Posts by mortl

Hey Sean,

when you freeze your sound (in the video) and play on that "pad", there is still reverb... where does it come from? You did cut the send to the reverb-block... another reverb-unit beside the KPA?

Without another reverb, my sound is dead dry, when freezing :)

- Thanks for that great idea!! :)

Martin

Finally I got it - and i think that´s another bug: (i wrote to kemper)

it all works perfectly, if the Stomp is NOT locked!...
    If it´s locked, nothing changes with function code 01 or 02 ..
    with single nrpn-commands, it works (values change), regardless if locked or not, and i think that´s they way it should work.

I want to switch to another rig, without changing delay .. so i lock it. Now, if i want to change delay-settings, i should be able to do it with nrpn-commands AND sys-Exs... don´t i? Am i missing sth?

Martin

So now I´m stuck again:

Here the "multi-parameter-change" doesn´t work (regardless of the midi-channel the kpa is set to :) :(

I send: F0 00 20 33 02 7F 02 00 4A 07 00 03 00 03 F7 (to change both left and right delay clock to 3/16) .. and Nothing happens.

Single parameter-change doesn't work either... (F0 00 20 33 02 7F 01 00 4A 07 00 03 F7)

????

Martin

Thanks...
    beside the sysex messages I´m sending CCs and PCs to the Kemper AND to my other gear... So I changed my Midi-Channels. Kemper is now 1, the other hardware got 2 other channels. all is fine now :)

Martin

Thanks Rene... great Project! My Controller looks very similar :)

So: I´m running 3.0.2 and still the Profiler doesn´t respond to the "request Tempo" Message if it´s in any midi-channel other than 1 or OMNI..
    The "7F = OMNI" in the Midi-Manual is a little misleading, that the Device ID is something like the same as the Midi-Channel (which it´s NOT).

Any suggestions?

Martin

Hi,
    A question to all the midi-cracks :)

I am building my own Midi-Foot-Controller and want it to display the Rig-Tempo.
    For This I´m sending a sysEx message "F0 00 20 33 02 7F 41 00 04 00 F7".

The KPA answers correctly with the Value of the Tempo, but only if Midi-Global-Channel is set to 1 or OMNI...

Is there a way to receive the Tempo-Value, when the KPA´s MidiChannel is set to 2 (or another channel, thats not 1 or OMIN) ?

In the Manuel you can read: Midi Device ID 7F = OMNI ... I tried all 128 values in that position of my sysex-message, but no response from the KPA when it´s set to channel 2.

-> I have some other Gear with different Midi-Channels in my rig - the KPA is channel 2. I don´t want to change all midi-channels on all the other programmed units just to set the kpa to channel 1.

any help?
    greetings
    Martin

Hey, just found your thread,

I also am building my own Midi-Kemper-Footcontroller with an Arduino Mega...
    It´s an 18 Button controller, with option to plug in 4 more switches and 2 expression pedals. It has 18 RGB-LEDs for Status of the 18 Buttons, an LED Blinking in the Kemper Tempo and 2 4x7segment Displays that show me Bank Numbers, Tempo, Expression-Pedal-Values and Tuner of the KPA.
    Till now it has Midi in and out... but it will get another Midi-In, so that i can send Midi-Data from my iPad, which i use for lead sheets... so I will switch my complete rig by calling up the next song´s leadsheet, including tempo :-)..

I just finished my first Prototype to test the layout of the switches and displays in live situation.

It´s my first Arduino Project... but I love it!! :)
    Till now all works as it should :)

When all is finished and tested, I will order an aluminium Front-Panel, ready with all holes and stuff...

greetings
    Martin

Hi,
    The KPA and your other FX must be on differtent Midi-Channels.. say Kemper on 1 and the other on 2. Then program the FCB1010 Switch to send the CC 16 command just on Channel 2. So the Kemper shouldn´t do anything, when pressing your Switch.

Martin

Hi,
    here´s my Problem:
    I want to create a merged profile of my boogie Mark IV.

