Posts by Morty

its very strange! seems like quality singlecoils is very sensitive to buzz/noice.. I got very much buzz when i play at home in my DXR. I ts dimable lights in my musicroom. i have made an on and off switch to the ligjts, but that did not help. I play Tom Anderson strat and Tele, and the strat is worst!! I think its a issu with fat sharp clean strat sounds! I think you cant have a complete buzzfree strat with magnetic single coils, but my Kemper is the worst i hav had regarding fiss and buzz!. It realy depends on the venue, but dont feel its a big deal troug our JBL PA. My tubeamp is not realy near the Kemper in buzzing. I can make a comparison!

It's an opinion that some other user here also are sharing.Kemper knows about and gave once the information that an improvement is on the to do list but not with the highest priority.
    Personal I think that one day they come with a great solution. Till then it is better to use a good stomp box if reverb is so important.

I have played with T.C Electronics delay and reverb for 15 years, and Kemper does not reach up right there! I realy miss the dynamic delay and the best digital reverb ever, but My G-Force is still in my rack! On the other hand i like to have as few things in my chain, so I have learned to live with the Kmper reverb and delay! i have sat for hours and tweaked and tweaked to get as close as i can the "thing" that i like! The blend function between reverb and delay is a nice thing!

You should own a Tom Anderson with Switcheroo system! I love it i can turn all picups serial or paralell or off. i also have a switch to only engage full bridge bridge pickup! I can run neckpickup in paralell turn off middlepickup and full HB and make my strat sound like a Les Paul, And two flips later it can sound quacky as nr. 4 position on a standard 5way selector.. at any time i can override my settings to get the full bridge pickup with the blower switch!

Agree with Nikos! almost all profiles i have downloaded are muddy and wooly for my singlecoils, and both clairity and defination can make a dull profile sound good and make saturation more natural. Its an instructional video on youtube who realy show this! dont remember what the name on the video was! think it was a linke here!!?

I have used G30 for some years, Iusualy use 2 guitars and use 2 transmitters. just switch on and off when i switch guitar! it works perfect for me. tha bass player also use G30. The battery cover is very bad quality, i need to assist one of my transmitters with tape..
    I have a-b tested the G30 with a cable.. could not hear any difference!! for stadium rockers its to short range! i use it only for less cables to step on, and also use in ear, so i can be free off cables, and now and then can hear my own sound trough the PA

Its not a tubeamp and it dont have a mastervolume as a tubeamp. But i have come close with a deluxe64 dont remember where i found it! it may be a payed profile.. it work nicely on both strat and Tele! fore sharper strat and tele sound i use a superreverb.. To me it all come back to the trusted old tube amps.. The big benefit with the Kemper is that i dont need to carry around with my big heavy tubeamp!

The problem i often get from most profiles its that, its to gainy and boomy when i raise the gain! stringseparation is muddy and it dont feels transparent. If i turn the amp section clairity up, it sounds to thin. So its kind of difficult to get fat sharp clean breakup sounds, that feels and sounds like a real tubeamp break up!. I have played a Koch Multitone for years, and its 2. channel is like holy grail! I try to get all my breakup sounds to sound like that! but its not easy!

it should not affect if you use loop mono in the mod section or x-slot. I have used my T.C G-Force in the FX-Loop, and had no problem. when its off its off!

I play mainly Tom Anderson electrics. Its realy big difference in soundcharactristics from guitar to guitar. It is huge difference going from my TA strat to my TA Hollow shortscale telecaster! The Kemper react like any oyher amp regarding different guitars setup and pickups!
    It seems like its bigger difference in different pickupsettings on my Kemper than on my favourite tube amp.

For me the consept Kemper is to run it trough FRFR Its the sound trouhg PA who is the big thing. it does not help getting a perfect sound only for you on stage! Its much better to have a flat responce speaker, and you hear almost the same sound out in the PA
    I realy like to get rid of a mic in front of my cab, much easyer in live situations, and i play 95% live so for me this is the best solution.
    If i only sat at home in my musicroom, i would buy a tubeamp and pair it with my CAE 2x12 cab! In my oponion Kemper trough PA/frfr speaker sound 95% like the real thing.. My miced favourit amp sound 100% on stage but only 80% trough PA! it differ a lot on the venues and bass rumbeling is a problem for me who wants fat sharp cleans

My guess would be input levels issue. I don't use the DXR but I know that there should be some best or optimal noise level ratio setup recommended that you might want to consult the DXR manual or contact Yamaha.I would try to set the DXR at noon and the kemper monitor output setting to something more than the -12db defaults.

Guessing... i have tried several volume settings. It doesnt mather.. To get my fat clear biting clean i need to push volumes and I boost all my rigs, if not they sound dull and onedimentional.. I am not looking for thin compressed sounds.. My DXR is normaly only at 1/4. Turning down Kemper and turn up the DXR does not sound good at all!

its a bit anoying that the Kemper is more noisy than a tube amp! But i am a stratplayer and love strat and tele with magnetic pickups, so i guess i have to deal with it! but it was kind of disepointiing that it was so sensetive to noice.. in live situations wich i use it 99% its ok! noone hear it :)

If Kemper had a Mastervolume who hat acted just like a tubeamp it would have bin perfect! but i understand its nearly impossibel to recreate!! I have nearly got the sweetspot on my 64Deluxe profile! Can make a stratsound fat clear and trebbly at the same time! :)