Posts by rawberry2

Hi!

I am playing solo, mainly with a looper. I don´t use a bass guitar, I play Doom Metal in E-tuning.

I have a rhythm profile and a lead profile I use.

The rhythm one is focused on lower mids, the lead one vice versa.

What I´d like is a little bit more low end on the rhythm profile. For now I am using a pitch shifter activated in the pre amp section, mixed in by ~50%. It´s good, but still not perfect.

Do you have any hint I could use to get a bit more tighter and present low end? For example putting a pitch shifter in the post amp section?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I am brainstorming for a concept I´d like to realize. I hate playing with many musicians at once, as everyone wants to add his own style. But I am fed up with discussions about bringing some traditional flamenco elements into black metal or stupid stuff like that. From now on there shall be a drummer + myself, and that´s it. So... from now on, there will be no bass any longer and no second guitar.

I really like music like Urfaust´s stuff and want to do similar, but not copy anything.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unlike Urfaust, I want to use a looping station and maybe instruments besides my guitar. Like additional organ, mellotron. All going through one or more Boss RC505 loopers.

I need something special as a profile! I´m planning in using the PERFORM mode and put one rythm profile, one lead profile and one special-fx stuff maybe.

I am using active full spectrum speakers.

For the rythm mode, there should be a profile, which sounds great when played solo and should deliver the full spectrum with bass. Many studio profiles are not suited for this. The problem is, that in recording situations the most usable profiles sound awful when played solo and vice versa.

Do you now any heavy profiles, which sounds great without any bass guitar, or do you have any advice like using a slight amount of pitch shifting to the profile? Maybe there are already profiles made for this type of use?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys!

Im going deeper into some atmospheric black metal stuff at the moment. But im not quite there, where I want to be.

Short story: I need profiles for recording purpose only.

The profiles I use now:

Toneskulpt´s ART DST4 Retro2 - Rhythm

Soundside´s SOLO 02 Vintage - Lead

This is where I am at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfns…9hxdr/BlackMetal.mp3?dl=0

I got the problem, that these sound a little bit too harsh. Too many plec noises here and there...

Here is an example of what I would be looking for...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone have an advice for me what profiles I should try out? Many thanks in advance!

Hi all!

I am using my kemper for recording purpose, and now I am searching for good crunchy profiles.

I got the problem, that almost all profiles are very harsh on the strokes. There are present noises of the plec and so on...

The guitar I am using is a Gibson LPJ, but my Tele has that problem also present. As if its PU is too hot...

Is there any menu or setting, where I can adjust this harshness or sensivity?

For example, listen to this song:

The guitars are very smooth. No noises, just mellow. How can I achieve?...

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I just found my old gem from back in the days- Quake 2- and thought just again, how brilliant the whole OST was and still is.

Now I am looking for a profile going any near to this tone. I will let the music speak.

It seems that this kind of amp is totally invulnerable to small guitar players faults, noises like Plek scratches and things like that.

Any suggestions out there?

Hey guys

I am currently searching for a studio profile, which I can get these saw-like tones out of.

For example:

1.40min:

from the beginning:

Has anyone used tones like these?

Thanks in advance!

Am I right in my guess that the signal can not be run through the amplified section?
    After studying the manual now, it seems that the only way to get it amped is to add an overdrive/ dist pedal in the FX section.
    That´s a pity, cause the amplifying through a profile sounds great in mono.
    But guitar amps never have been stereo, I guess :D

Hi guys,
    maybe you´ll have some advice for me.

I own an UHL x3-2 Organ, which is one of the best Hammond B3 emulations out there.
    It features an alternative Output, just for use with a guitar amp like back in the old days.
    The alternative output is stereo.

As I am using my Kemper for homerecording purpose only and I am going to play the organ in live situations,
    I am looking for using the Kemper for an overdose of psychedelic effects.
    But i want the signal to come in stereo into the kemper, because it is neccessary for the superb Leslie Simulation of the organ.

So- is there any way to get the signal in stereo into the KPA, going through all of the sections, as AMP, CAB and FX?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys.

Since you liked my last song I want to show you a little older piece o´metal I made.

The guitars are from a profile I made from Amplitube3.
    It was funny, because it totally didn´t sound like the original preset- it sounded way better!
    Perfect in my opinion for vintage touched doom metal!
    I don´t think it would sound good used live, but for recording purpose I really love it.

But listen for yourself!

External Content soundcloud.com

Thanks!

As said, try to route the overheads (incl. MonoOverhead) + KickDrum and deactivate all other mics.
    Do this without effects in SuperiorDrummer and do the FX in your DAW on your routed tracks.
    A little EQ, a bit of comp., and a little bit of reverb- then you should get close to your classic sounding drums.

Hello!

I want to show you my latest song.
    It has the 70s style from the krautrock era, and I will finally realize my studio project as a real band now. All building up...

For the gearsluts:
    Drums: SuperiorDrummer
    Guitars: Kemper (left: Gibson LPJ/ right: Squier 70s Tele)
    Bass: Kemper (Fender Preci)
    Organ: UHL X3-2 (Hardware, based on HX3 Board. Highly recommended if you want to get the original B3 sound!)
    Choir: Magnus Choir VSTi
    Mic: T-Bone SCT800 Tube
    Plugins: Izotope Nectar/ Alloy/ Ozone5, U-he Satin and internal Cubase 8.5pro

Since I have no singer, i had to do the job by myself- but that is no option for me when playing live.
    I am not a singer and got no technique, which results in that I am completely wasted after one song.

But enough said!
    Let me know what you think about it :)

External Content soundcloud.com

Hi guys!

I am looking for one special sound.
    Just listen to this record- it is a very saw-like tone, but not too much gain.
    Sad that I have no clue what equipment they are using. I just want to get this sound so bad, I love it.

Does anyone have a special hint for me, which profiles I should try?

Hi!

I know the Kemper has some profiles, in which the guitar is pitched down, to sound like a bass guitar.
    But it has a little problem: When played fast or a little dirty, it can´t make a difference between the played notes and so it interpretes wrong notes.

When using the normal pitchshifter tuned -12 or -24, it is all okay, but it doesn´t sound like a bass guitar or even similar.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

(No. "buy a bass" is not acceptable :D But I think it would be the only option)

Heyho!

I tried to profile a preset of Amplitube today...

The KPA was connected as shown in the manual.
    My interface is an ESI Maya044e, which has 2x Stereo 6.3mm Outputs and 2x Stereo 6.3mm Inputs.
    The "direct out" was connected with the interfaces input, and the interfaces output was connected to the return input of the KPA.
    Since I only have 6.3mm mono cable, I used them. Could this be the mistake, a mono cable in the returns jack? I don´t think so...
    Then I searched a profile what sounded like my Amplitube preset and started profiling

The problem is:
    The profiled Amp doesn´t even sound similar! It has way more gain instead of my crunchy sound in Amplitube.
    Refining the profile didn´t make it much better.

I already switched the interfaces mixer from "guitar" to "line in", but nothing improved.

Anyone had the same problem?