Posts by slateboy

Why? There are so many programs (free and otherwise) that handle this WAY better than an add-on.

Totally!!

i always think those multi-function pedals that offer built-in drum machines are aimed at the home/amateur market.

Whilst it is a great practice tool (and we should all use a metronome/drumbox for practice) i'd like to think of all the Kemper units as "pro" devices that focus on "pro" features. Certainly the price point of the player is aimed towards the more serious player. If you can afford a Player a few more ££ for an app or similar is not unreasonable.

I think any additional improvements or use of the available power of the player will aim to bring it more in-line with the bigger prodcuts.

And, I'd had to accidentally have a drum beat kick off in the middle of a gig due to an accidental press of buttons...

just my thoughts,

here too,

i get the rig next/prev functionality but dont understand (because i dont notice any difference) when adjusting bank load.

Similarly, the "bank load" appears to make no difference either.

is this a bug or relying on something external for it to take effect?

another technical question-

Pressing and holding bank allows you to then choose one of 5 banks by hitting the number button before releasing the bank button.

But i can only access the first 5 banks. What is the button-press-sequence to access the upper 5 banks (6-10) ?

How about backup and restore?

Manual says you cant backup a rack then restore to a player. Compatibility issues.

First set up of a player by importing the favourite rack rigs needs a bit of nursing, especially where theres a compromise of substituting effects.

Solution at the moment:

To drag and drop exported rack-made rigs into player but the player doesnt like some bits.

Yet to try this, and not sure if its possible or maybe there are issues involved but what is limit for connecting multiple profilers to rig manager?

Ideally, to connect the a rack and a player in order to transfer contend and setup a new KPA player.

Or maybe users have some other tips for migrating presets/rigs from a rack to a player device?

thanks

I recall this being asked in the past but wanted to ask again since the player came out...

Are the factory presets available to everyone online (rig exchange or rig manager packs) or are they solely available to the owners of those units as part of the default presests?

In case anyone wishes to retrieve one of those rigs but without making a factory reset.

I appreciated users can back up their Kemper from new but how many of us done that?

ok guys, so digging out an OLD project i started years ago and gave up on, i got as far as controlling the Kemper with midi and retrieving the preset/slot names using system-exclusive. Demo here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the bit of code for getting the names via sysex:

Sorry, i'm not offering technical support. It has been so long that i done this project i'd effectively be starting from scratch to unravel this lot.

Hope the above helps and shows you what is possible.

is this info of any use to you?

out of interest, do you use any presets (rigs) that have volume controlled parameters or possible an expression pedal connected for any functions, volume or otherwise?

i know the remote for the rack "self calibrates" (sometimes to a negative effect if you plug in the pedal whilst powered up as it "sees" this as sweeping range of values to which it applies its upper and lower values.

Could there have been some glitch with the expression pedal creating a "hidden" volume=0 some place that is not obvious?

Perhaps a selected preset/rig controls the volume (possibly unbeknown to the user) and choosing another rig/preset does not have volume-control but the previous rig had set the volume to zero (unintentionally) which then denies access to resetting/increasing the volume in the new rig?

does that make sense, even if it was not the issue?

You know Kemper, they continually improve their product and expand its functionality.

I think they got the player to a state where it covered all the basics to hit the market so given time i think most people will be surprised if it doesn't get more features added.

I think you can , I assign mine to monitor out as I send the main XLR to front of house !

thanks for that- i was aware of that as i understand that is the default setup.

Specifically what i am seeking is-

Can the volume-knob control the mono and headphone outs whilst NOT affecting the main-outs ?

i dont own a Player unit and couldn't find this info in the manual, so forgive me if i've missed it or it has been already answered.

Similar to the rack, i understand you can assign the master volume knob to control any (or none) of the available outputs.

Just want to confirm this is true- the knob can control headphones, L+R outs, mono-out in any combination.

thanks