Posts by kukulkahn

HI!
    I think it would be a wonderful idea to implement a new type of control for pedal fx types (aside from Touch mode, Bypass@Heel, Bypass@Toe, etc...) that controls the pedal position by a configurable oscilator (setting a fixed freq, or synced to rig tempo), as if it was a Mod type effect.

In this way we could automate wah modulations for great fx rigs.

Thanks Burkhard,

Yes, I used to have Input Gate locked, as it is now. Don't know... after some restarts and changing rigs and cabs, it seems to be back to normal.
    Is it possible that somehow some parameter config went wrong during the update? Can this be related to the 'no output' issue after updating? Also had that one, but like others, it went away with couple restarts.

Hello, just updated to new OS version 7.2.2 and I have the strong impression that all my rigs are having much more noise than they used to... As is the built-in input noise gate is acting half effectively as it used to, with the same value that I always use.
    Checked settings (Line frequency, Input and Output settings, etc...) and all seems in order.

Anyone else?

Recently got SS frets on a custom build. TBH soundwise doesn't make much difference to me, but they sound a little different obviously. Though if you do bends in the thin strings, it feels like silk, I love it. Recap: to me it's more about good hand feeling than a sound change.

It happens to me every time I power on the KPA. The gain sounds ~ half-way. In my case the volume pedal is the culrpit, I've set it pre-stomps and when it powers up, the value is at the middle or similar, don't know why. Just have to do a full sweep with the pedal and the problem is gone, check yours if you have one!

@Arne Can you give some simple directions on how to obtain the crash log when it happens?
    Happened once the other day but I was in a rush and didn't have time to look around it.
    I later used the RM feedback option, but it just opened google chrome and did nothing else, so no luck this way.
    Thanks!

We still cannot reproduce this problem here. I'd be happy if anyone could send a crash report or/and the DebugLog.txt so support, preferably by using Rig Manager's feedback option.
    Thanks!

Thanks for taking a look!
    Sorry for not opening official ticket yet, been very busy.
    I'll submit it using Rig Manager's feedback as you suggest, hopefully today.

I've found the following with latest version of Rig Manager (maybe with earlier versions too, I don't know): after playing, whenever I shut down the profiler, Rig Manager crashes and stops working. It doesn't annoy me because when I close the Profiler it means I'm done playing, so I'd close Rig Manager anyways.
    Just want to let know support that this crash happens. BTW I'm on Windows 10

Anyone else found this?

I didn't had an avatar, but this shocking events empowered me to choose a primate one :D
    I had a good laugh, when I'm off for a couple weeks and then I return to this forum and see everyone has gone 'primate'! Wanted to know what was going on and, then when I found this thread, felt the need to join to the cause!

EDIT: Srry for new thread, didn't realize the other one was closed and clicked new thread instead of reply

I got SinMix's Cobra pack, and I'm very glad I did. Sounds very good, and also you get a decent variety of rigs (mics/cabs).
    Cannot tell any other experciences with other commercial profiles of Dragon or Cobra as I don't own nor tried them, but SinMix's, they sound killer and at good price.

Just my recomendation :thumbup:
    (I like SinMix's profiles so much that it nearly seems as I was working for him lol... but they sound exactly like what I want to find in metal guitars so... free marketing for a good done job is fully deserved I think :D)

If you get good results you still can spend a lots of $ for all the other very good commercial metal-profiles out there.

As a very high gain user here, I totally agree!
    in RE there's a big collection of free profiles to try out that sound pretty good and will give you way more than decent results, but if you want to take it up to 11, check some profiles by SinMix (I'd suggest) or other good comercial profile makers.

Also, in my experience, there are profiles so good, that will fit perfectly with my guitars without any need of tweaking anything in the kemper (not even stack eq adjust is needed).
    Hope you can get your axe deliver thunderous metal tones :thumbup:

What I don't understand in 2 and 3 is why are youusing a clean profile and put a distortion stomp before it adn then increase the gain. Like this it will always sound as pedal distortion because the distorted character of the amp was not captured in the profile, which was made on clean settings.
    If you want high gain why not just start tweaking from a considerable distorted rig that you like, as in 4 , 5 or 6? That's the way to go.