Posts by drandall

drandall, Where in Michigan. I ordered the Jan 14 and now scheduled to ship March23rd
    Also how did you pay for yours. I just tried to do the reorder and change to PayPal but it will not let me chekout. Paul

I'm in Holland, MI.

I had it set up for pre-pay when I purchased. They emailed an invoice with instructions for the bank transfer. I emailed back saying I wanted to pay by paypal and they immediately sent a paypal payment request by email. It was a very easy transaction.

I REALLY wanted an Axe-FX 2 a year ago and was very frustrated with the company continually being "out of stock" (and all the one's on eBay were more than the direct purchase price) so I found a used KPA rackmount on eBay and took a shot. I can honestly say that I could never see myself as happy with the Axe-FX as I have become with the KPA. It is an amazing unit and I blow people away at every gig with the tone. Every guitar player I know that hears it either goes out and buys one or says they are going to save up for one. :thumbup:

I use 2 distorted sounds (2 different gain stages of the same profile) and 1 clean sound from my profiled rig that I have used live since 2006. These 3 sounds have many different effects I switch to using midi. They are all on the rig exchange under my user name D.Randall and are labeled RECTO-PRE/2:90. I only go to the single coils on my 5 way switch (HSH pickup config) during clean patches and during certain songs/parts. They sound good, but it doesn't sound the same as my real tube amp. Any clean profile I use off the rig exchange does a similar thing going from the HB to SC as my clean sounds. All my Ibanez guitars and my Fender strats have Dimarzio pickups, mostly the EVO2, Evolution or CrunchLab humbuckers and Evolution single coils. My tele has the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound set. It's not a huge deal but I was hoping they would sound the same as the tube amp. The bridge humbucker sounds dead on for the clean sound of the tube amp.

I run it though the PA live and IEMs, but I get the same result on that, or headphones, or studio monitors. To me it seems like an algorithm or something that doesn't compensate for different pickup outputs & voltages the way they react with a real tube amp

I use guitars with humbuckers in the bridge and then single coils in the middle and sometimes the neck position too (or a neck HB). Since I use my profiles live, I'll use my sound for this example. The sound of my profiles using the bridge humbucker is exact to my amp but when I switch to the single coil pickups, they sound different than my tube amp on both clean and overdrive sounds. The sound is too "glassy" sounding compared to my real amp. Is there anything to solve this? I also notice this issue on any profile or strat/tele style guitar I use. ?(

I am very happy with how they turned out, and the distorted tones all clean up nice with the guitar volume turned down. I also turned the Amp compression up on the tonestack settings when tweaking to match my live rig sound, has anyone else messed with this?

Hello everyone! I uploaded my profiles to the Rig Exchange on Jan 20 of my live rig set up.

[/img][/url][Blocked Image: http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd448/parisblue1/3a412bdf-4ff8-448e-8c33-dae36381a5ba.jpg]

The Recto Recording Preamp was purchased in 2006 and has JJ Tubes from Eurotubes. Four ECC83s and two ECC83 high gain tubes. I had Trace from Voodoo Amps do a deluxe mod on this unit which really made it shine and brought the tone to life.

The 2:90 power amp was purchased in 1992 and also has JJ Tubes from Eurotubes installed. Three ECC83s inside, and then each channel has two 6L6GCs & two E34Ls so you get a nice hybrid of American/British tone.

Speaker cabs are two Randall 212 cabs that came with cheap Celestion 70 Eighty speakers so I swapped all those out with V30s. I run both in stereo, but only used a SM-57 on one for the profile.

These are the settings I use live with my ADA MC-1 midi switcher and all the profiles were tweaked running through my band's PA direct in a side by side comparison to the real rig with two SM-57s to fine tune it and they are practically identical now. I also use a Keeley Compressor pedal (always on) and Xotic BB Preamp with my live set up. I have gotten so many complements and questions about what I'm using when I play live. I've opened up a lot of people's eyes to the KPA who have never heard about it before. :thumbup:

I hope you have fun with them and let me know any feedback or links to recordings you do using them.

Thanks