Posts by ST

Hi, skoczy,

Please tell us about your working solution.

Thanks,

ST

Hi Jevo,

I'm not familiar with your pedal, but it looks like you can

• Connect your guitar directly to the Kemper Guitar input
      • Not the pedal
    • Connect the pedal (Aux output) with a Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable to the Kemper Switch/Pedal Jack
    • Let the Kemper settings control both Wah and Volume functions

It's not a big deal either way except it will take one less cable (if it works).

ST

Hi, ronsws6.

Wow this is all great info. Thanks again.

ST - I have the original L1 with the horse shoe shaped base. I never thought about plugging the Kemper into it. This is the perfect way to dial in my sounds and I can A/B it against the PE60 to dial that in as well. Great Idea! I have pretty much only used it for acoustic solo/duo gigs. Do you run the kemper through the T1 or direct in? I'll try both.

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

You have an L1 Classic/Model I. You can run the Kemper into any channel (1, 2, 3, or 4) on the power stand.

OR

Connect the Kemper to T1 channel 4/5 and leave channels 1, 2, 3 open for microphones or acoustic guitars.

T1 into the Kemper?

Most of the time, I have the T1 set up on the microphone stand in front of me. I run the microphone and Kemper into the T1 and control everything with the controls at my fingertips.

With the new L1 Pro models, you get a three-channel mixer built-into the power stand. The mixer has phantom power, ToneMatch Presets, EQ and Reverb. You can control it with an app. I can clip a tablet to the microphone stand and run the app. If it's just me and the Kemper, I don't need the T1. But for acoustic guitars and a duo, I'd probably use the T1 anyway.

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

... there is so much kemper support I personally feel that Kemper is right for me.

V8 - Great perspective. I will absorb all of this before making my decision. I am gonna try to wait until March to make my final decision. (Work Bonus).

Product and community support is HUGE for me. This community is amazing for that.

Waiting 'til March. Here are some resources to keep you busy in the meantime.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

Cheers,

ST

Hi, GeetarMikey.

Please avoid the BFI (Brute Force and Ignorance) approach.

Have you tried lowering the Noise Gate? Use the Noise Gate knob on the Profiler or press the Input button and experiment with the Noise Gate to see if you can get things to behave better for you.

For more information please download the Kemper Manual.

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

If adjusting the Noise Gate doesn't help and turning the Master up and down or (heavens no) banging the top of the unit does, contact

Kemper Support

Hi Jevo.

On the Dunlop pedal

"Set TUNER/EXP switch to the EXP position"

See: DVP4 manual

On the Kemper Profiler

" ... connect your expression pedal to the PEDAL 1 input, and assign the Wah Pedal function in System Settings on the page “Pedal 1”. Then, press the soft button “Calibrate” and sweep the pedal all the way from heel through to toe position. The bar below “Calibrate” should reflect that move. "

Source: Kemper Manual - "Expression Pedals and Foot Switches".

Optional

Next, navigate to the “Pedal Links” page and activate “WahPedal >Volume” and “WahPedal >Pitch”. Now, the Wah Pedal will also control volume, as well as pedal pitch effects.
    Please see the Kemper Manual for more details about Wah and Pitch.

Please download the Kemper Manual and review the section on Expression Pedals and Foot Switches and Wah, and Pitch.

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

That should get you going.

Hi, KellyMidiMurphy,

ST

Are you using the Bose gear for a solo gig or for your KPA stage monitors in a full band?

Both.

For the full band situation, I run several L1 systems behind the band serving as backline, monitors and FOH (Front of House). For larger venues, I use the L1 systems on stage and run lines out to the house system.

For hybrid situations where I'm the only one in the band with an L1, I set it up behind me and use it as backline and personal monitor. If necessary, I can run a line out to the house system.

Hi, Ron.

I'm glad that was helpful.

Since you already have Bose L1 gear (which model do you have?) - let me get into some detail about that for you.

The 4-channel mixer is called the T1 (unless you've got the newer stereo version, the T4S). I've been running my guitars (electric and acoustic) through Bose L1 gear since 2003. Until this summer, I ran my Kemper Profiler (Toaster with Remote) through the Bose T1 plus L1 Model II. It always sounded great. Since I sing too, I ran everything; guitars and vocals through the L1 set it up behind me (yay, no monitors). If you'd consider doing that - I can tell you, you get a great FRFR (Full Range, Flat Response) experience. But you won't get the amp-in-the-room vibe you'll get with the PE-60.

