Posts by dmin7th

Maybe the monitor volumes are too loud? I heard for studio monitors like the 305's it's best to keep them at max volume, which is what I do.

I wouldn't do that, especially if it's forcing you to run the Kemper output so incredibly low.
    If I was in an apartment I wouldn't have anything at max volume. I think it would only best to have them at max volume when you're in a place where volume isn't an issue and you're running a signal at a normal level into it. In other words, you aren't getting any benefit by running them at full volume when you're just running the Kemper output at a tiny 0.1 or 0.2.

so im looking for the perfect tone .... still searching for that marshall tone i hear on 80s records !!!!

Having been addicted to all of MBritt's profiles for so long, I had pretty much forgotten about the Michael Wagener Studio Pack that I bought when it became available. I rediscovered them recently, and there are some good ones in there for sure.

My fave is the 69 Metropoulos, but the "MW - Rand L- TS Mrs Scar" that comes with the Michael Wagener Signature Rig Pack (May 2015) will totally get you that 80's George Lynch Mr. Scary tone. I think it comes from the Uber Pak, but it's part of the free downloads from the Kemper site (Support > Downloads > Additional Factory Rigs).

Have you tried the free Lasse Lammert Signature Rig Pack? There are a number of amps in that, but I think there are one or two Marshalls included. I also have a handful of SinMix's free profiles that I believe also included a Marshall. If you're looking for crunchy goodness, I'd try those.

I've heard that for over a year and there's never been any public acknowledgement that it will be in any subsequent release and in fact, the only acknowledgement that's ever been made was in one of the other threads recently where they have said it's not at the top of the priority list.

It was #2 back in July, so it could be worse. Maybe what was #1 is done now, and we just don't know it yet. :)

(High End) Spring Reverb

Thanks for bumping this thread!
    For me, this one has become one of those "diamonds in the rough" of the Rig Exchange. Paired with a Strat and tweaked to taste, I can noodle for hours with this profile.

Wow--what I nice surprise to wake up to this morning. I've only breezed through a bunch of them, but they definitely have more of a "Pack 2" vibe as far the the openness goes. I always felt that Pack 1 was a little on the dark side, but I could always correct for it on my end. The Bletchley, Matcheless and Trainwreck all sound really good to me. So far I like these better -- much appreciated! :)

I'm curious what you did to improve them though. I wouldn't think that you had the time to re-profile them all. Is it all just in the Amp and Cabinet settings or something?

I've bought all three packs the day they were released, and I love them all. :)

I got my Kemper last March or so, and I didn't realize when I bought it how much the profiles would vary in terms of quality or useability. There seems to be a bit of an art to really capturing the essence of an amp, and Michael Britt definitely has a knack for creating profiles that inspire me.

Since this thread was started, I sought out the original Tiny Teeny Feet profile and I've come to love it over the past couple of days.

I removed all of the original effects, added Michael Britt's usual compressor settings and a dash of reverb, bumped the gain up to 5.0 and added a Green Scream with the drive up to 5.0 (the guy who made the YouTube vid above mentions those gain settings in the comments). It sounds great with or without the Green Scream, and I can sit there and get lost just playing for hours. It also sounds great with a 50% mix of slow Rotary in an effects slot.

It doesn't really need that much Green Scream gain, but it works well to dial it down with your volume knob and just use what you need.

Edit: I take that back--now that I'm home I see that I had knocked the Green Scream gain down to 2.0 and saved it there. 5.0 must have been overkill.

That's odd--I didn't notice it being loud at all. If anything, it was lower in volume than a lot of the other rigs that I normally use.

Could something have gotten corrupted during the download maybe? I'm fairly new to the Kemper, so I'm not sure yet what other factors could be involved...