Posts by Johnny333

Hi, I’m selling this Kemper Profiling Amp as a package with the following gear that will give you a complete setup to use it to it’s full potential.

Kemper Profiling Amplifier Head

In the rarer (and personally favourite) white colour. A few small scratches on the front panel (pictured) but otherwise in perfect condition and working flawlessly.

Crate Powerblock - 150W Poweramp + Carry case

This can be used as a standalone amp or as the perfect portable poweramp for the Kemper. Sounded wonderful through my 2x12 cab.

Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller + EurekaProm 3 Chip

This is a wonderful midi controller with two expression pedals built in. I’ve also added the EurekaProm 3 Chip that is specifically design to make it work seamlessly with the Kemper. This chip cost an extra £50 including shipping/taxes from the USA.

Official Kemper Bag

Great quality bag for the Kemper and cables. Slight tear in one side pocket, easily fixed.

Kemper Commercial Profiles

The head comes with thousands of the best commercial profiles worth hundreds of pounds from all of the most notable producers. I’ve got almost every pack available so you’ll be all set! Will include these on a spare USB stick.

Original Kemper Manual, Stickers and pick!

All power and additional midi cables included.

Total £1450

Pictures:

Everything is in great condition with no issues. Any questions please feel free to get in touch. Collection from London W8.

Jonathan

Since the editor's still under construction, just thought I'd make a little design suggestion incase it would still be possible to incorporate something like this.

Firstly, let me just say I think Kemper have revolutionised the guitar amp market and it continues to bring a smile to my face each time I play, so thank you!

However, my main issue, (as an admittedly primitive human) is that when I'm switching between amps/tones there is currently no visual element to the experience (other than a name on a screen). It may sound a little trivial, but I genuinely think it could make a big difference to the full playing experience if we were able to incorporate/upload an image of the amp/front panel that we are playing through, which would be linked to that profile within the editor. Alternatively, there could be a few optional 'skins' representing various classic amp designs (e.g. tweed, Marshall, Vox...etc) which would switch depending on the chosen profile.

Would be keen to hear other users' thoughts on this!

P.s. I know there is a lot of pressure to release the editor asap, though perhaps this could be something to keep in mind for a later version

Thanks Alan, really appreciate your research! I am getting great tone it was just the slightly annoying volume sensitivity that I was hoping might have a simple fix. It's not that big of a deal though so will probably just stick with the current set up for now. Cheers!

Thanks everyone!

I was going from the direct out to the cab. Have just switched this to the monitor out.

However, the 'monitor output' was original set to "Git Studio" and greyed out the "monitor volume" on the next page. I've now set the monitor out to "Master Mono" and I am now able to change the volume. However, it stills seems to need to be in the -80/90db range to not be too loud (and also now can't be easily edited without going into the volume settings... rather than just turning the master volume knob).

Zaapledan - Might be the case!

Booyah - How would I go about calibrating them?

Kemper Support - I've tried the gain, front and rear level knobs on the Crate but nothing effects the volume. It is a good sounding set up other than the volume issue but with take you advice and investigate other options!

Also, out of interest what do the 'ground' switches do?

Hi, I've set up my Kemper (unpowered toasted) running into the return of an FX loop of a Crate Powerblock and out to a 2x12 zilla cab.

I'm playing it with the cab sim off and it sounds wonderful, however, to play at regular bedroom levels I have to have the 'main volume' on the master volume set at around -90db. At this point it's super sensitive to the slightest touch so makes it really difficult to set a volume that's not too loud or too quiet. Due to plugging into the return on the Crate, I am unable to alter the level on that so am not sure what I can do.

Any help would be great!

Thanks so much Paults, I was on version 7.0.9.15094 but just upgraded to 7.1.2.

It's fixed the right (volume) expression pedal, however, the left pedal (usually wah) is doing a strange thing where it has a wah sound with the heel down but sort of merges into a decreasing volume pedal when pressed forward. Any ideas what could be causing this or how I could fix it?

Also, how can I assign different controls to the expression pedals?

Thanks!

Hi guys, hope this is in the right section.

I'm using a FCB1010 pedal with a EurekaProm 3 installed to control my Kemper, but can't figure out how to make the expression pedals control wah/volume...etc. I definitely had this working before but they seem to not be doing anything now.

Would really appreciate any help! Also is there any detailed manual for using the EurekaProm 3? Thanks

Hi, I just got a new Macbook and want to replicate my old Rigmanager from my previous Mac onto the new one.

I have tried downloading Rig Manager from Kemper's website and copying across the old profile folders to the same documents location, however, these do not show up when I open Rig Manager, and none of my old custom category folders (in Rig Manager) are still there.

If anyone could help me fix this I would massively appreciate it!

Thanks,

Johnny

Thanks guys, it's not something that's really bothering me that much. It was more out of interest as to why traditional amps tend to move air in a different way to a kemper + power amp + cab, making pretty much the same sound.

Paults - I'm using an unpowered kemper toaster + crate power block (150w power section) + diezel 4x12 with vintage 30s.
    Lokasenna - It's like being hit by sound-waves when playing, just a nice response to feel from an amp that adds to the experience.

Don't get me wrong, i'm getting great sounds, it's just a nerdy question to see if I could understand the science behind it!

One of the things I miss from playing a Kemper (through a cab) rather than a traditional amp is the lack of air movement caused by playing. Is this something Kemper would ever be able to incorporate into the software or is something physical missing that means this could never be achieved?

Thanks! :thumbup:

As some of you might have seen, i've recently been looking for a power amp to use between my kemper and cabinet.
    Though since they can be reasonably expensive I was thinking, would it not make sense to buy a solid state guitar head instead that can be plugged into at the power stage.
    This way i'ld have a power amp but also a second guitar amp for possibly the same, or a marginally higher cost.

(I'm aware this would be less portable, but that's not really a concern for me as I would be using this set up for playing at home).

Does anyone else do this and would you recommend any low cost, solid state amp heads that would suit this purpose?
    Also by going solid state, i'm assuming this would keep it more transparent, however, would something like a solid state marshall's power section still be tweaked to give a more marshally tone?

Cheers! :thumbup:

I didn't, i'm admittedly pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. All I know is that with conventional amps, once you get below 30 watts or so it does seem to impact on the sound, especially for more overdriven tones. But maybe that's a different story with power amps? (Please advise me if i'm wrong!).

Also if someone could explain the mono vs stereo options/advantages to me that would be greatly appreciated! (Would I be able to run a single 4x12 in stereo?)
    Thanks