Posts by alim

@Grumpter Wow!!! Just Wow! Thanks a lot for the lesson, at least for me! Great to know all that info!

I've bought the Carvin cab just to try it during trail period. So, I had a rehearsal on a relatively big stage and right from the beginning started to add more and more volume on my Kemper. So I ended up with a full master volume and even full power amp extra boost (since your Kemper is non-powered I guess you don't have this parameter). As soon as I've reached the volume top of the Kemper that Carvin cab started, hmmm, I don't know how to explain it, but ... I would say the cab started to "stutter" or clipping, don't know! Kemper itself was not clipping at all - all the input and output leds were green. Why I made this post is because I started to feel that the Kemper's internal power amp is really weak since it is a D-class.
    So, do you think that the internal power amp is powerful enough and the issue is Carvin cab due to his specs?

Thanks again for your help!

96db @ 1w/1m is not very efficient. If you are playing very loud gigs I might be worried that it wouldn't be able to keep up. What about something like - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yorkvi…9492fe:g:jkwAAOSwCU1Y3ROo ? 127db max continuous - http://yorkville.com/legacy/product/nx35/

Edit: Though you better check the stats on the Kemper amp. I see it says 600w but didn't see the Ohms. I am using the non-power amp version so am not familiar with the specs on the powered head.

@Grumpter, thank you so much! That is why I'm asking for help! I completely illiterate with all those "d@w/m" terms.

Very strange that Xitone's cabs don't have this info.

Kemper power amp is 600w with 8ohm or 300w with 16ohm.

Am I getting it right that 600w with 8ohm will sound twice louder then 300w with 16ohm?

Guys,

Anybody has a chance to try this passive wedge with powered Kemper?
    Do you think it's going to be powerful enough regarding all specs below for the loud gigs since Kemper's internal power amp is a D-class solid state type?
    Unfortunately I can't find any detailed spec's info on Xotone website to compare Carvin's passive wedge to Xitone passive wedge. Anybody can help me with that?

thank you guys in advance!

System Type: 12-inch 2-Way
    Frequency Response (-10dB): 65 Hz - 20 kHz
    Frequency Response (-3dB): 70 Hz - 18 kHz
    Coverage Pattern: 80 round
    Crossover: 2-Way with Speaker Guard™ HF protection
    Crossover Frequency: 2.5 k Hz
    Power: 300w Continuous / 600w Program / 1200w Peak
    Recommended Amplifier Power: 450w - 900w
    Sensitivity (1w @ 1m): 96dB
    Maximum SPL: 121dB
    LF Driver: 12-inch woofer
    HF Driver: 1-inch Neodymium 1.5-inch VC
    Nominal Impedance full range: 8 ohms
    Bi-amp LF: 8 ohms 300w / 600w / 1200w
    Bi-amp HF: 8 ohms 60w / 120w / 240w
    Enclosure: 13-Ply Premium Russian Baltic Birch
    Suspension/Mounting: 1-3/8-inch pole mount cup
    Finish: Black DuraTex™
    Transport: 1 Recessed Handle
    Grill: Black powder coated 16-Ga steel
    Acoustically Transparent Foam Backing
    Connectors: Two NL-4 Neutrik Speakon™
    Dimensions: 14.5 in high (370mm) x 15.5 in wide (395mm) x 19.5 in deep (495mm)
    Net Weight: 33 lb (15 kg)

BRAND NEW, NEVER OPENED condition!!! Got them as a trade in.

Great as a regular volume pedal and you can use it as an expression pedal.

- Rugged volume and expression pedal for GUITAR or BASS
    - Smooth, consistent, reliable performance from the Low Friction Band-Drive design
    - Aluminum chassis, aggressive non-slip tread
    - Adjustable rocker tension lets you completely customize the feel and response
    - Control your effects pedals with the expression output
    - Full control of the min/max parameter value when in expression mode
    Internal switch for reversing heel/toe values
    - Easy silent tuning with the dedicated tuner output

$80

I actually have 2 for sale so the price listed is per pedal.

If you live near Boston, MA let me know and we can work a deal to save on shipping!

Thanks!

@db9091 wow! Thanks a lot for all the info!
    I'm surprised about you experience with TotalMix. Everything what I've found in internet and as @nightlight and @Trazan said TotalMix is very intuitive and convenient piece of software. Well, we are all different.

@Trazan - yes, lack of coax SPDIF is my concern.

What do you guys think about some kind of converters?
    For example:
    Midiman M-Audio C02 Coaxial/Optical Bi-Directional Converter ($100)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offe…mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

My concern is buying a cheap converter box to use with two high quality interfaces as Kemper and RME. But digital connection might be a standard?! I don't know really.

Guys,

I'm sorry in advance if it's a not right place to write.

I've got a really good deal to buy RME Babyface Pro - 25% off (less then $600). Brand new from one of the biggest retailers here in the US.
    I'm planing to use it with my Kemper.

One thing I have a concern is that RME doesn't have SPDIF. Well, technically it has, but ADAT. Don't want to hassle with some converters.
    Beside of that, no complains at all: low latency, extremely stable OS/Windows drivers, TotalMix etc
    And PRICE - 25% off.

What do you think guys? Anyone has an experience with this audio interface?

Thank you all!

Hi @alim, the explanation of all the letters is quite simple. BM2 stands for my second rig pack. GA40 is an amp model.
    About A1B etc..I take a lot of profiles from each amp but only the ones of which I think they are the best are in the pack.
    So it's my way of describing and organizing the profiles that has been used (and which ones are not).

Thanks a lot for your compliment !!

@breu, thanks a lot for your answer! Make sense what you've said, I just thought that those A1B etc... are some kind of deeper explanation of something: mic position, eq...

Again, thanks a lot for your great work! I've got both of your packs and deleted all the rest profiles, don't need them.

Also, @breu if I may ask. Do you use a guitar cab or a FRFR cab for the live performances? Sorry, if I missed this info in a previous posts.

A powered Toaster is for sale along with Kemper Carrying Bag

Perfect condition, used in my home studio. Includes manual, power cable and original box.

Bonus: Bert Meulendijk Profiles Pack ($50)

Kemper warranty valid until June 2017, plus Guitar Center Warranty Pro Coverage REPAIR PLAN
    (36-MONTH valid until September 2017).

Located in Boston, MA

Shipping is possible.

$1950

I profiled a Unico acoustic amp. I think it sounds great. Use it with Martins and Piezos...

i didnt find find profile I had liked, had the amp so tried it... Very pleasantly surprised... I put it on the exchange... Under user JoeR or joer43 can't remember....

This! Absolutely great profile! Thanks, JoeR43!

Guys,

I apologies in advance, but didn't find any information about that on this new forum.

The thing is that I saved a lot of helpful links from old forum. Obviously, since Kemper started to run the new forum my old links don't work. I see this thing even on http://www.wikpa.org - many links are broken.

Is it any way or method how can I recover old links?

Thanks!