Posts by ST

Hi, old crow.

Bluetooth has too much latency (best case ~ 40 milliseconds for with aptX low-latency Bluetooth), for most live music applications.

If you use Bluetooth between something you do (play a note), and when you hear it you'll probably find the latency intolerable.

Check out these articles.

Effects of Latency on Live Sound Performances (AES White Paper)

Latency and Its Effect on Performers

Bluetooth 5.0 And Others: Demystifying Aptx Hd, Low Latency Standards And Midi Technology

ST

Hi, angeljohng,

Thanks for sharing your music. I'm glad I stopped in to listen.

I can't wait for 2020 to move into the past-tense, but this was a nice diversion.

?

ST

Thank you, So does this work for searching for FX presets too?

If you are referring to your original question.

How do you search for Bass rigs on rig exchange? I entered the search term "bass' and hardly anything comes up. I just don't get search engines.. Same with Reverb presets, I can't figure out how to filter and search for those.

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

I'm sure it would have taken less time to try this in Rig Manager than it took to type the question.

You can sort by Category (click on the column-heading "Category")

or

Search for "reverb" in the Category (illustrated below).

So doesn't matter how good I get a guitar tone in my house with an FRFR speaker when I go to a gig it will sound different through the PA?

This depends on the acoustics in the venue and how the PA is set up, and if there's a Front of House sound person.

For small to medium venues, I bring my sound system - the same one I use for creating my sound in rehearsal.

Lets say you dial up your tube amp to a particular tone of a recorded intro of just a guitar track. Lets use Limelight by Rush as an example, again trying to get your amp as close as possible, but some room for refining. You go ahead and capture your "close" tone to the Kemper, but now for the "Refine Profile" option you point your mic to a looped intro of Limelight playing from studio monitors. ok...beat me up now, crazy idea? lol

What microphone? - Refining the Profile is done by connecting a guitar to the guitar input.

Even if you connect a microphone to the guitar input, I don't see how this can accomplish what the Refine the Profile process requires.

If you try it, please share the resulting Profile.

Thanks,

ST

Hi, nyandres,

Thanks for the clip.

There's a bite in the upper mid-range that's a little too edgy (for what you're playing) for me. I can't nail that down to a frequency range. It's more of an impression than something specific. I have a feeling that might be solved with a different mic placement or a different mic.

Out of curiosity, what mic, and what guitar are you using?

Hi, paults,

Oh, okay. I missed "audition" because I was thought Gary_W was looking for an easy way to Store the Cab settings in several Profiles.

" apply your favourite fx chain to multiple profiles at once in rig manager then batch save."

But looking back, I see he also said,

"It would be awesome to be able to apply the imprint as a batch...,, For instance, some of the tweed amps were profiles with a Jenson P10. If I want to audition these using Kone and the speaker that TJ used, I must select each profile, change the Kone imprint and save."

Cheers,

ST

Hi, ckemper,

When your amp is already distorting, then you hear a change in distortion, not in volume boost.

Thanks for your reply.

Beta8KDrive - 2020-12-27 18-04-23.zip

I'm sorry, I don't understand what is supposed to be happening and if it's happening for me.

I have attached a Performance with three slots. All use the AC30 Clean - SM57 Profile from the Kemper Factory Content 8.0 Rig pack. I have the Kemper Drive in FX Slot A with the same values except volume based on the Preset BBreaker Max

- Drive 8.2

- Tone 5.0

- Definition 6.0

- Slim Down 0.0

- Mix 100%

- Volume (see below)

I have calibrated Input | Clean Sens so the AC30 Clean - SM57 Profile and AC Normal Drive Profiles are the same volume.

Settings and results

Slot 1

Kemper Drive Volume -5.0 (testing the premise about volume below 0)

When I turn on the OverDrive, the volume drops significantly compared to the clean tone. I can't imagine an application for this. The volume is also lower than when use Slot 2 (below). I guess the OverDrive Volume setting is overriding the volume compensation. However, I thought the change in the Beta was to turn up the volume when using the OverDrive.

Slot 2

Kemper Drive Volume 0.0 (baseline)

When I turn on the OverDrive things sound great, as expected.

Slot 3

Kemper Drive Volume 5.0

When I keep the OverDrive on for both Slots 2 and 3 and switch between them, the volume is definitely lower for slot three.

If I'm missing something, please suggest some settings or better yet a Performance I can use for testing.

Thanks,

ST

Hi JuLai,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried setting the Kemper Drive distortion below zero - and yes, that does reduce the overall signal level. However, I can't imagine a situation where I would do this because when I turn off the distortion, the (clean) volume jumps up.

when browsing between performances with the arrow keys, almost everytime the KPA skips the next and goes to that one after the next... e.g. if I'm in performance no. 10 and press one time the up "Rig" arrow key, the KPA goes to no. 12 instead of 11

Mine does NOT do this.

The Up and Down buttons on the Profiler and the Remote (and Stage) work as expected, incrementing and decrementing Performances one at a time.

I agree with paults. Consider contacting Kemper Support.

Hi, Paults,

When I store a Profile with the Cab set to the Default Kone Imprint ("Use Speaker Imprint Globally Selected:") - it doesn't store the value of the Imprint, just the option to use the Globally Selected one. If I subsequently change the Globally Selected Imprint, the Profile uses the new Global Selection.

Have I misunderstood you?

ST

Hi, Gary_W.

You can speed up the process of applying a Kone Imprint to several Profiles directly on the Profiler (no mouse clicking required).

Overview:

1. In a Profile, set the Cab settings you want (Speaker Imprint)
    2. Store the Profile
    3. Lock the Cab module
    4. Load another Profile (this will use the settings in the Locked Cab module)
    5. Store the Profile

Details:

1. Press the Output button
    2. Make sure you have Kemper Kone selected and Mon Cab Off selected
    3. Go to a Profile
    4. Press and Hold Cab
    5. Press Right - Page button to [Page 2/2]. This page is only visible if you have done step step 2
    6. Select the Imprint you want (not the global imprint) (e.g., Jenson P10) (Turn 3rd knob from the left below the display)
    7. Press Exit
    8. Press and Hold the Lock button
    9. Press the Cab button.
    10. Store the Profile
    11. From this point - until you unlock the Cab module every Profile you load will use the Jenson P10 speaker imprint.
    12. You can now scroll through all the Profiles where you want to use the Jenson P10 speaker imprint. Load and Store the Profile.

How's that?

Hi, Mykels3,

how do you set looper to "post"?

The terminology for this is Looper Location Output

1. Press the Settings button.
    2. For Profilers that use the Remote, navigate to page [12/18] (Remote)
      OR
      For the Kemper Stage navigate to page [4/11] (User Interface 2)
    3. Notice the last soft button (right-most near the top of the display).
    4. Set the Looper Location to Output

On the same page in the settings, you can also set the Looper Volume.

Source:

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Did you find it?

ST

Hi lionelframpton.

Congratulations on getting your Kemper Kab.

The Kemper Kab is all about the speaker-in-the-room experience - that is - your experience as you are playing. It does not provide that experience in a way that is intended to be shared with the audience (unless it's a very small audience), or for recording.

Short answers:

The Kemper Kab uses Speaker Imprints (not IRs).

"Due to its special cone design, the KEMPER Kone speaker is not suitable for close mic‘ing. Use it for personal

monitoring only." - Source - Kemper Manual.

You don't record Speaker Imprints.

For stereo, you need two Kemper Kabs.

To understand all of this please check out the following chapters in the Kemper main manual (link below)

• The Sound of Guitar Cabinets versus Mic'ed Speakers

and

• KEMPER Kone / KEMPER Kabinet

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides