Posts by ST

Hi, JimmyK,

Have you used the Noise Gate?

Hi, Buster3113.

The Problem with this method is as soon as you plug i.e guitar into the front input the kemper shuts off the aux input. No sound from mp3 player.

Auxiliary Input

The Auxiliary Input function allows you to feed a stereo signal, such as an mp3-player, into your PROFILER to play along with it.

In the Output Section, the Auxiliary Input function is equipped with three mix controls: one to feed the

aux signal to the MAIN OUTPUT as well as S/PDIF OUTPUT, and two others to feed it to the MONITOR OUTPUT

and HEADPHONE output. This allows you, for instance, to add an additional monitor signal to your HEADPHONE

output, while the MAIN OUTPUT stays unaffected.

This hint is for all PROFILER variants other than Stage: With the activation of “Monitor Stereo” MONITOR OUTPUT

and DIRECT OUTPUT get paired as one logical stereo monitor output. The Aux In signal will also appear on both

and its mix gets controlled via “Aux In >Monitor”. The auxiliary signal will not be affected by any internal effects.

Output Section 116

You will need to purchase a special cable which provides the stereo signal via two separate TS jacks. Plug the left

jack into the RETURN (RETURN 1 of PROFILER Stage) and the right jack into the ALTERNATIVE INPUT (RETURN

2 of PROFILER Stage). Use the "Aux In >…" soft knobs to adjust the level.

The PROFILER Stage allows you to use Aux In along with one mono or stereo effect loop.

For all other PROFILER variants, the Auxiliary Input cannot be used while you have an Effect Loop active in your

Rig, or while you are in PROFILER Mode, as the physical inputs are needed for a different purpose.

✓To prevent unwanted hum and noise, please remember to turn down the Auxiliary Input Mix when you are not using

it.

Source:

Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides

Search for Auxiliary Input

Hi, Buster3113.

Problem with using aux input for mp3 player is as soon as you plug into the front input, the Kemper shuts off the aux input.

From the Kemper Manual.

Hi, godspeed3003,

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

Changed cable to belden, turn off all of my electronic devices nearby, using different guitar, tried different place, nothing helped

When you say, "tried a different place" did you try a different building?

From an article

Doubling Power vs. Doubling Output

A common misunderstanding when it comes to audio is that doubling power (watts) will make it sound “twice as loud.” Doubling the power (or cutting it in half) actually provides very subtle changes to SPL levels. It will take a significant increase in power to sound "twice as loud". Lets take a deeper look into what increases in power are needed to make changes in SPL.

A 1 dB change in sound pressure level is the smallest difference perceptible by normal human hearing under very controlled conditions, using a pure tone (sine wave) stimulus. A 1 dB change in level is very difficult to hear when listening to dynamic music.

To produce an increase of +1 dB you need to increase power (watts) by a factor of 1.26. So, if you are getting 102 dB SPL from 100 watts and you want 103 dB SPL, you will need 126 watts of power. To produce a decrease of –1 dB you need to divide the reference power by 1.26, so you would reduce power from 100 watts to 79.4 watts.

A change of 3 dB is accepted as the smallest difference in level that is easily heard by most listeners listening to speech or music. It is a slight increase or decrease in volume.

To produce an increase of +3 dB you simply need to double power (watts).

So, if you are getting 102 dB SPL from 100 watts and you want 105 dB SPL, you will need 200 watts of power. To produce a decrease of –3 dB you need half the power, so you would reduce power from 100 watts to 50 watts.

Since this 3 dB plateau results in such a happy ratio, it is a very useful relationship to memorize:

“2 times the power = +3dB...

1/2 the power = –3dB”.

A change of 6 dB is accepted as a significant difference in level for any listener listening to speech or music. It is a quite noticeable increase or decrease in loudness.

