Posts by theplayer

Starting this topic I hoped that someone could show me which settings and ranges you'd need to get that 8 dotted tone. I still don' t feel the need for a metronome or drums, because that 8 dotted tone is more than enough for me to play that intro, like the one in my video.

Despite all you very appreciated replies :) :thumbup: none comes near.

So having such a really exact (Profiler) patch is still my wish and I'm still hoping someone's technical skills can take care for that. Then this long topic has reached his goal.

again, you must play this against a metronome or a drumloop or the off-set 16th notes will shift your tempo to sound like an 8th or 16th note.

Absolutely unnecessary. This delay is a metronome of itself, if its settings are properly constructed!! The real key is: HOW?

For everyone: Look, see and listen here. I now hope that all know what I'm talking about because I don’t want this topic to go out of hand. Pay special attention to what he says at 1:45 !!

8 dotted delay.mp4
    1 file sent via WeTransfer, the simplest way to send your files around the world
    we.tl

theplayer Please post a recording. Play to a metronome that is set to the correct tempo for the delay settings. As others have stated, keeping the tempo to the beat and not falling into the delay is crucial for the desired effect.

Hi Hell-G. Have you seen my # 19 answer and listened to my audio file?

I disagree with this completely. When I played Streets - multiple people commented on how nearly dead-on the sound was.

That's not be being boastful - just the truth.

I can understand that. Everyone likes to hear a good band and goes, in a figurative way, nuts, while listening . But you can count on 2 maybe 3 fingers those in the crowd who really listens and explain what they exactly hear. After hundreds of gigs in many years I know the answer...

I would use the dual delay, set the note value and then use Tap Tempo. This would allow you to use the same setup on different tracks

Hi Kellerblues, thank you for this option, but unfortunately no luck. Both delay settings behave as a normal standard delay setting.

It turns out to be very difficult, if not impossible to create such a delay for a Kemper.

I also have found out that you can get a free (!) patch for this exactly sounding 1/8 dotted delay if you are an owner of the Boss Katana amp. Lucky players...!

Finally, this one is the best sounding 8 dotted note. In the first part (during scratching) you can hear the right delay effect setting and in the second part you can hear it in action with the guitar. And now the million dollar question:

I have put 2 delays in a rig: one in Stomp and the second in the fx section. Both of them I got in the 3/16 (8 dot) note value. I checked both Tempo boxes for this. Delay 1 left is set to 352 ms with a 70% mix and the right delay is set to 523 ms with a 50% mix.

But still it sounds a long way from this:

8 dotted.mp3
    Shared with Jumpshare
    jumpshare.com

I checked again and found that the delay preset I uploaded is from "Maurizio70". Here's another video. The Kemper software was older back then, but still a pretty good result.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Great video Bakersounds! Especially the last part: With or Wirthout you

I'm an experienced guitar player and did about 40 gigs a year. I have been watching and listening carefully to the playing of 8th notes with a dotted 8 noth delay and the key is to not overdo your playing because then it gets very soon a mess of uncontrolled tones, especiallly in soloing. Let the delay do its job and important: stay in tune with the tempo. Each pick on the guitar string can be the start of the beginning of the delay and cause that totally magical sound You don't want to or have to play 20 or 30 notes pro second... if you catch my drift... :)

The first trick/aim now is to get that delay...

Hi Ruefus, I'm still trying to get an eight dotted delay. Tweaking a delay to get that result failes sofar. Purchased profiles with promiss for that kind of delay have misled me. So why want I to have such a delay...?

Well, I've just joined a tribute U2 band with quite a selections of songs. The Edge is known for his all kinds of typical delays for his typical songs. One of those is a (hard to get) eight dotted delay. You don't want to perform with random delays because it must fit in the song and it must sound convincing...

I know how it must sound but making such a delay without specific knowledge is no option for me. And buying neither I noticed...

Wow...You have been exploring these sounds quite extensively! These technical details, diving deep in making a perfect sound, are going beyond my knowledge and skills.

I'll try to copy all settings but I wonder if I succeed.

This week I ordered and paid foor a dozen of U2 profiles. Soon I discovered that they all sound quite the same so this was a waste of money: another learning curve....

Great Don! Thank you! I'm sorry for these unknown details for me, even after all these years. But I never had to deal with this before. Most of the time it is: have a good profile and play. But I see that this is not enough....

OK! This is all new for me!! I managed to get this done and took an empty slot. Now back to My Profiler I see that this delay is placed in the Stomp section and not in the Delay section of Effects. ....

I have a delay preset in Presets, among many others. But how to drag this in the delay slot of a profile?

I have a lot of profiles in My Profiler

and I have a lot Presets in All Presets

I can open only one folder at the same time. And then...where to look for that delay slot in a profile?

How are you winding them? It matters because winding and unwinding a cable should never cause wear or twisting.

In different ways around lower arm and then over right hand and finally wrapping the last piece over all windings. Or making all circles after each other antil you reach the end of the cable.

But in the past it may have gone in another different way. I had this specific cable for many years. It has been moved now in small pieces into a dumpster, making room for a couple of new ones