When I started doing the outdoor lockdown gigs, I had to go super-portable. I got the Stage and took my Bose T1 and L1 Compact. I've since replaced the L1 Compact with the L1 Pro 8 (the smallest of the new models - 35 pounds). For regular gigs, I'm replacing my L1 Model II with the L1 Pro 32. I'm anxiously awaiting the UPS guy - any day now.

I'm ecstatically happy with the sound of the Kemper Profilers (either one) through the Bose gear.

Amp-in-the-Room?

Last year, I set up a couple of EV M-12G cabinets with EVM 12L Series II drivers and a stereo power amp. I was curious about the whole amp-in-the-room sound that I had not heard in 17 years. This is a lot of fun, and it sounds great.

Having said all that, I'd never drag all that stuff to a gig (85 pounds). Aside from the stereo aspect, this is similar to what you'd experience with the PE 60. Considering the Tech 21 PE60 weighs 43 pounds, I know I'd leave that behind and carry the L1 instead.

When you get your Kemper (whichever one), run the Main Outputs through your Bose gear. Definitely do that before spending money to add the Kone to the PE 60.

Cheers!

ST

Hi, Ron.

I thought about the Stage vs Rack + Remote before I wrote to you above.

Context

I have a Stage and an unpowered Profiler (toaster) with the Remote. I got the Profiler and Remote first. I got the Stage last year to do smaller, outdoor shows during the lockdown. For most of those shows, I have to get my gear from the car to the makeshift stage by hand. In many places, it's not possible to use a wheeled cart to ferry-in the gear. Weight and number of pieces is a significant consideration.

A minor difference - I run everything through my powered PA (Bose L1 Pro) so, I manage vocals, mix, live EQ, and volume wirelessly on the Bose system.

You've already had an all-in-one floor unit, and you didn't mention any issues with that form factor. I thought the Stage would be okay. Here are the things I considered based on what you told us.

Cables:

• Stage - 3 cables - With the simple setup you described, I wasn't concerned about two (more) cables at your feet.
      • Power
      • Guitar in
      • Monitor line out to the PE 60
    • Rack + Remote - 4 cables - Although, there's only one cable from the Remote at your feet.
      • Power
      • Guitar in
      • Monitor line out to PE 60
      • Remote to Rack

Workflow Live (bending over on a live stage)

• Stage - I get that all set up before I get to the gig. I might adjust the Master Volume. That's about it.
    • Rack + Remote - same as the Stage except the Master Volume is on the Rack, not the Remote.
    • The Remote is essential and a joy for live performance with the Rack.
    • You can add expression pedals to either system to control things like volume, wah, morphing.

Workflow before the gig - some done on the computer with Rig Manager

• Stage - I put the Stage on a desk to do all the knob twisting and button-pushing.
    • Rack + Remote - Set on a stand at eye level

Other considerations

Stage

• The Display on the Stage is easier to read on the floor than the Remote.
    • All-in-one has one less cable connection to make (no need to connect Remote to Rack)
    • More convenient setup at the gig because I don't have to find a place to put the Rack
    • It's lighter and easier to move around than the Rack + Remote.
    • More inputs and outputs (two stereo effects loops), stereo outputs for monitors and Main outputs. (I discounted these because of the typed of gigs you mentioned and the desire to scale down).
    • You can't group the Stomps and Effects blocks (you can do this on the Rack), but you can still get things done. It just takes more steps.
    • Less expensive than the Rack + Remote

Rack + Remote

• The Remote is less expensive to replace than the Stage if there are accidents on the stage floor.
    • The Rack in a proper Rack case has a little heft to it, but it is secure in transit - especially if you let others move your gear (I discounted this because of the venues where you said you'd be playing).
    • You can group the Stomps and Effects blocks, so it's easier to do some things with the Rack than the Stage.
    • More expensive than the Stage

That's why I suggested the Stage for you. But I had to make some assumptions about your priorities to get there.

Cheers,

ST

Hi, Ron.

Welcome.

"What I am about to say may cause controversy, but I'm a grown man and can handle the flames."

We've all got a past. No need for an asbestos suit for you.

I agree with Ingolf. The PE 60 with a Kone with a Kemper Stage sounds like a great rig for what you'll be doing.

Here are some valuable resources for you.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

I'm glad you joined us.

ST

Yes

Connections

Connect Kemper Monitor Output to Amp Input A

Connect Kemper Direct Output to Amp Input B

13628-dominique-2-jpg

On the Kemper Profiler

Press OUTPUT button

On page [1/8]

13630-dominique-4-jpg