To produce an increase of +6 dB you need to increase power (watts) by a factor of four. So, if you are getting 102 dB SPL from 100 watts and you want 108 dB SPL, you will need 400 watts of power (it adds up fast, doesn’t it?). To produce a decrease of –6 dB you need to divide the reference power by 4, so you would reduce power from 100 watts to 25 watts.

This 6dB plateau also results in happy ratios that should be memorized:

“4 times the power = +6dB…

1/4 power = –6dB”.

A change of 10 dB is accepted as the difference in level that is perceived by most listeners as “twice as loud” or “half as loud”.

To produce an increase of +10 dB you need to increase power (watts) by a factor of 10. Yes, to get twice as loud, you need ten times the power!!!

So, if you are getting 100 dB SPL from 100 watts and you want 110 dB

SPL, you will need 1000 watts of power. To produce a decrease of –10 dB you need to divide the reference power by 10, so you would reduce power from 100 watts to 10 watts.

The 10dB Rule should also be memorized:

“10 times the power = +10dB...

1/10 power = –10dB”.

Here is a handy summary table which also lists the change in voltage and speaker excursion for each change in level:

Increases in Power / Voltage / Decibels:

1.26 x power (watts) = 1.12 x voltage/excursion = +1dB

1.59 x power (watts) = 1.26 x voltage/excursion = +2dB

2.00 x power (watts) = 1.41 x voltage/excursion = +3dB

2.52 x power (watts) = 1.59 x voltage/excursion = +4dB

3.18 x power (watts) = 1.78 x voltage/excursion = +5dB

4.00 x power (watts) = 2.00 x voltage/excursion = +6dB

5.04 x power (watts) = 2.24 x voltage/excursion = +7dB

6.35 x power (watts) = 2.52 x voltage/excursion = +8dB

8.00 x power (watts) = 2.83 x voltage/excursion = +9dB

10.0 x power (watts) = 3.16 x voltage/excursion = +10dB

Decreases in Power / Voltage / Decibels:

0.79 x power (watts) = 0.89 x voltage/excursion = –1dB

0.63 x power (watts) = 0.79 x voltage/excursion = –2dB

0.50 x power (watts) = 0.71 x voltage/excursion = –3dB

0.40 x power (watts) = 0.63 x voltage/excursion = –4dB

0.31 x power (watts) = 0.56 x voltage/excursion = –5dB

0.25 x power (watts) = 0.50 x voltage/excursion = –6dB

0.20 x power (watts) = 0.45 x voltage/excursion = –7dB

0.16 x power (watts) = 0.40 x voltage/excursion = –8dB

0.13 x power (watts) = 0.35 x voltage/excursion = –9dB

0.10 x power (watts) = 0.32 x voltage/excursion = –10dB

As mentioned above, a +10dB increase in SPL is considered "twice as loud" and to do so power will need to increase by ten times.

Source: https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc…half%20as%20loud%E2%80%9D.'

Hi, godspeed3003,

Do you hear this noise if you use a guitar with humbucker pickups connected directly to the Stage, using headphones (nothing else in the signal chain)?

Please describe your signal chain in detail from guitar to loudspeakers.

Hi, Algado.

Congratulations on getting your Kemper Profiler.

Here are some other resources for you.

Rig Manager Download and Documentation

Kemper Tutorials & Demos

Cheers,

ST

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

I just hope that if I die my wife doesn't sell it for what she thinks I paid for it.

"I just hope that she doesn't find out what I paid for it. Then there will be no if about it.

Hi, tnipe,

All guitars recorded with Kemper :)

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just found this and I'm listening now and enjoying it immensely.

Thank you for sharing your music.

ST

Hi, alligatorlizard,

You're right - it only does this when rig manager is connected - hadn't noticed this before, as have rig manager connected most of the time!

It's definitely done this since before OS 8 though, so it's not a bug specific to that.

I rolled back my Profiler Head to beta version 8.0.1.21815 and didn't have the problem. That's why I started the new thread. For me, I didn't experience the issue until the new production release 8.0.2.22186.