Posts by miraclesleeper

Hey Guys,

We're having a sale through December on all kemper profiles at Big Sun Studios!

Over 50% off all amps!

Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunstudios.co.uk

Merry Christmas!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey guys,

Thought I would post a little carol to get us in the spirit for christmas :) I recorded this last year and although it is acoustic it is still Kemper related. I used an acoustic profile of a Marshall acoustic amp by soundside with my Yamaha ntx1200r. Hope you enjoy :)

Hi Liam /ALL

Looks like some great single coil demos there, did you use a lot of SC's for the profiling? , also are they labeled SC or HB's?),
    sounds great so far.

Ash

Hi Ash,

Thanks mate, yeah I used single coils and humbuckers to make the profiles. I did some amps with humbuckers and some with single coils. At the start I thought I was going to do profiles with both types of pickups for each amp when reading the discussions but I found that it didn't seem to matter in the end. When I captured a great profile both types of pickups sounded great and exactly how they should sound. Maybe it made more of a difference in the earlier firmwares? In the video above Nigel is playing single coils with the Mars 80 SD1 profiles which I actually profiled with a humbucker. Guitarwise I used my Suhr strat, Musicman Luke, Musicman JP6 BFR and Ibanez JPM100 to make the profiles :)

Your pitching whilst bending is so awesomely-accurate it should be criminal, 'sleeper!

Well done mate, and thank you for sharing.

Thanks very much mate :) I wish I could say it was this accurate all the time. You should have heard some of the takes before I landed this one. They were criminal in a different kind of way.lol

Pretty much describes my approach for playing another guitarist's solos. :)
    Oh boy! This is one of my all time favorite Marty's solos. It has all the bells and whistles with unique Friedman™ touch which requires "slightly" more effort to be put into practicing to get there. And you have it all. Yes, you didn't play the solo note by note perfect, but I don't care. I love your version. I can feel your passion for playing it and that's the most important thing for covering a piece! Very well done! Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words mate :) Yeah I've always loved this solo and I doubt it's possible to top the feel of Marty's original because like you said he has a very unique touch that's so hard to emulate, even if I could get every note in place it would still fall short so might aswell do my own thing I reckon. It's easier that way :)

Hey Guys, I thought I'd share my cover of Marty Friedman's awesome Tornado Of Souls solo. I always messed around with this solo and thought someday I would learn it all note for note. Couldn't be bothered in the end.lol..so here is my own take on it :)

Awesome guitarist Nigel Jones playing an instrumental cover of Chesney Hawkes - The One and Only using http://www.bigsunstudios.co.uk Kemper Profiles!

That is indeed very important and the greatest art of finding a tone (and mixing songs as well). What helps: record the tone and listen through as many speakers you can grab, including car audio, headphones and kitchen radio :)

Your profiles ar candiates for excellent traslation over a wide range of speakers. Very well chosen.

Cheers mate :) I absolutely agree, it's good to have a few different sets of speakers when mixing. Both expensive and cheap speakers. I always do a final listen on the car stereo to make sure my mix is ready.

Now take a fairly cheapo PA cabinet what they call FRFR. Chances are there are peaks of 5dB or more. That changes everything. For me that is the main source why so many are still not liking FRFR for guitars.

I think pa speaker quality is always going to make a difference but I think if you can get your sounds just right at the source then they should translate well no matter how good or awful the pa is. Thing is, you never know what sort of sound you're going to get from venue to venue.

Funny you should say that about FRFR speakers. I find that modern powered speakers are usually so efficient now that they can do with a little high end taming. It's like the opposite of the old days were you would try to boost the highs with a graphic eq to get more clarity. I actually preferred the way guitar sounded through my old ridiculously heavy peavey power amp and wedges because the sound was more lo fi which sounded nice on guitar. I suppose the cheap wedges are probably more like an old guitar amp speaker so that would make sense in a way.

miraclesleeper wrote:
    If anyone would like to try my profiles I'm giving away a free 80's Marshall JCM800 with Keeley SD1 profile on my website bigsunstudios.co.uk

I checked your demo sounds for the profiles. They all sound very realistic to me. The TSL is especially great. To me, they are all on the dull side, though. Like rolled off slightly to middish. That makes them vintage sounding. Very round and warm. Maybe just a bit too warm. But really great tones there!

Thanks mate, yes I would say my profiles are definitely on the warm vintage side. I spent ages trying to get that balance right. The first ones I made I took to my gig and thought they were a little too dark so I messed around for weeks with mics and mic positioning and setting my 1073 preamps until I got what I think is the perfect balance between warm and thick but with a nice bite and what I consider the perfect amount of high end :)

@miraclesleeper some very tasty legato lead work there mate.

Thanks mate :)

I can't believe the massive difference in opinions. How is it possible that one person can hear the same profile as too bright and another hear it as too dark? It's pretty crazy how differently we all hear things :) Maybe other gear comes into play such as speakers, mixers, guitars etc. Still I always find what works for me also works no matter what speakers I'm using. If anyone would like to try my profiles I'm giving away a free 80's Marshall JCM800 with Keeley SD1 profile on my website http://www.bigsunstudios.co.uk :)

BigSunStudios. Maragold for clean. JCM 800 for crunch. JCM 800 with Keeley SD1 for lead. Also using a TSL100 profile for a 2nd lead patch. That's what I'm using live at the minute. I bought all of the big commercial profiles and none of them satisfied me live. When I cranked it loud through the pa everything was always too bright and harsh for my taste. Just not enough meat, so I decided to make my own professional profiles. I consider my profiles the remedy for this. Been using them live for the past few months and it's been bliss. They sound amazing through the pa. Everyone else using them feels the same.

Have a listen to this cover of Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud. It's piano and vocals mostly. The guitar solo starts at around 4.31. I used one of my Marshall Bluesbreaker profiles. Really enjoying the Bluesbreaker for the lighter stuff.

Hey Guys,

Have a listen to one of my Marshall Bluesbreaker profiles. This a piano and vocal cover of Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud. The guitar solo starts at around 4.31. Really enjoying the Bluesbreaker for the lighter stuff. My profiles cover everything right through to metal so I'm sure there is something for everyone.

I decided to make my own professional profiles after a good year of using other commercial profiles I had purchased. Nothing was quite to my taste. I found that when I used the Kemper live and loud through the pa that things would get a little too bright for my ears. Not enough meat to the sound. I consider my profiles the remedy for this. I have been using them live for the past few months and it has been pure bliss. Others using my profiles feel the same.