Posts by theplayer

Hi Timo. Thanks for your suggestion but this doesn't work. Try it...

When I had my rhythm profile (Run to you verse) assigned to a midi number, then for many years now I used to dial the Browse knob again which led me to that same rhythm profile again and my following (alfabetical) profile was my solo profile (Run to you solo) No scrolling ws.e....just assigning the next midi number and ready! Hopefully it's clear now what I mean.

Is this operation not functioning anymore, mayby due to new OS versions?

But this all doesn't answer my other question... An example:

- I assign the rhythm profile of Run To You (R-alfabet section) to pedal 1 on my midi board

- Now I want to assign the next solo profile of this song to pedal 2 so I scroll with the Browse knob again to the R section.

But what I get is songs beginning with A. This means a whole lot scrolling to the R again!

Still I have SORTED BY NAME in the song name ticketed...

Is this unconvience also new....? Starting again from A when scrolling?

I have several problems with my powerhead and I don't know if this has something to do with newer versions and a different lay out.

1. I still use a midipedal for accessing my rigs.

If I have a rig under no. 1 called Run to you and I use the browse knob to look for the next rig,. Then everything has become unalfabetical and I see rigs starting with A.

Is this normal?

2. I use to dial with the Type knob*(left next to the left side of the screen to find) quickly the Transpose function.

Now I get three different columns in which scrolling is not possible to find quickly what I need. I tried it with Browser knob, Type knob, left, right, up and down knobs

Nothing seems to work. It hasn't become easier.... Please bring back the old routing....! So far I can't get a simple Transpose... Why making it so difficult?

Nothing.

This is what I do: (from the basics&profiling guide manual)

Expand the downloaded .zip archive and search for the update file called “kaos.bin” inside. Copy the file into the root directory on the pre-formatted USB stick using your Mac or PC. The root directory is the first, or top-most, directory in the hierarchy. Next, unmount the USB stick from your computer and plug it into the PROFILER. Follow the on screen instructions which will appear after a couple of seconds.

But nothing appears, no instructions or anything else.

So this would mean: över the top (?)

And then about decreasing gain, Immediately you loose sustain. I tried it with a TAF Mars Plexi Cranked. So that makes it not understandable how one can get the same seamless overdrive at low volume without a compressor or whatever and also with gradually increased volume. I'm beginning to believe that I have the wrong guitar matching with the kemper for this.

OK guuys

Try one of those cranked Marshalls, but, turn the gain down a bit.

Playing with a lot of gain and volume requires use of the guitar volume knob when not playing, as well as muting the strings between solo lines - this can be done with the left hand, the right hand, or a little bit of both.

In addition to muting, you might also find that adding a compressor helps give you more control, as well as sustain.

Thanks guys! I often hear and see this word cranked. There's no translation of this word in Dutch available. not even on the internet.

What I see is this:

English Dutch

to crank             crank (great translation ^^)

But I will keep on searching and try your suggestions.

Yes, it's me, I know I'm not really a tapping guy and tried several Marshall's with full gain. But what I get is more crackling and squeaking uncontrollable noise which comes with it. I always wonder how clean people can sound with much gain at substantial volumes, without a lot of unwanted noise.

I have no personal experience with IEM's but from what I've read here in the forum there are huge differences regarding quality. Buying cheap often results in buying double. And the system in the link is very cheap.

I can underline this. I had such a cheap IEM. Bad sound, sqeaking noise, sound disappered and other inconveniences. So I bought a better one, not cheap but truly value for money! Crystal clear sound and always dependable. It's a Sennheiser EW 300 G3. Mine is from about 2011 but has never left me in the lurch. https://ibb.co/PxJN6t9

Thank you Burkhard for this, but this is getting over my head....I only use Browse mode, tweak a profile a bit, assign this in System with a number and that is as far as my knowlegde goes. Then it's a matter of pressing the right assigned button om my midi controller and there's my my profile. And I repeat this process for a solo with the next midi assign. Yes I know, very onconventional, but there's not much time to turn everything upside down and go to another method...for coming gigs...and leaving your routine the way it was...