Posts by mody

short clip using a z wreck profile..

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@lonestargtr
    Hi, I'm a fan of your work, thank you all the profiles, I've been using pack 1,2, vintage and modern. They've kept me busy for years ) I been looking for a good Z Wreck profile, any chance you're going to do one soon? I'd be over the moon if you could do it with it's matching cab in some of it's well known signature settings, the good folks over at Ztalk would definitely have a definitive list as it's a versatile beast. Really looking for some nice BP like tones. Hope you get your hands one one soon )

Hi,

I'm using a mac book pro with OSX 10.11.5 Ep Capitan.

The download fails at 16.8MB with the message saying 'the network connection was lost'.

I've tried to download the Rig Manager in firefox as well as safari, both have the exact same error.

I've been trying for a few days.

Anybody else have this issue?

Would be great if this can be resolved.

Thanks )

Michael, you the man! You effing wizard, the vintage pack covers all the tones I've been missing on the kemper, couldn't stop playing the 67 Luxe Verb... it just kept happening man, never got so SRV on my Grosh VT :)

I never heard of the Dunc Convert, it's so jangly on the lower strings, this pack hit a home run bro, my quest for country tones is just going to be gluttony here onwards. Can't imagine what you'd do with a Dr.Z Wreck or the StangRay!

My lentz croyden never sounded so good, the modern pack for the most part found that perfect balance between blanket and fizzy, which is a battle I won't be fighting thanks to this pack.

Overall I'm more than satisfied. Thank you Sir!

About to pull the trigger on packs 3 & 4. I skipped the Dumble packs as I was still hung up on the AC20 profile for most things. Time to revisit the MB profiles, I really really like, what I'm hearing in the vintage pack on your page. Been chasing some tones you seemed to have nailed in the first clip itself!

<p>I enjoyed that.</p>

<p><span style="line-height:1.28">This profile is legendary. There still haven't found a single profile free or not that's as versatile and enjoyable. I've been forcing myself to try to use the stuff I've paid for and learning a bit about the kempers deep editing tools on the way, with the AC20 I didn't ever need to tweak anything, just turn up the gain if at all!</span></p>

Hey folks,
    Short clip of the first solo, working on the second and the rest of the track.
    Using the guitar in the pic and a modded profile from TAF.
    Thanks for listening :/

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Digging around z-talk here's what I found:

Cut: 9ish
    Bass: 1ish
    Treble: 11ish
    Volume: 11ish
    Read more: http://ztalk.proboards.com/thr…ck-settings#ixzz3ZoI7wb00

Also he's known to use the "speed" setting instead of "comfort", I think it's a sag thing, more vol and headroom on the speed setting.

Reading the settings above I did feel the full tones on Andy's pack were a bit boomy, I had to turn the Clarity up to 5.6 and Definition around 2.5ish to get any use out of them.

Andy, if you're reading these posts I hope you don't mind us OCDing over this, worth a shot I hope when you get your mitts on the amp again I hope :)

Thanks,
    Sid

I think the amp needs to be profiled at some specific settings, Z amps aren't your usual clean, crunch, full type amps, they're complex and do different things at different settings. The controls are very sensitive and reactive to each other, the wreck is the one amp I'd buy the next chance I get, I suppose this one's going to need some research and special care profiling to get closer to BP's tonnage. Checking the Z-talk Wreck section could reveal what settings we're after.

Andy's profiles are very good but we could get more specific. I hope Andy' will be open to a few settings if we can come up with them.

Cheers.

That's a cool story! Man I love Z amps, I still have my ghia, it's not going anywhere, old z-talk member here. The Z's are very sensitive in different directions, the simplicity is very deceiving.

Thanks I'll def play with the ducking and the reverb, your's is the first profile i tweaked, I actually have no idea how he gets all those crazy sounds. Since I'm just learning the track my attacks severe on that clip, some cats may have injured themselves on those last bends

Hey Andy, where do I sign up, I'm just working the track out, short play along, clams included, on a grosh electrajet vt, strings are a bit dull.

External Content soundcloud.com

Thanks for the profiles, would love it if you could record some details on the amp settings, even if it's the readme file, and cover all those settings like in the official Dr.Z demo vids, at all those sounds, a man can only dream :rolleyes::)

Cheers!

Hey Andy, thanks for confirming that. I spent most of the day playing with the pack today.

Got a great tone out of one of the crunch pofiles, covers a near exact tone for the first solo in BP's Depatrure.

Its been a bit harder to dail in the second solo tones, been tweaking the 'amp' settings for what really is the first time ever, I'm just getting over the legendary AC20 profile from mpachio with your profiles, the mbritt suff was great but I dint really use them.

cheerio
    sid

Andy the sample z wreck profiles are really good, I've tweaked the breakup version to my liking and man I've got a grin ear to ear, it's almost enough to stop and just play!

I just wanted to ask if the current Wreck'n'roll pack has the 3.0 DI profiles updated or will that be forthcoming, also if I buy the pack today, will the 3.0 update be an up-charge?

Either way thanks for profiling my fav amp ever, I think I'm going to bite the bullet right away in any case!

Thanks,
    Sid

Hi,

I'm using my kemper to monitor and record, I'd like to isolate the guitar signal going out of the SPDIF into my audio interface to not include the incoming AUX signal.

Right now, I'm forced to use the Headphone out to monitor with the latest 3.x.x release firmware.

Would be great to have an option that allows AUX->MAIN but exclude the SPDIF from receiving this AUX signal.

thanks!

I occasional use an HD800 with a Lehmann BCL, the kemper has a surprisingly good quality headphone amp built in btw.

About loudness it can be a subjective thing if you don't have a meter. I'd say if your used to listening to music on them, find a comparable setting and go with that.

One thing to keep note of is the kempers space setting is very useful for extended use without modifying your original profile, there's a global setting that routes only to the HP out but you can also add it in as a post effect.

If you need more information I strongly suggest you read up at the head-fi forum for safe hearing practices.