Posts by rreda

Keep us posted what you find. I have a ZLX 12P as we'll among other's and IMO it pronounces highs and lows like a big hifi box whereas the DXR 10 pronounces the mids a bit. You'll need to use the unpowered output of your unit of course.

Well Ingolf I have been using my DXR10's against the ZLX12P and your assessment was right on, it does pronounce the highs and lows more. I had cut back those frequencies in my setup which I thought sounded good. But the DXR10 is truly more of a flat response and a true representation of the KPA. Thanks for your input with this and I am happy I made the switch.

There is a thread on here somewhere from someone already cut the FCB to remove the pedals and used their own. It makes the FCB a smaller footprint. They also included a picture of their modification.

I'll stick with the FCB. The only thing I do not like about the FCB is the volume pedal is terrible, the Wah pedal works perfectly fine form me. I remember at one time someone posted a pic of a modifies FCB where the cut it off at the foot pedals and made the foot print smaller then used their own pedal. I just don't want to hack my pedal up but did like the idea. Once Kemper comes out with a controller I hope the cost isn't that of the Axe controller.

You need a foot controller anyway if you play the Kemper live! the FCB1010 is for the moment the best controller. it have volumpedal and expression pedal. i only use my volume pedal for tuning and muting, and some swells now and then. i don't think the volumpedal can compete with some expensive dedicated volumpedals! but i am not comfortable using it, so i don't care.

I agree with Morty. The pedals on the FCB are not that good for volume control but I find its fine to use as a WAH pedal. I find the volume pedal is either on or off and if it's in between you lose the tone. But like most others I will be in the market for a good volume pedal to use with the FCB. And yes the FCB with the Uno4Kemper chip is plug and play, really no programing involved.

Backup will create a single, time-stamped file that includes all rigs. Make sure the first time you use insert the USB you select format, this will format the stick with 3 folders on it. To backup, select the soft button "Backup" and wait until you’re notified that the backup has been completed. This procedure can take several minutes. Never remove the USB stick until you’re prompted to do so. All successful backups can be found inside a folder called "Backups" on your USB stick.

I just don't thinks its realistic to get that exact same tone through your monitor as what is out of the PA. I'm sure the speakers and processing is different for one. You don't say what you use for a monitor. When I get a sound check I leave my monitor off to make sure it sounds good through the PA, once I like it I turn on my monitor. We use the same sound guy and he runs a digital Mackie board and if we have played there before he just recalls the mix. I have found leaving my monitor in a vertical position and a little off the ground sounds much better to me. Depending on the room I may need to tweak the monitor's EQ slightly but I find this less often with the vertical position. I like the sound out of my monitor but my guitar always sounds much better through the PA since its louder and bigger sounding. I do not play with much stage volume only enough to clearly hear myself on rhythm parts.

Switch the unit on while you hold the button System. Release the button when you can read something with 'system reset' on the screen. The procedure won’t erase any of the presets you’ve saved. It will however erase your saved manual settings (like LED color brightness, clean and distorted sens etc.).

Check to make sure your clean sense settings are locked. I had that happen with me, couldn't understand why the profile in Browse mode sounded different in Performance mode. It was driving me crazy but noticed that the clean sense had changed.

After playing shows with my FRFR I have used it on the floor like a wedge monitor in front of me and behind me which sounds fine. Sometimes too much in your face in front but I while at practice one day I set it up raised off the floor about 12" and in a vertical position. For myself I think it sounds so much better that way and played the next show with it in that position, I really liked the sound, thought it was its most natural that way. My current FRFR is an EV ZLX12P but I have on the way 2 Yamaha DXR10's which I probably will use just one for shows but got a great deal on them. So for me vertical is my preference. I am just curious as to everyone's thoughts on this and if you have tried the FRFR both ways.

Mark I have unloaded almost all my factory rigs and use commercial. I totally understand where you are coming from but I to was disappointed when I first hooked up my KPA to my monitors. I read these people on the forum and they all love the sound. Then I purchased some commercial tones and ran the KPA through a small PA I have with some great sounding non powered Yamaha speakers. It was then I realized this thing sounded incredible and could not put it down. I finally understood what everyone was raving about. So I have spent time learning the functions of the KPA am comfortable programming it. The only thing I find I may be tweaking are the effects not the actual dry amp sound.

I then bought a ZLX12P for a monitor and also happy with the sound it produces, I did find that keeping the monitor upright sounds better live instead of leaving it in the horizontal position. But there are some great profiles from The Amp Factory, Chop Tones and Top Jimi etc, I find there are too many I like and want to find songs to use them in. I hope you stick with it. Good luck.

Purchased the Marshall JCM2000 and by far the best profile from this amp I have heard so far. Many different tones and natural sounding with the clean and dirty channels. Also bought the Marshall 1959RR and the Marshall 2266 Vintage, all excellent and have a thick fat tone to them . Spent the entire weekend playing with them.