Posts by drandall

Are you playing, composing and singing everything? If so, sweet man! Congrats on the album! :thumbup:

Yes! I have a drummer playing his Roland e-kit into my Superior Drummer 3 and a buddy (fellow Kemper user) who did the guitar solos on What Are You Waiting For & Systematic Breakdown...but everything else is all me :) . Recorded everything in my studio on Cakewalk Sonar. Much appreciation!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dale, I felt like I was at the Record Plant on this one. Damn Great Record Sir.
    You should be proud and pleased. Some records make me want to Haul Ass,
    this one makes me want to outrun the Helicopters. :thumbup:

Appreciate that so much! This was started and finished in 9 weeks, I have some major creative juices flowing right now. I just finished a 6 song album with my band and I'm starting a new 10 song solo album now that I hope to have completed this fall.

You must be doing something right, Dale. Your album is blocked in Singapore. I can't hear it, so I'm guessing it must be brutal!

Aw man, that sucks! It's available on every platform; iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer, Microsoft Groove, Saavn, MediaNet, iHeart Radio, etc...

A bump for this thread. I'm interested in seeing whether I can get a pedal that can top the Kemper for a one or two octave transpose either up or down.

How does the Kemper transpose sound vis-a-vis the EHX Pog or Pog 2? I tried one yesterday and was impressed with the tracking with chords. Also, it's interesting to have more than one transpose working at one time.

What about straight ahead transpose? Digitech Drop? EHX Pitchfork? A Whammy? Something else?

I use the Digitech Drop for 1 & 2 semitone drops. The Kemper transpose has a weird synth/fake sound to it and really lags. The Drop pedal has barely any noticable lag and sounds great to a full step down.

I played with my new Freqout pedal last weekend on Fri/Sat. I leave it on all the time and have it on low natural harmonic, set very low so it just starts to feedback after about 5 seconds (like a real cabinet on stage would). It was really cool and fun.

I usually get pretty good feedback if I want it as well... we'll see if it changes when my new Xitone Michael Britt convertible open/closed back cab gets here this week!

You usually get good feedback using a cab on stage? A lot of us are talking about using something for feedback becasue we are direct to PA with no cab and using IEMs . I have one RG550 with a sustainer system in it but I think this Freqout pedal is going to work great for me live.

Sounds pretty good to me. I wouldn't use it on a studio recording but for live nobody will hear a difference in a full band mix

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

I still run my Xotic SP Comp & Xotic EP Booster (both in the back of my rack on all the time), Digitech Drop and Xotic BB Preamp. I haven't been able to get the BB Preamp sound out of the Kemper drives. The separate Bass & Treble knobs offer a different sound than I can get out of the Kemper ones. The SP comp & EP Booster also just seem to work better with little to no adjustments needed. The Digitech drop is far superior for dropping pitch, I only need to go down 1 semitone for live on some songs. The Kemper one has a weird synthesized sound to it. I use all the Kemper FX though, they work great for what I need.

Oh yeah...and I have one of the Digitech Freqout pedals coming when they are released in April!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my Remote LEDs flicker every now and then on this firmware. I remember that happening in the past on an older firmware as well. It doesn't seem to affect the functionality at all though.