Posts by SoZack

Something different...

I noticed that my Anvil sounds better than ever with the Archon Power Section.
    The PRS is phenomenal!!!
    Check it out - Huge fun to get carried away soloing.

Cheers

Zilla cab is almost on it's way.... this is gonna be... - I'll have to wait for it -...legendary!!!

Very curious about the Creambacks in it. I will probably do some profiles once it is broken in. Should go well with the lil fokker...
    love that amp :P

Well, I'm not surprised so many chime in.

It makes me smile knowingly every day....
    I never had a product that still made me feel like this after 2 years.

Still remember when Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone in 2007. I fell from my chair. I was stunned, blown away.
    After using one for a few month it was still cool, but felt normal...

With the Kemper I'm not yet at the point where I feel it's "normal"

I've been playing a Kemper Amp for 2 years now and I'm still stuck in a first-love-butterflies-in-my-stomach sort of state...

That is an amazing achievement.

It's the single best thing since someone noticed how to overdrive an amp.

THANK YOU CHRISTOPH KEMPER!!! Your a genius!

Best wishes in all your future endeavors!

Markus

P.S.: the LL Rig Pack is unbelievable!!!

Is there any info available, when the Mac version is due?
    Mr. Petersen, Mr. Kemper anything you can share yet?
    I'd be glad to help you beta test it... :D

thx for the info! I'll probably have to check them out after buying them blind.
    For whatever reason the previews don't work on my iMac...

Cheers,
    Markus

Thanks again. And yes I do like to contribute more.
    Although there are more than enough profiles out there, sometimes the right one is not there.
    e.g.: for my taste, I haven't found a Diezel profile yet, that I really liked... (any hints? 8o )
    So taste is tricky thing.

I made another demo in a more complete band mix.
    Brother and Sister of "Mesa Burn" were used!
    You'll find it on the first page, right below the first example...

Cheers

Additional info...

on the left guitar the sound demo has the naked Stack and the reverb on it
    and on the right channel the EQ after the stack and the reverb are activated.

Those variants complement each other nicely and the result is quite a heavy wall of metal tone...

Thanks guys. That means a lot to me.

The tracks where recorded with a high output pickup in the likes of EMGs.
    I actually like to play the profile with passive more open sounding PUs like
    my Evolution II and espacially the BKP BlackHawks.

Feel free to chime in on the matter of finding the right recording chain.

Cheers,
    SoZack

Hello everyone.

Here is a carefully molded piece of metal... :D

Genesis:
    It always takes some time to get a guitar track sound just right. No different with the Kemper I guess.
    Starting with a Mesa 5:50 Head into a Marshall 4x12 1960B. Hmm unusual. From the SE Ribbon X1F into an Apollo with an Universal Audio 610B preamp back to the Kemper.
    And here is where the magic lies. Those are no random choices, but a long journey of trial and error.
    The iconic Vintage30 and the SM57 as well as the e906, other/no preamps gave good results. But it was still not right. I learned quite a bit by doing this profile.
    There is no one bad component. It's how the whole chain works. How the components work together and interact...

The Mesa Boogie 5:50 is not the most erotic amp (certainly no IIC+) but there is some serious tone in there. I needed to help it a little with a TC Electronics Spark Booster, which is
    a wonderful piece of gear since it does nothing to the tone (unless you want to). In my books this is a real pure booster.

I'll upload the "Mesa Burn" Profile very soon and hope you won't shoot me down... Please try it and tell me your thoughts! :!:

Of course I created this profile to my liking and my setup. Since I have two different variants to play the Kemper (direct into monitors and via an power amp into a cab)
    I needed to put an EQ after the Stack to bring up the high end a bit for my monitors... feel free to experiment.

Cheers and a rocking' weekend

SoZack