Posts by endoverend

So..

It seems with an OS prior to 3.0 the gain output from the monitor section was lower in volume than OS 8XX

I have been using it in studio for a looooong time.

That said -4 was not clipping the monitor out/powered cab input with an early OS, and now (the common sense) -12 works properly.

Methinks the software may or may not have had a hand in all of this....

SO the answer is -12 for a powered cab for a clean non distorted IE clipped sound.

I see I did not get any wizard and witchcraft responses about -DB theories... all good!

-12 at the gig went well, thanks!

sheesh that -4 was NOT good.

Chicken = Egg

I have to say that is hard to have a conversation about the Kemper with someone who has never seen or played one.

And for the record, I got mine only to look for an amp tone I loved then I was going to buy the real thing.

Too bad I cannot carry an AC30 very far.....I'll stick with the light weight option for now.

Can't wait to connect mine to my Neuralink!

The more I play the Kemper the more I focus on what I am hearing and not what sound it is making.

Think about how you are listening to the mix, it's possible the other instrument volumes are the issue in the end.

PS: suggest a snare that is lower in volume to the drummer, or get them one as a gift.

Happy Jamming!

I am very happy with my gain tones (TAF AC 30 Cranked) (with Strat HSS) what I wish to explore is various FX settings and setups.
    I am an advanced user and would hope to find a way that rig manager could store the FX settings in a different UI page so we can browse them as a separate "idea".
    If I were to guess - I would lock the Amp then try out the "rig" and only be getting the presets of the FX.
    What are your thoughts?
    What metadata would we use to identify that this was an FX setup to be shared as a Rig?
    Go Deep.

THX

It would be a really nice feature to have the ability to gain match an entire performance bank to another one.
    It goes without saying that if you switch guitars and then change the performance the user will most definitely have to change the volume of the profiler at that moment.
    I think programming a script that takes all slots and adjusts the volume in lock step up or down could be done rather easily.
    This could really benefit the FOH when changing banks of Performances in keeping levels under control at the console, remember they get a static feed of a fixed decibel range if your doing it right.

I want to be able to back up my Profiler unit with RM.
    How can I make a backup?

In my opinion Rig Manager should prompt to make a backup upon exit of the app for both the Profiler and the RM into separate files, it should also have a dialog that allows users to keep a number of versions before the oldest one gets deleted, I would like 4 VS of my setup for example. This would be on par with Adobe products like Lightroom and Autobackup every * minutes like Pro Tools.

Side note, when updating RM to 2.0 but not updating the Profiler from 4.0 to 5.1 yet, somehow the strobe tuner stopped displaying correctly on the unit and the remote.
    Profiler was plugged into USB during update of RM.
    This could inadvertently force a user to update the Profiler to remedy the tuner issue. In my opinion, it may be best to get onboard with the latest release software now that we do not have to use a USB stick to install it anymore.

A note to new users of Rig Manager 2.0,

RM will pull down updates to itself when you first install it and require computer restart to complete. It may do an update at first install requiring a double restart that looks like a installation loop bug.
    It looks like the Rig Manager installer is a "base program" and it will get regular updates along the way without requiring a download and reinstall workflow. Although my first install looked like I installed it twice, I appreciated the fact that the software was being carefully monitored to be the latest and most stable version. I am going to assume that I should expect to update my software for the Kemper and the Rig Manager in a fluid manner, like my OS on my computer and get into the thinking pattern of every week I may see an update.

Well,

Regarding how RM pushes the OS updates out:

Inside of RM a dialog box popped up and asked me if I wanted to update my OS already to vs OS 5.1.1.12879 (release) and described the bug fixes, since it is an increment from my current OS I went for it and enjoyed the ability to improve my stability. This is within 24 hours of updating to OS 5.1.1.12825 Release from download on site.

I was accustomed to using a USB drive and manually updating, this is so much nicer than that workflow, ahhhh yea.
    The documentation on how to update the OS is a bit confusing as it describes both methods to the user.
    I had to rethink my workflow (for the better) and envision the Rig Manager software as a more powerful tool, designed to keep the profiler unit up to date, it deserves to be renamed: Kemper Kontrol.

To those who are looking at this and have not updated since vs 4.0...
    It looks like all of the "content" is now residing inside of RM 2.0 (win) and you can choose to put it on the Kemper or not.
    Its nice that it does not automatically bloat the Kemper yet you need the PC connected to browse all the stuff.
    The user must copy it from RM to the Kemper after updating all softwares to current version.
    My previous folders were still intact after the update of RM from 1.5 to 2.0 - good.