Posts by pratchett

I have a MacBook Pro 17" 2009 Core 2 Duo.
    8Gb Ram, SSD.

Logic X is working great with up to 60 Tracks per Project, and tons of Plugins. Stable as a Rock. My Protools 10 was never so rock solid with so many tracks.

For 500-800 Bugs you would get a great used machine which handle logic like a charm.
    Try it out. If it is not the real thing for you, you could sell it with minimal to none loss again.

If you find Garageband intuitive then you would love Logic.
    I hate Garageband because of the not intuitive workflow :)

Of course you could get Phase issues. It has nothing to do with mixing them together.
    The problem occurs by the time each signal needs to hit the capsule in the mic.
    The ambience mic is always later hit than the close mic.
    You have to move one of the mics to compensate the waveforms to overlap or you could delay one mic with a plugin.
    Imagine a Wave. Both mics schould have the peak of the wave at the same time.
    Multi Micing is a Art you have to learn by trial and error. If it sounds good than it´s good if not try from scratch, move the mics a little bit.
    Subtle movements can make a huge difference.

Got in Mind, with Headphones it would sound if you place your ear right in front of your Speakercab. No Room Reflections, just like the mic is listening to your Amp. This position ist not a great sounding position to listen or referencing.
    Your sound would dramatically change if you go through Speakers. On Friday you would be Happy with your Kemper i´m sure.

At this moment you would see the Sunlight.

Okay you monitoring throug the HP-Amp
    The HP-Amp in the KPA is definetely the better one. The Amp in the Elevenrack isn´t the best compared to others.
    Don´t know the impedence but with my Bayerdynamic 770 Pro the KPA sounds directer, fuller, better.
    If you monitoring later through the Elevenrack an Studio Monitors there shouldn´t be much difference.

How´s your Signal Chain?
    I did a quick AB Test here in my Studio.
    KPA SPDIF to Focusrite Liquid Saffire
    KPA SDIF to Elevenrack SPDIF into Liquid Saffire
    No dramatical Changes in Sound.

In the ElevenRack is your signal going thru the Rig, amps or Fx you don´t bypassed maybe a EQ?

Now I have a focusrite Forte, and cames with 2 VST midnight plugins from Focusrite the ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor.
    But I think and correct me if I´m wrong, that the ultramaximizer do not makes the same that ISA130 compressor does.

I use reaper to recording and run the VSTs[/quote]

Maximizer, Limiter, Compressor are all different Tools.
    Each Tool is for a different approach.
    You have to learn what each Plugin is for and how to use it.
    As Ingolf said Dynamic Manipulation is a Art. I spend many years learning how to use dynamic plugins correctly. If you know what you do it´s powerful. If you don´t know what you´re doing with this kind of plugins you would not get a great sounding mix.

Ingolf gave you a link to therecordingrevolution.com
    this is a powerful site with nice tipps and tricks and many many videos for free. Graham has a nice way to teach you.

What DAW you are using?
    most DAW´s have free Plugins doing the same kind of compression/Maximizing/Limiting.

ProTools you could try Maxim
    Logic Pro Adaptive Limiter
    I´m sure other DAW´s have their own stock plugins doing this job.

Hold in mind these plugins usually used as the last in your signal chain, after you reached a balanced mix.
    If your mix is not sounding right Loudness isn´t helping you.

Oh no.
    You selling your 6100.
    Just found on Ebay-Kleinanzeigen.
    I was looking for how much money the Fullstack is sold and stumbled about your´s.
    Wish you good luck to get a good price.

After seeing for what a Fullstack is priced i think if I should sell mine too ;)
    Is this realistic? Can´t remember what I paid 1998.

@Ingolf
    I have the 6100 Anniversary Stack too with Blue Tolex ;)
    Great Amp except the Lead Channel. Never happy with this Channel.

My Amps Marshall 6100 Anniversary, Engl Rackhead E850, MesaBoogie Triaxis with 2:90 Power Amp and an old Vintage Jennings Top.
    Love my Kemper but would never give up my real Amps. Who knows some day i will sell them but at the moment it´s nice to plug in and enjoy them as well.

From Manual.

• S/PDIF outputs mirror analog outs 1–2

So you should only Set Input to 3 and 4 for SPDIF input and your done. You could now hear your Kemper on these Track.

For reamping set the Output of your DI Track to 1 (left SPDIF)
    Create a new Audio Track with Input 3 and 4 if you want to record a Stereo Signal. Playback the DI Track and you should receive the Master Stereo Signal from your Kemper on the new Audio Track.
    Because you don´t have dedicatetd SPDIF Outputs on seperate Numbers you should mute all other Tracks. Otherwise they would be send to the Kemper too.

I´m not familliar with this specific Interface, but input 1 and 2 schould be your Preamp XLR and TRS, and Input 3 and 4 schould be your SPDIF.
    Try this if you got Signals with 3 and 4. If so you could change the name of the Inputs if you want.

Outputs i´m not shure, since you only have 2. Don´t know how to route outputs to SPDIF
    I´m trying to get more information about your interface.

Your Pictures are as good as mine ;) because I have another Interface.
    Could you make a Screenshot of the Output tab open?

First go in Logic settings under the Tab Audio.
    Is the right input output interface set? (should be Mbox)
    Audio/Midi Settings of your MAC isn´t the point you should looking at. (or I misunderstood you).

Second go to Mac Prefrences in the last row should be Settings for your Peripherals (Mbox) here you should change Clock to External if possible to SPDIF.

If you setup Audio in Logic Prefrences correct you should create a new Track an in the Input Tab of the Track you could change to SPDIF

Hope that helps. If not I can try to make screenshots if I´m back in Studio at evening.