Posts by drandall

So, I have two KPA rackmounts (one for live rig/one stays in studio), and since the remote dropped to $469.00 in the US I decided to get an additional one to stay in the studio. When I plugged in it, the buttons for 1-5 are now green?? At first it seemed weird but now I wish my live setup had the green LEDs as well. My live rig remote was one of the early birds

[Blocked Image: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/parisblue1/Remote-Live.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/parisblue1/Remote-Studio.jpg]

Hi. How do you do this ? In System Settings ? Thanks. :thumbup:

System Settings>Remote Settings (page 12)>Button Assignment (soft keys)>change morphing to one of the other buttons (I used the looper button). Now when I'm playing on preset one and have a morph for that Preset, I tap the looper button to use the morph and tap the Preset 1 to go back to the original setting. This also allows you to use buttons I-IIII for additional effect on/off settings and press Preset 1 button to go back to the original setting.

I have no interest in using the expression pedal to morph, I have that set up as an available wah on all my presets. The morph options I would use also are immediate so stepping on the button again is the only way I would want to trigger it.I had mentioned to a Mod during the beta phase that the best way to combat this is to have a 3 sec hold on a remote switch button to engage the morph edit mode within a rig. That way you can still click the button to go back to your original preset if you have no morphing without going into edit mode and the morphing feature could still be a global function without having to be a per rig/soft button option.

This feature would really be useful for those of us that use the KPA live with the Remote preset buttons as the trigger and like to use the I-IIII on/off buttons and click the same preset button again to go back to the original preset. With the current way morphing is, if you click the button again it goes into morphing set up mode instead of back to your original preset. So for the way I use the remote, morphing is globally on or off which means I can't use this feature.

I always use the Xotic BB Preamp and was intrigued with this pedal and it's additional eq shaping potential. Bought it and tried it with the KPA for a week and just couldn't get it to sound as good to me as the BB Preamp does. I guess it just doesn;t work with my specific profiles (which are of my own Mesa rig). Great video though and you have it sounding fantastic! Love me some Andy Timmons.

I agree with all of the comments regarding the ability to either turn off morphing or limit how it activates ect. As a live performance guy,it is a real drag to not be able to "reset" the preset by hitting the footswitch after you have turned on individual stomps. I've also sent a request to support on this. Its a pretty big deal in my world.

@whippinpost91850

@Tick

Make sure you guys email support and tell them how you feel about this, it's what these beta versions are all about. I've been emailing support back & forth begging them to integrate this into the new release when it comes out because it really affects the live situation. The more people open support tickets for this to happen, the better chance they will make it happen! They seem to be all about their users and getting our feedback to make the best product available.

10w73, make sure you open a support ticket about this or they won't consider it an issue. I've been emailing back and forth about it with them. It's a major deal to the way I use the KPA & Remote live as well!

email your issue to: [email protected]

That's how I used my Kemper and at a rehearsal yesterday I got a hard time to find a temporary workaround for that "issue". I hope there will be some change in the near future because that would be a huge step backwards for me.

PM sent to you.

This is crazy, what if somebody doesn't want to use the morph function at all? The 5 remote preset buttons can't be made to function the way they were in FW 3.3 without going into the top LED morphing setup?? I'm not giving up on this with support.

I use it probably 6-8 times a night, but I only use 2 banks of 5 presets in performance mode so I keep it in stomp slot 1 available with all 10 presets. That would be cool if you also submit a ticket so this would get added soon. Thank you!

I just did everything you explained above (it's actually page 13/20 on my system menu, not sure why?) but the preset still goes to the upper LED when I try to double click to turn off the I-IIII buttons. Any ideas why? I had to set the Wah to bypass at stop because I have a wah on all my presets and need to use it.