Posts by Johnny333

Thanks so much for your help! Sorry if i'm being an idiot but i'm not the most tech-wavy and still a bit confused!

I changed the file name to .tar (it was "2014-05-01 14-27-54 - Matt e.kpabackup" and I changed this to "2014-05-01 14-27-54 - Matt e.tar". Is that correct?)

I then tried to 'decompress' that .tar file but can only see the option to compress it. Any idea why that would be? (I'm in a mac btw if that makes a difference).

Also, I can't see any 'rig' folder at the moment. Where should that be?

Alternatively, can I not just do a factory reset now that I have the "2014-05-01 14-27-54 - Matt e.kpabackup" saved on my computer, and backup from this if I wish to revert to the current settings?

Hi guys,

Just got my Kemper yesterday and so far I am in love. However, I bought it used and I think most of the profiles have been tweaked to the previous user's setup (which seems to give a much darker muddy tone when compared to the new profiles i've added, which sound great with no tweaking).

I'm therefore considering doing a factory reset but wondered if I could save a 'snapshot' of the current amp settings/profiles incase I want to revert back to how it is now. Is that possible?

Cheers!

Johnny.

Hi just bought a kemper but waiting for it to arrive!

Just wondered, if you profile an amp twice with exactly the same settings and mic placement...etc, but with two different guitars (e.g. les paul + strat), will each profile sound slightly different?
    If so does each profile tend to be best suited to the type of guitar that was used for the original profiling?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Just another quick question. Can any model/year of Kemper be updated with the latest firmware?

E.g. get the new pitch-shifter/ducking effects...etc

I was just a bit confused as I saw a video talking about these new features with the powered keepers and didn't know if they could be added to the old ones.

Thanks!

Just wondering if it would be possible to plug an unpowered Kemper into a Bogner Spider Valve 112 Combo to use it's power amp and speaker?

The inputs that seem relevant on the back are 'preamp out' and 'power amp in' but i'm not sure if that is just another way to describe an effects loop.

Could I just plus the kemper into the 'power amp in'?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!