Posts by Syre

Plz understand Serge, that all the sounds you already have won't sound well with a real cab. Cab-Sim-Off is indeed a thing that never worked for many of us. Mr Kemper was aware of that fact and introduced his solution on Namm 2015. With the new firmware there will come 50 profiles that will sound nice with your cab, due to the new profiling method. And only when the Firmware is released, Rig Exchange will start to fill up with profiles that sound good with real cabs. They will be called "direct amp profiles" or "merged profiles". And only then commercial sellers will start selling such profiles. Wait a little, good sound over real guitar cabs is near.

Since i started posting here recently i decided to introduce myself.

I was born in the early seventies in Hamburg, Germany, and have been an amateur guitarist for 25 years now. I love to shred. I grew up with Gary Moore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Chris Oliva, Tony Iommi, Steve Vai, John Norum, Steve Stevens etc. as main influences. My Bible is Peter Fischer's Rock Guitar Secrets. I like Jackson and B.C.Rich guitars and Marshall Amps. I live with son, daughter and wife in lower Saxony, Germany.

I bought the Kemper in late summer 2014 new from Thomann with the intention to get rid of the long time costs and daily hassles of the tube amp business. Direct profiling from the speaker-out was my goal from the beginning, because i wanted to replace my tube rack and keep my Marshall cab. So i picked up a Behringer Ultra-G DI and a Camplifier 360 right away.

I had a hard time researching the right DI box and finding Amps to profile and was really annoyed by the endless advices to use DI profiles (post pre-amp) and monitor out and cab-sim-off and so on with my Camplifier, because that sounds like sh... and before Firmware 2.8 only a few people were aware of the ability to profile frome the speaker out and the need of a direct profile to contain the power amp part in order to sound right with a 4x12 cab and a flat power amp. Among all the profiles on Rig Exchange i found only one from-speaker-out-profile. And among all the discussions about the Kemper i found only one musician on an american forum who made direct amp profiles like i did. So i was close to selling the Kemper because i didnt have good tube amps in reach and Rig Exchange was of no use for me and my own tube rig had given up right before i got the Kemper.

But now there is Firmware 3.0 ahead of us and 2.8 already available. Mr Kemper himself has explained direct amp profiling to the world AND invented good old merging. What a big game changer that is! All of a sudden the knowledge is spreading and soon Rig Exchange will fill up with loads of nice tube amp copies usable for my purposes. I'm so thankful. The dream comes true, a hundred tube heads in a bag PLUS direct to FOH without miking or cab sims. That's what i wanted since i bought my Korg A5 in 1991 :D

So I'm finally a happy Kemper user now. I already have some usable direct amp profiles (Pre 2.8 style, non-merged) and as soon as i get my hands on merged high gain profiles for Marshalls and Engls made with 1960 Vintage cabs, I'll be in heaven.

See you guys on the forum!

Just await Firmware 3.0 plz and sell it afterwards if you are still not satisfied. To prevent regret :)
    Find a nice plug-and-play solution meanwhile. And copy it with the Kemper when you have found it and the Firmware is released. Without your KPA you'll be back in Amp-GAS-land. You'll need loads of cash to survive there ;)

So, if i understood this right, the Merged Profile will send a slightly different sound to FOH than the Full Studio Profile would. That means i can have close to perfect sound out of my 4x12 cab with my Camplifier and From-Speaker-Out-Profiles now (like before) und can at the same time send a signal with my merged profiled 4x12 cab to FOH (the new advantage of 2.8/3.0), but i pay for that with a little loss in sound compared to the Full Studio Profiles i would use if there was no guitar cab. Did i get this right?
    So if i wanted it perfect i would use two kempers on stage now, one for the studio profile to FOH and one for the Speaker-Out-Profile to my Cab until Mr Kemper fixes this in FW 4.0 ?! :)