I did a Direct-Amp-Profile of my Mark IV using a DI-Box on the speaker-out... worked fine, the Kemper disabled the Cabinet. - Stored it.
    Then I copied the cabinet of an old studio profile (normal profile with amp, cab and mic created in FW 2.6something - i think) of that same amp, same channel, same settings in the new direct-amp-profile... it sounds little thin, no lows, too less highs... then i press "Merge Cabinet" and the sound was perfect.. sounded just like the old studio-profile (or very close to that), just like expected.
    then saved the new Rig and enjoyed it a little. BUT: when i switch to another rig and switch back to that Merged Rig the sound is again little thin, no lows, too less highs (just like described above before the push of the "merge-button"). No chance to get that real sound again. Restart didn´t help.

tried it several times, also tried to "store as new profile" (after merging the cabinet).

greetings
    Martin

Hi,
    a spdif loop would be great, but its not yet supported.

I tried to use my g-major in the analogue fx-loop... works, but the overall latency is about 10ms, which is too much for me. The signal is converted 6 times (AD or DA). Now I´m using the spdif out from the kemper into the spdif in of the g-major ... and then directly to the foh. 4ms latency, 2 conversions..

martin

Hi,

I´m using the KPA (with a few "real" stomp boxes in front) with a G-Major 2.. I use a lot of delays, which are more flexible with the G-Major. I don't like the delay-modulation of the KPA-Delay and I am way more flexible with different delay-presets. The reverb of the KPA would be great - I don´t need any of the other of effects.

My experience:
    - I Tried to put the G-Major in the Stereo-FX-Loop. Works fine, but the overall-Delay of my signal is close to 10ms... thats because of the 6 (!) A/D and D/A conversions... 10ms are too much for me. I notice that very clearly in my inears (even some more delay when a digital mixing console is used).

Guitar - A/D KPA-input - D/A fx-send - A/D g-major input - D/A G-major output - A/D KPA fx-return - D/A KPA Output.

Now I run the G-Major just behind the KPA, connected with SPDIF.

Guitar - A/D KPA-Input - SPDIF-Output to G-MAjor - D/A G-Major output to FOH..

The overall latency is now a little below 4ms... thats fine for me.

martin

Hi Ingolf, thanks for the reply,

for that kind of music, that i play, I need to be that flexible in choosing amp and delay types... no way programming a performance before playing. We often play very spontaneous.

Sometimes i need to switch from dotted 8th delays to 4th.. without changing the amp ... then in the same song maby i want to change the amp with keeping delay on 4ths... with that selected amp-sound, i want to switch to ping pong (left dotted 8th, right 4th)..
    Not mentioning the stomp-boxes in front of the amp (booster, tubescreamer, compressor, wha). I know that the kemper can do all of them, but again, they should be on or off and do not change that state when i switch to another rig. - but .. I think that would be possible by locking them, am i right?

Now I use a midi-Switcher for my amp (3 sounds) on midi channel 1 and a g-major 2 on midi channel 2. A little 4-button midi-foot-controller that sends programm-changes on channel 1 to switch the amp.. and a rocktron midi-mate with an extra tap-footswitch and an expression pedal on channel 2 for the g-major which sends programm-changes to change the delay-type (g-major presets), control-changes (buttons) to switch on and off the fx-blocks in the g-major like stomp-boxes (delay, reverb, tremolo, compression) and a control-change (expression pedal) to control the delay-level (in some presets sth. other like speed of the tremolo..).

I think i can´t get that out of the kemper on its own. Maby its worth trying it to replace my amp .. and keep the g-major for the fx...

With the Kemper: Can I set the range of the expression pedal: I want to control the delay-level with it. Can I set it like 50%mix in the toe-position and like 20% in the heel-position?

Martin

Hi,

i am also new to the KPA... and thinking about getting one :)

to Question Nr. 2:
    Can you really switch to a different delay-setting without changing the rest of the rig? and on the other side: can you switch to a different amp-Type without changing the delay-setting?

For example:
    You play in a Rig with an AC30 profile and a Delay which has 4/16 delay-time (for tap-tempo).
    Can you then switch to a Delay which has 3/16 delay-time WITHOUT changing the AC30-Profile?

I need 4 basic sounds (amps) ... and i´m using about 4 different delay types (the only difference is the tap-time-setting... 3/16, 4/16, 2 different ping-pongs). I want to use these 4 basic sounds with the 4 delay-types in any combination.

do i have to store 4x4 = 16 rigs .. .and call up the needed combination (amp- and delay-type) out of the 16?
    this would be complex!! I could not go with that..

greetings
    Martin