Posts by drandall

Just meant that what you proposed is a work around, no disrespect. Having the wah on for every preset isn't ideal for me because I use a Mission pedal for wah and use the on/off switch on the pedal. The wah is also on all my presets because I use it throughout the night with most of my presets. That's all....

Maybe you are right, maybe you do not understand me. ;) I used the stomp boxes I - IIII in the same way like you..
    Nobody will force you to use morphing. But If you use it you have to live with it at it is in the moment.
    I am satisfied with the solution as it is.
    There are also other improvements in Vers 4.0
    I just want to give you a hint how you go further with using morphing.

I appreciate your input and help with this, just wanted to make sure you knew how I was using it. I might use some morphing in the future but honestly it's not something I need or see myself doing much right now just because I'm already playing all the rhythm & leads, singing lots of lead & back up vocals (sometimes while I'm playing leads). I just don't need one more thing to take my focus away from the performance and getting the job done. It took a while to move from my old midi setup with outboard gear to the KPA & Remote and be in sync with everything I needed to do and now I have to worry about the upper LED lighting up and not going back to my base preset as I've been doing for almost a year now at 100 shows.

Nope, you're not understanding.

Before morphing...I could select my preset #1 on the Remote with my base profile & some reverb. I click on upper Button I and add chorus & delay to the chorus section of a song. To go back to preset #1 at the verse after the chorus I just click on preset #1 again and I'm back to my base profile with some reverb. With the new firmware, if I get to the verse section after the chorus and click preset #1 again it doesn't go back to my base profile, it goes to the upper LED to set up a morphed preset from my original preset. There is no option to go back the way it was before this update. So if I am someone who doesn't want to use morphing I can't turn the entire feature off because double clicking any preset #1-5 will automatically go into the upper morph part of that preset. This is what I want the ability to either turn off in a global setting or only have this edit part of setting up a morph feature engage when I hold down the preset button for 3 seconds. Any preset you set up to morph should automatically switch to the upper LED, but if a preset doesn't have a morph saved to it, this shouldn't happen unless you want to add a morph (i.e. holding the button longer to set up).

I would like to use morphing on some of my presets, but not all. I want the ability to turn off my selected effects on buttons I-IIII by hitting the same button again and going back to my original sound. The problem now is even if a certain preset doesn't have any morphing saved on it, it automatically goes into the "upper" LED morphing setting. A simple edit mode for setting up morphs would do the trick. I'm sure some users won;t have any use for morphing and therefore wouldn't need to go into any kind of edit mode.

BTW: I upgraded to FW 4.01 on my studio KPA which is how I've been testing this out. It simply won't work as it stands for my live KPA unit and set up

Love it all,, but I am getting a lag time when switching between any rigs,takes half a sec to switch, tried restart, same thing,,It used to switch instantly,,
    anyone else?
    Thanks all

Me too on performance mode in 4.0, but 4.01 improved the sound lag for me although the screen changes are still lagging far behind.

Please consider for morphing with the remote that holding the chosen preset button for 3 seconds takes the remote into morphing edit mode. For those of us that use the remote to turn on effects saved in slots I-IIII and then click back on the original preset to clear them, this can not be done now because clicking the original preset a second time goes to the morphed preset mode, even if one doesn't currently exist within that profile. The way I use my KPA and remote live will not let me update the firmware on my live Profiler until this option or something similar is available.

This will be a major pain for me live. There are probably many times I accidentally hit the same button and now it will go to morph mode

This fix should be something like needing to hold down the preset button on the remote for 3 seconds to engage the morphing edit or setup, that way double tapping a preset doesn't automatically send you into set up mode on a preset where you don't need a morph feature

@drandall I'm used to resetting the FX status of a rig the same way. I will likely program a morph to turn the FX mix up, and then press the rig button again to switch them off.

However, you can make a Feature Request to be able to selectively turn morph off for specific rigs/slots.

This will be a major pain for me live. There are probably many times I accidentally hit the same button and now it will go to morph mode

Here's a new little frustration for me I found tonight. While in performance mode and using a preset, I click on a couple of the effect buttons (i.e. Phaser and delay on I & IIII), and then I can usually hit the same preset button to go back to my original preset hence turning these back off. Now...it goes to the upper morphing light and wants to program a morph?? Is there a setting to lock the morphing feature to off when you don't want to program those like during a performance?

If you use the Rig Manager and have all your presets dragged to a folder you have nothing to worry about. You can also backup all your presets to a USB drive for added security as well as running a system backup to a USB drive before installing any updates. I uploaded to 4.0 and all my browser and performance presets are all still fully intact. Backup, backup, backup...there's nothing that could happen to my KPA that would cause me to have to start over from scratch.

I started messing with 4.0 on my studio KPA (I'll wait for the release to use on my live performance KPA). I had 3 crashes (didn't take any pics yet, but I will tonight). This was the first time I've ever experienced a crash and every time it happened, the morphing I had saved on my performance banks was gone and everything was back to the prior boot. I also had a crash/reboot where the Crunch profile came up on reboot and I couldn't switch to anything (including tuner), finally it let me shut down and when I rebooted again, Crunch profile was back but I was able to switch to other profiles and to tuner/performance. I'll give it some additional play time tonight and take pics of the error screens. I saw three last night, two different types. Two were the error screen and the other was an effect loading error that asked to "Reboot soon"

...and I also have an 11R in my studio that I never use. Tried using it live once and thought it sounded awful through the PA direct.

I guess I'm spoiled...here is my live rack (top) and stay at home studio rack (bottom). I've been grabbing the bottom rack and setting it up like this for live gigs "just in case". The studio rack can be plugged in to the remote and input in a couple seconds if I have a failure and is ready to go. The nice SKB 4 space rack is super lightweight and no problem bringing along to gigs.

[Blocked Image: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/parisblue1/d6a6ba1a-13e4-417d-a7d9-a46a67103ac7.jpg]

:thumbup:

If you use high gain, play clubs with shitty power it's the way to go. The Kemper gate is good but if you use your volume knob a lot to clean up your tone (as I do) the Kemper gate can cut you high end where the ISP doesn't. I use the Kemper gate on "3" and feather in the ISP until the noise goes away. Works flawless between overdrive & clean profiles without killing your signal as it fades out.

This has been on youtube since June 2015, he goes through his whole rig from the last tour

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.