Posts by tonystees

All in all it is just to many obstacles to jump through to use this as a practical gigging rig for me. For the reasons below.
    1. I already have a fine tube amp and pedals nicely mated together with a cabinet that sounds good.
    2. I would have to purchase a floor controller
    3. I would have to purchase a power amp or powered cab.
    4. then protective cases for the stuff

When purchased i thought i could put together a 212 with the kemper and have a nice small package that feels and plays like a gainy marshall tube amp.
    Ive kinda lost the drive now on that mission. However DI into my DAW this thing is pretty freakin incredible.

The kemper is like every other tool ! You gotta use the right tool for the right Job; and DI with a proper profile makes it the right tool !!! Thats my opinion !

I tried several diff profiles and switching cab on / off ..... Same deal ! Definately not clipping the amp also. The next thing i'm going to try is to run it in the return of my mustang III combo and see what that result is. ????

Will post later !

Thanks for the replies !

Peace.

Im new to the KPA. but not gear or playing.. I have been at a long time so this is not just some newbie mistake. I hooked it up to a cheap audio centron power amp using the Monitor out of the kemper then out out of the Power Amp to my 1960a cab. with the cab sim off.... Yuk !!!! Sterile as hell & no ohmph !!!! at all. Just felt very line 6 ish. The thing is very sweet DI into my focusrite/daw. I was seriously considering getting a good power amp like the Matrix GT1000.... But now im very hesitant. I didnt expect it to just amaze me with the tone going through a cheap power amp. But man it was just way off !!!!!!! now i'm thinking this things magic is better suited for DI/recording not a live rig solution. Can anybody enlighten me with a similar experience or resolution. All the clips I hear on you tube going through a cab doesn't really impress me either ... "not intending to offend anyone"!
    My goal was to lighten my gig load from a Marshall half stack and massive pedalboard to the Kemper, a 212 CAB and a FCB1010.
    Not feeling this will suffice.

Peace ! ?(

Hello,

Im new here and fairly new to the kemper. I have over 400 profiles and use like 5. I know there is people with plenty more? What is the best way to clean out what i don't use and just keep what i want with the least amount of hassle.

I have a Mac and from what i gather rig librarian doesnt work with a mac. I started just deleting the profiles one at a time last night .....very time consuming !!! Im sure there is a better way !

Anyone ???????

Thanks in advance !

Tony

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I have lurked around here a little the past few weeks.
    Pulled the trigger and bought a Black Toaster and have really been enjoying it. Just wish i had more time to play and tweak!
    Here is something i threw together real quick after swiping a profile form the rig exchange "contributed by okstrat" and tweaking to my liking somewhat.
    Too much gain, reverb and delay but still figuring this think out. Be gentle ! It's not at all Authentic EVH tone. but just having fun !

I have one negative comment, well if you can call it that ... lol I find myself sitting and tweaking and adjusting trying to just get it perfect. Man the variable options of tone are freakin incredible and im really just scratching the surface !!!!

https://soundcloud.com/tony-hi…emper-72-marshall-profile

Tony

Happy Kemper User !