Posts by Awesome_Elvis

So, a friend and I were doing some profiles today and I noticed something strange.

After the profiling was done and the a/b comparison began, the reference amp had a certain sound that was awesome that was very different from the profile. Until I started refining, then the original sound of the reference amp changed and the profile was then more like the reference amp.

Process:
    Start profile
    Profile is finished
    Reference amp has a certain sound that I want to capture and the profile is off
    Start refining once
    Check the reference amp to profile
    Sound of the reference amp has now changed
    More refining takes place
    Profile now sounds more like the reference amp sound that doesn't sound the same as the original reference amp comparison before the refining began but after the profiling.

Anyone else? Is there a thingy I'm missing? :huh:

I tried an amp tweaker at a music store and that thing had tonnes of gain. If you're running into a clean amp, it was awesome, but I'm more keen on something like a boost/tone pedal. Don't want to add grit toy rigs through additional distortion.

I wonder how it would fair on a low setting of gain as like a boost/tone shaper. I'm sure it would work well on a clean profile with loads of gain, for sure.

Someday I hope to figure that low crunch with a mid gain pedal boost sound all dialed in.

I had a mxr evh 5150, I liked the built in gate. Plenty of gain to use with various profiles at different settings.

The Horizon Devices Precision Drive seems like it's a good investment too. It's on my , to get list.

I also rocked a EHX soul food in the beginning, usually on 10.

I'd like to hear someone's experience with any of the amp tweaker pedals, if there are any users that tried them with the kemper.

I bet that J Rockett Archer Eq pedal is the jamm tho.

Overdue, as far as the typical range of release date periods. Maybe they got stuck on something. Or maybe it's gonna be the motherload!

I've been using my h9 in a stereo loop and in the distortion loop. Now that eventide has an android control app it's super convenient. After many auditions, I think I might be over the reverb thing. Of course, I'd bet I'll probably loose my shit if/when they do update it.

I think I finally figured out my klon sound using the mouse too.

I never thought I'd say this but, if they dont update the reverbs and od/dist stomps , I'm cool with it.

I hope they do though :thumbup:

Yes especially the possibility to profile a cab alone. But yes to all of it.

And my dream. The ability to profile a dist/od pedal and put it in one of the stomp slots.

Yes to both!

On the dist od pedal profile I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to do this but maybe the end result would be like an amp profile where, you dial in the sound, profile it, then have an array of all encompassing parameters to cover any extra this or that. Either full para eq or just mix vol and tone

This might be something that would end up being a Kemper 2 thing but...

And I know the idea is to profile the whole chain at once but...

Would it be cool if we could profile the preamp and have the profiler "hold" on to that, then...
    Profile the power amp, "hold"that, then profile cab and mic and mic pre's etc.

With extra parameters for all profiled "segments" to be "merged" at the end
    Giving every part of the chain it's own part to be able to switch them out individually :thumbup:

I just googled them and found this...pretty cool, what happened to them I wonder? Imagine if they had a Kemper LoL =O

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

aww who knows, math rock bands seem like they come and go. Check out 100 Onces and Sketch Orchestra, they are the homies. ;)

I like Mastodon and Between the Buried and Me. Effects, riffs, prog metal retired into prog rock opera lol

There's a math rock band called Planets , just a bassist and drummer but man the effects and non effects used are really cool.

Devin Townsend is probably my favorite besides from Intronaut right now. Ahhh, toooooooaaaaaaan!

I got to thinking the other day, maybe it's a context that's lost in translation from an engineering standpoint of functionality in application. In other words, maybe what is being overlooked could be that the profiling algorithm ITSELF in its essence is perfect, but the thing that could be improved upon is additional parameters to tweak the final result of profile. Leave the profiling alone, just finding more ways to further shape the end result within the amp, eq, and cab portions.

The recipe for the cake is perfect and baked but there are different ways to cut it with different shapes depending on what you have to cut it with, yeah? Or add toppings, plate to serve it on and some scenery to look at.

Things like better separation of cabs on merged profiles or, a way to make the amp profiles sound more Open Airy. Who wants beer with their cake? (Me, I do)

Hopefully someone will chime in to help illustrate this. It needs more antlers. It's already a deer but needs more antlers.
    Toodles. :thumbup:

there's a makeshift way to do this BUT! Just like there's the "SORT BY" option for rigs in browse mode, it seems like it wouldnt be too hard to do the same for effects? I don't know code so... I'll just go play guitar now, byeeee! :whistling:

Maybe something like this but, you know, kemper, and like the remote err somthin.

Fingers crossed for powered stereo out. I could run two passive wedges and run my synth in stereo through the same speakers via the alternative input or "potential other". As long as they update THE REVERBS ( :P ) I'll have no need for an effects loop. Toes crossed too, trying to keep my eyes from doing the same 8|

DI for FOH and you could do the stereo guitar cab thing too if that's your jam.

Could this perhaps be attained using the pick parameter and compression in the amp block? This would be an interesting effect, something like "smooth strings". Would dovetail well with the request for a sitar effect.

I bet you doing that AND another compressor in front. Top it off with a couple of studio EQ 's. Nailed it lol