Posts by macstah2k

Hm. I'm seeing the same SPDIF issue as above with 5.7.6 (updated via Rig Manager, double checked that it was 5.7.6, just to make sure.) Sounds like exactly the same behavior as far as I can tell. Kemper set to put out 44.1, interface is reporting that it's receiving 192. And the major crackling sound.

Massive noise through SPDIF here since installing this update today. My sound card seems totally confused by the sample rate coming out of the Kemper. I have the Kemper set to 44.1, and my soundcard is putting out wild noise, and seems to be reporting a rate of 192k. I've tried all the sample rates, and none will allow the clock to sync, it seems.

EDITED TO ADD:

I restarted my Kemper to reinstall the previous OS, and I must have left it on 88.2 when I had last shut it down. It synched with my sound card, and I could actually get signal via SPDIF. Since I was going to update the OS anyway, I decided to try it at 44.1, and same crazy noise/unstable sync again. Hope this helps.

Longtime lurker, rarely comment, but I have to say that this video series has been AMAZING for me. So inspiring and it really takes away some of the intimidation factor of getting deep into some of the controls.

Don't know if this would be your thing, but I would love to see you tackle how to make some of the fuzzier stomps (fuzz ds, muffin) sound their best...

Yep. These 2 boxes work great together. Same SPDIF connections, so standard coax SPDIF cables in and out work great for me. (Though I mostly go in through the front of the Kemper, and then send the output to the ULN2 via SPDIF. I just found it simpler to set up that way.)

You just have to make sure the ULN2 is set for a sample rate of 44.1khz and then it's just a matter of fiddling with the different input/output volume settings until you get what you need. Also, if you haven't messed with the MIO Console software that controls the ULN2, there's definitely a learning curve there. Or at least there was for me, heh.

Metric Halo uses a plugin they call ConsoleConnect with their interfaces. You drop the ConsoleConnect plugin onto any track in your DAW (any DAW) and it saves the state of the interface when you save the DAW project.

It's definitely not perfect, but it's a nice convenience.