Posts by theplayer

OK,

you don`t need a second PROFILER to restore your backup.

What Paults was saying is that a backup includes all of the settings in the PROFILER-you can even use it to clone your settings on a different PROFILER.

What I do not understand is why you even want to do that? The rigs and performances will still be inside the PROFILER after the gig ready for the next one unless you change some of them between gigs-in that case you can simply restore the backup that you created including all the settings for that particular gig.

OK. That clear to me. Sorry for my misunderstanding. You and Paults have to excuse me but I have been filling my KPA with rigs during different bands I was in. Surely I can skip still untouched rigs from RM but now I'm at a point that I need backing up because I'm running out of memory (yes..isn't it outrageous...?)

My goal is this. I want to make a kind of external library of all used and song named rigs in my computer l(ike a RM) . So when I want a set of particular songs for a gig, then I want to load just these backupped rigs (with midi assign settings). Of course at home to be done. What is the best way? And do they have to order alfabetically?

Of course you all are so right in your contributions! But many of you are seem to be developed sound engineers and won't have much problems to find that initial tone that makes that particular song (which you also really like to play too) so nice to listen to.

Or do have the skills but don't bother about that...! (such a shame..)

So fortunately we are all different in how we like to sound. But I like the grass which is always greener on the other side . I have good fingers but my guitar tone could be more right for just some solo's in some songs which I do can play but lack the tone. Of course it's hidden somewhere in my KPA, a real queeste. And if I listen to just a guitarplayer without a KPA in just another amateur band who nails that solo tone in a song, in a live gig (not studio), yes then I'm jealous of that. Can't help that. I'm sorry.

Wouldn't some of us all have that feeling listening to our favourites on stage...?

Last try... just this two chords sound just before the solo in It's a kind a of magic (or any amp/rig near to that) only to have just the impression to shine on stage.... (LOL) Any lucky ones...?

https://soundcloud.com/theplayer-3/magic

I use a Roland FC-200 midipedal for my rigs. If I backup all my rigs, used in a gig, (with all amp and fx settings of course) and I want to put them all back in the profiler for another gig, does this include the midi assigns? Or do I have to go through this whole assigning proces again?

Yes to organise sounds with the title of the song or the set list of the show is a great idea

I also work for years now this way. Sometimes with an abbreviation but I always see which song is on the screen. So in contrast to many I don't use a couple of amps or stomps within the profiler but every rig I try to set to the desired sound to the best I know (and true: that is often a struggle...)

Hi Chris and Ingolf.

It's the feeling that, with the right and sweet spot sound you play better and of course then can give people who listen to you, at least give the impression that you play very well and are just as good as the original (though I'm not!). The right sound does a lot I notice because everyone recognizes immediately what you play. And yes, an intro like Sweet Child o' mine needs that particular sound (as for an example) for a cover.

But perhaps I had too much expectations of my Kemper in this matter (or still have). Before really be able to play with this piece of machinery several months passed and then you wonder that it's hard work to find the sound you're looking for, just as with all that previous other stuff like a Fractal axe or a GT-100. And really: everyone is right to claim the opposite but they surely have more musical intellect.

I'm still very pleased with my Kemper, though it lacks that warm heavy sound and feel coming from an all tube Marshall . But a kind of soundlibrary would be convenient to those like me, even for beginners.

ith that in mind, here's a thought that might make your journey easier. For a given song you're trying to dial in, find a profile that's reasonably close in gain, etc. and then record a DI playing the part. Once that's done, you can put the song on loop, point the DI to reamp the Kemper, and then bring up Rig Manager. As the song plays, you can just down arrow on your keyboard to move from profile to profile in order to more easily audition the sounds. I can usually get a sense of a profile in one bar or less.

That's what I do. I open RM (alwasy connected to the internet) and just hit one rig which I think it's the right one. From there it's only scrolling down to the rest of the rigs and listen...

But I don't get the picture of your tip: record a DI playing the part etc. Can you explain more of this?

And I never went to write songs of my own. I always have learned a lot of playing covering songs .

Ingolf, listening better, you're right. So what about this then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17lJpY6MBRE

I would sign for this! (and I have a GT-100 but have moved it to the attic for well known reasons...!)

I have my powered head a long time now but beginning to wonder about the use. Why do people buy a Kemper. Of course for the weight and the fact that there are numerous amps amd fx in this box. And besides this for the for the possibility now to sound as close as you can get to this solo or that sound from that artist. Considering this it doesn't differ from all those previous modeler. The only difference is that modelers try to copy the sound and Kemper has an exact copy of that particular amp.

OK. but now comes the problem. If you play in a coverband then for both machines counts that it's necessary that you know which amp and witch settings you need to choose to nail that specific sound. If you're not a sound engineer then you can spend numerous hours in front of your machine or looking at your RM to find out what you need . How many of us are such a sound engineer? The aim was to play with the Kemper as an all in one box amp that can deliver any sound you want. In reality it often is a desillusion. I envy those who claim every time in no time finding the right profile for copying that specific needed solo sound, apart from the used guitar. They are the lucky ones. I wish there was a kind of rigsound bank to choose from for those who don't have these skills.

This example with a girl who sounds perfectly right makes me feel like like an idiot with a shelf... (OK, now you,... go on a search hunt...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtR8zmF05s

I'm curious to comments on this

Desks typically have both the fader and an input / trim level. Your faders generally won't have any effect on the input signal, the input gain knob will. Turn that all the way counterclockwise, or as "down" as it'll go (zero is very often not "off" on a digital console). Then check the meters. Most likely you'll have no signal. Then you can start turning it up until you're at an acceptable level.

If that doesn't do the trick, let me know what brand / model your mixing desk is and I'll take a look at the signal path. Main output from the Kemper of -12 sounds reasonable so it's probably a matter of getting your input levels set.

Hi Chris, Thanks. I checked all settings, as mentioned before. I'm using a A&H ZED fx 22-channel mixing desk.

When you play hard, Is it louder than your other Rigs? Assuming it is, you can turn down the Rig Volume, and Store the Rig.

Hi Paults, Thanks. Yes, I know but I always have left this volume setting to -12dB. So I guess, player louder has nothing to do with the fx and amp settings. But when I increase Master volume and decrease rig volume (without clipping result) what about louder playing then for more headroom?

I have a clean rig (clean trichorus 5) but with the lightest touch it explodes in red on the mixing desk. I unchecked every fx within the but no improvement, I set the gain on the mixing desk to zero and still the VU-meters are clipping. My main output is set to -12 dB. Input sense and distortion sense are set to 00.

I'm out of options. What do I miss here?