Posts by ST

Hi Telescotch,

You can duplicate the performance. In the new performance, reverse the morphed settings.

Normal = solo

Morphed = verse

Use the new performance for those songs where you need things reversed.

Thanks for your reply but it’s such an overkill answer that I can’t read all you copied and pasted. Still, I don’t see my answer.

The first part was the short version.

Effects -> EQ -> Acoustic Simulator

I downloaded and installed the 7.5.4 release.

Where is the acoustic simulator?

Effects -> EQ -> Acoustic Simulator

From the Kemper Manual.

Equalizer (Yellow)
    This group of effects offers you a nice selection of high-quality equalizers. They can be placed either before or after
    the stack section, as each configuration has a different impact on the sound.
    The “Mix” parameter is common to all the equalizers and controls the impact of all the EQ bands combined. Graphic
    Equalizer, Studio Equalizer, and Metal Equalizer offer “Low Cut” and “High Cut” in addition to their other controls.

Acoustic Simulator
    The Acoustic Simulator can make your electric guitar sound like an acoustic guitar. Don‘t expect perfect results, as
    the mechanics of an acoustic guitar are quite different. Nevertheless, the Acoustic Simulator will simulate the
    characteristic body resonance and crispness of an acoustic guitar so closely that you might feel able to leave your
    acoustic guitar at home, when you only need it for two or three songs that night.
    As the Acoustic Simulator is best enjoyed as a stereo effect, we recommend placing it in a module after the stack
    section — preferably in the X module. You must also switch off the amplifier and cabinet modules to avoid further
    coloring or distorting your sound. If you are using a KEMPER Kone switching off both amplifier plus cabinet module
    will automatically switch the Kone into full-range mode even if a speaker imprint has been activated globally. We also
    suggest starting with no other active effects when exploring the Acoustic Simulator, and remember you’ll also need
    to use the Input Noise Gate, as this effect will strongly emphasize pick up noise.
    Try the different pickups on your guitar to see which one produces the most appropriate sound. As a rule of thumb,
    humbucker guitars tend to work best with the pickup switch in the middle position, while single-coil guitars usually
    work best in the neck pickup position.
     Pickup
    Use this to adjust the sound to the pickup. Turn more to the left for single coils, more to the right for humbuckers.
    Since all electric guitars sound different, there is no general rule for setting this correctly. Trust your ears!
    Equalizer (Yellow) 166
     Body
    Controls the virtual body-resonance of the acoustic guitar simulation and by that, the amount of bass frequencies.
    When it comes to adjusting low frequency content of any guitar sound, remember to consider your fellow musicians.
    The less bass you produce, the more you will cut through the mix.
     Bronze
    Enhances the metallic sound of the acoustic strings. Higher values will emphasize the presence of the guitar, while
    lower values will soften the sound more towards that of nylon strings.
     Sparkle
    Defines the airy high frequencies of the string strikes. A suitable combination of Bronze and Sparkle will form the
    main character of your acoustic simulation.
    ✓As a natural fact, one value setting for the Acoustic Simulator might only be perfect for one guitar and one pickup
    selection. There is no general recipe.
    ✓If you need to make further tweaks to the sound character, place an additional Graphic/Studio Equalizer in one of the
    pre-stack modules.
    ✓The Acoustic Simulator is designed to make an electric guitar sound like an acoustic. It is not suitable for acoustic
    guitars or any other instruments with piezo pickup, since piezo pickups deliver a sparkling “acoustic sound” already.
    Instead, you should use either the Graphic or Studio Equalizer to tweak the sound character.

Forget my clips.

Here's the zip file of a few favorites. If you'd like the whole pack, contact me

If the link above gives you trouble, try this

Hi Mike,

I downloaded the file above. Thank you!

While these profiles have more gain than I would normally use, I thoroughly enjoyed playing them. The sounds moved me to experiment and have a lot of fun.

I appreciate the effort you put into making these profiles and it sounds like you've got an interesting project to pursue.

I hope some other people will download the file and give you some feedback.

Once again, Thank you.

ST

Hi lightbox,

Thanks for your input. I got the Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station which is much more than I need for the Kemper Stage alone. I wanted to have plenty of power to spare for a PA and mixer.

Not disputing your numbers, but I am curious how you measured - do you have a Kill-A-Watt?

The Jackery has a meter that shows the draw on the battery. It takes 4-5 watts when the AC outlet (inverter) is activated - and the display shows a draw of 17 watts with the Kemper Stage. I have the display brightness and buttons turned all the way up.

This is going to work fine. Running my small PA (Bose L1 Compact, T4S mixer with phantom power on, wireless receiver, Kemper Stage) full out running some tracks for testing - the draw fluctuated between 40 to 70 watts. I should be able to do at least 5 hours with power to spare.

518 watt hours x .85 (inefficiency factor) = 440 watt hours.

440 watt hours / 55 watts = 8 hours

Hi, All.

I just talked to the dealer. They are going to order a new one and when it arrives, they'll just exchange it.

They are a 10-minute drive from here.

So, no big deal.

This is why I still buy from bricks 'n mortar stores whenever possible.

Thanks for your thoughts.

ST

Hi,

My new Stage has debris under the glass in the display. I moves a little bit but I can't get it to move enough to be invisible. But it's annoying.

I bought the unit from a local retailer (Canada). I could return it, but they don't have another one in stock.

Do you think I can open it up and at the debris (vacuum cleaner)? Or should I take it back?

Will this void the warranty?

Thanks,

ST

NEVER MIND

Just tap the button - FAST - it works.

Press it for too long and it doesn't.

I realized the issue when it worked when I wore shoes, and not with socks.

----------------------------------------------------- Original Post below --------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

On both my Stage and Profiler + Remote the Looper 1/2 speed button works intermittently. That is: It's hard to get it to switch full speed to 1/2 speed and back.

Both are running OS 7.4.1.17821

Is this a known problem?

How can I get switching from full to 1/2 speed to work properly.

Thanks,

ST

Thanks BoniDad.

"have a separate discrete, non-related, RM for each KPA"

Yes, that seems to be the better approach. I have tried connecting the two profilers to the same instance of Rig Manager. That's actually pretty harmless as Rig Manager reads the current state of whichever profiler is attached. And anything I want to copy/paste between the profilers - I can store those the Local Libraries.

Thanks for your insights.

ST

Thanks for the Welcomes. I've been here since 2014 with my Profiler Head. I was bubbling over with excitement at getting the Stage the other day.

Having a ball.

Hi, BoniDad.

Thanks for your reply.

But, if you want both Rig Managers to be discrete, then setup different Rig Manager logins for each computer. Use one for Head and the Other for Stage. Done.

I think I'll share files as necessary using OneDrive instead of a shared network drive. OneDrive can handle keeping the files in sync AND it will manage keeping a local copy of the files on the computers transparently (Always Available) . This would be important if I want to use the computers off-site. I retired my Windows Server years ago, so I no longer have a local network store with VPN access.

Are you suggesting I run Rig Manager from a shared folder so there's only one instance? I don't expect that to work.

Since I'm running Rig Manager on different computers, do I need separate logins? Do you mean the Preferences | Owner Name ?

Thanks,

ST