Posts by theplayer

How's your KPA connected to the mixing desk? XLR? If yes keep in mind that some mixing desks automatically engage mic preamps when seeing XLR. This can drive the desk easily into the red zone (audio interfaces as well btw). Try TS cables instead.

Hi Kempermaniac. Connection by two TS cables from main outs into two inputs. My cab though can go loud but of course it can not show clipping.

You're right when you say that there must be something wrong but I can't put my finger on it. I've learned that about -12 dB is perfect for main volume setting so I leave it there. One way or the other: the mixing desk receives a much to high guitar signal, even when the channel gain on the mixing desk is set all the way down, to -10 dB.

You also experienced that a numer of clean profiles are badly clipping so these are no good. So it's digging into RM to find good ones...

Still a good clean profile should have more than enough headroom (volume) without clipping for the rhythm part to compete with a solo part in a song. Otherwise you'll end up with a big volume gap between these two during playing. Balance is the keyword here, with a slight volume increase for that solo part. This means that there has to be room left for pressing a volume pedal to toe position for this.

That's why my volume pedal is set to 2.3 on heel position for rhythm . But my volume pot is set to the max.

Keeping my volume pot around 5 to stay clean (without clipping) decreases volume even more or am I wrong here..?

It seems like a large part of the problem is the profiles themselves.

That might be the problem. I'm gonna try a bunch of other profiles in the Factory, as you suggested. And of course also those two you mention. BTW this is that MARK V profile I used : https://ibb.co/KDZrvWN

I know now that clean is not always clean. But for a number of songs I just want a clean sound without any distortion and also any volume as I please to stand up next to a solo or band volume, like in this small clip. https://soundcloud.com/theplayer-3/clean

I took my old dusty Line 6 VETTA head with my 4*12 Line 6 cab from the attic and tried this again, using the same cables: LOUD (!) in stereo and practically no clipping. Comparing this amp to my KPA it's best to use an old phrase in that old song HELP from the Beatles, with a small variant : My KPA seems to vanish in the haze....

I tried these clean rigs from RM, especially chosen because they pretend to be clean.

Hiwatt DR 103 1972 (gets clipping in orange)

Ampeg J20 Clean (clips also a bit)

DP 1967 Vibrolux Clean (no clipping, but also no volume...)

DP Bad Kitty Clean (clips a bit)

MESA MARK V Clean (with chorus) right output without clipping but..

All of these rigs I play in my study and with my volume pedal to toe, rig volume at 0 dB, mixing desk channel gain at 15 dB and fader at 0 dB, mixing master volume at almost 0 dB, I can start a discussion without any problem! BTW I have two 100 W KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors connected to the mixing desk. My cab is turned off.

I would expect that I would run from here because of the loudness. None whatsoever.

I fear the next gig.

I use a Standard |Les Paul. No strange things: main input - standard TS - cry baby , no pre-amp. What kind of hardware issue are you thinking about? It happens more that have trouble with volume but it could be me or chosen rig.

Something is definitely wrong here.

If the input light is going red as well as the output then it should pretty much rule out the profile itself as being the problem.

Did you say that this only happens with one profile though? Are all the others working OK or are you having this problem all the time?

What is the signal chain going into the KPA. Is it just Guitar (what pickups) into Main Input using a standard TS cable or do you have any pedals or a wireless in front of the KPA? Are you using a guitar with active pickups and/or onboard pre-amp?

If there is nothing between the guitar and KPA I think it might be time to raise a ticket with Kemper support as it sounds like you could have a hardware issue.

Both turn in to red. I've shut all fx sections, clean sense at 0.0, dist. sense at 0.0., amp vol. at 0.0. Gain on mixing desk at 0.0 (!) and still way up in orange zone. Monitor and Main outputs at -12 db. Now there's almost no volume left...(seems common problem) with master faders on mixing desk about -30 dB.

OL.That reassuring. But why backup if there are no worries. Still for reasons of "in case of? "

I'm gonna read the manual for the performance mode and watch videos for this subject.

OK,

you don`t need a second PROFILER to restore your backup.

What Paults was saying is that a backup includes all of the settings in the PROFILER-you can even use it to clone your settings on a different PROFILER.

What I do not understand is why you even want to do that? The rigs and performances will still be inside the PROFILER after the gig ready for the next one unless you change some of them between gigs-in that case you can simply restore the backup that you created including all the settings for that particular gig.

OK. That clear to me. Sorry for my misunderstanding. You and Paults have to excuse me but I have been filling my KPA with rigs during different bands I was in. Surely I can skip still untouched rigs from RM but now I'm at a point that I need backing up because I'm running out of memory (yes..isn't it outrageous...?)

My goal is this. I want to make a kind of external library of all used and song named rigs in my computer l(ike a RM) . So when I want a set of particular songs for a gig, then I want to load just these backupped rigs (with midi assign settings). Of course at home to be done. What is the best way? And do they have to order alfabetically?

Of course you all are so right in your contributions! But many of you are seem to be developed sound engineers and won't have much problems to find that initial tone that makes that particular song (which you also really like to play too) so nice to listen to.

Or do have the skills but don't bother about that...! (such a shame..)

So fortunately we are all different in how we like to sound. But I like the grass which is always greener on the other side . I have good fingers but my guitar tone could be more right for just some solo's in some songs which I do can play but lack the tone. Of course it's hidden somewhere in my KPA, a real queeste. And if I listen to just a guitarplayer without a KPA in just another amateur band who nails that solo tone in a song, in a live gig (not studio), yes then I'm jealous of that. Can't help that. I'm sorry.

Wouldn't some of us all have that feeling listening to our favourites on stage...?

Last try... just this two chords sound just before the solo in It's a kind a of magic (or any amp/rig near to that) only to have just the impression to shine on stage.... (LOL) Any lucky ones...?

https://soundcloud.com/theplayer-3/magic