
    Is this a fault or how its intended to be?
    would be really useful if they skipped categories or by first letter name, as when choosing rigs to make for quicker selection.
    (currently running 5.3.1)

thanks for that. i got most of my profiles in a designated folder on my mac. (and store USB made backups outside of RM too)

Not very often i play with RM but its a quick and easy way to audition a large number of rigs conveniently
    I just didnt want to end up with duplicates cluttering my HD if i dragged them into RM.

One thing i've never been sure of, and hopefully this can be clarified, is,
    if i import or drag/drop a bunch of rigs from somewhere on my hardrive into RM, does it make new copies of these files or does RM reference to their original location?

thanks (and apologies if this has been covered before)

posted this elsewhere but thought it'd be better here as this section is for the remote, so apologies for a double-post...

i upgraded to 5.3.1 yesterday and noticed when i imported some new rigs via USB the remote went offline (appeared as if it had been disconnected)
    it returned after the import concluded. hoping it was a one off....