Posts by rreda

What do you use for a monitor to program the KPA? Does it sound good from the monitor? I have had this issue through a PA and it was the a combination of the sound guy not setting up the board flat and some terrible cheap PA speakers. Now when it did happen it as usually on profiles with high gain settings, most of the others were fine. But this has only happened to me once and for the evening I tweaked the output EQ settings of the KPA to get it close and had the soundman adjust the board. If he is using cheap PA speakers I'm sure not only your guitar but the entire sound is bad. I have since used it from sound companies using JBL and Yamaha with high end mixer, never a problem with XLR out. In fact I have had the sound man come up after the set and ask what the hell are you playing through, the sound is amazing.

I would experiment with other possibilities, if you have access to another PA try that because if it sounds good out of your monitor then there is nothing wrong. What is your main output set on with the KPA? Try to keep it down and send a moderate signal to the board. Then make sure the sound man keeps the gain down and use the slider, if you need more volume then turn the gain up slightly until satisfied. Also check the XLR cable you are using make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

Live I either use my FRFR or main XLR out and use the house monitor mix to hear my guitar. Most of us do use the XLR out and either a FRFR or IEM's and others use a cabinet. Good luck and keep us posted. It's always nice to read the solutions in case we come across issues.

Musicguy you will love it. I have had mine since the beginning of April, it has cost me loss of sleep and obsession with how great it sounds. To have so many amps and effects at your disposal I still find it hard to walk away from it.

Thanks Ingolf and Paults for the comparisons. I did play both and you guys were spot on with the recommendations. The DXR more pronounced midrange and the ZLX I noticed was more pronounced on the low end. I ended up getting the ZLX, for me they were comparable and could not see $200 worth of difference. I think the DXR is overpriced because they are so close. I brought it home and hooked it up, adjusted the DSP setting and rolled off some bass around -1.5, it sounded just as it did through my PA. Had rehearsal last night and it cut through great, to the point where I found I have to adjust some levels between rigs. I am very pleased with the sound and think I'm going to use it live instead of getting my mix through the house monitors.

Currently I use my KPA through the PA and have a monitor mix for live use and run it through the PA at rehearsal. One little annoying issue is that we use a small cheap PA for rehearsal and there is defiantly a sound difference. At home I have a really nice PA setup that brings out the great sound of the KPA and tweak it through that. I am thinking of purchasing either the DXR10 or the ZLX12p for rehearsal and maybe live to instead of getting my mix through the house monitors. Reading these forums I hear great things about both and wondering if the DXR10 is really worth the extra $200. How close are they in bringing out the natural sound of the KPA without constant tweaking? Interested in hearing opinions from people who have both or have used both and which do you prefer and why. Also do you prefer to run your KPA through the house monitor or rather use a dedicated FRFR onstage?

I love the sound of the KPA and have had many compliments on how something so small can sound so big, I've just learned not to worry much about it through the rehearsal PA because I know its sounds fine otherwise.

I use the FCB1010 and the Uno for Kemper chip. Makes the KPA plug and play and the only decision you need to make is if you prefer the stops on the top or bottom row. I have no issues with delay is switching able to all that its suppose to. I use about 8 rigs and anywhere from 3 to 5 slots depending on the sound I need. Not to mention that this solution is the most bang for the buck. Some of the other pedals are pretty expensive.

I just received my Uno for Kemper eprom yesterday and installed it then tested, it was effortless and plug and play. Banks and slots changed instantly and there were no issues. Reading on the fourms it seems some were having a delay when changing slots or performances. I didn't experience any of that. Anyone having the issue it could possibly be the FCB, midi cables or maybe the eprom needs reseated.

Solved!!

After many attempts I found I was in the wrong area. If you want to rename just the Slot then you need to select the slot you want to rename and edit the TAG. Select RIG>Show Tag>Edit. Edit the name and hit Store 3 times. The manual could be more detailed but I'm sure there are many other things to that could be explained better.

Happy Rockin!!

Obviously I am missing a step trying to do I would think a very easy task. In Performance Mode I have copied a rig to slots 4 and 5. I have programmed the rig in slot 4 with no effects and saved it but the Slot Name is Rigname Solo, which I simply want to change to Rigname Dry. I hit Arrange Slots>Rename Rig and rename it but it will not save to what I set it at. I have tried to hit the save button but it always reverts back to Rigname Solo. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong?

I have had my KPA just about over a month and am amazed with the sound. I like reading this forum, it has helped my with many other programming and foot controller issues.

Thank You!