Posts by theplayer

Normally you can set the transpose function in the fx-section for using another tuning. Of course this is visible in the screen when activated. But some time ago I came across another way to set the transpose fx for use in a rig. Unfortunately this setting is not visible in the rig-screen. And now I'm in trouble. I have a TRP done this way in one of my rigs but can't remember when I have found this option. So I can't delete it...

Anyone for help...?

For several rigs I use Frank Eltze's wah. It sounds great but there's one problem. It's not true bypass. I've tried the two pedal modes in the wah menu for this: bypass toe, bypass heel. Both of them don't bypass but keep a wah sound at the wah heel or at the wah toe position, much different from my normal rig sound.
    I use a Boss FV 500H expression pedal for this and this lacks a on/off switch like on a wah pedal. So how to disable wah when not needed in a rhythm part? Any suggestions?

Like I wrote, I use it as an (wah) expression pedal and therefore I need one of the Kemper options (in the wah menu) to bypass the wah, using (indeed) the heel position.
    I use my volume pedal on my Roland FC-200 instead.

So I can't tell about dead zones. Maybe this is a matter of calibrating or settings, like explained here...?
    https://ibb.co/f2MeFU

Thanks to you all!

I have tried it numerous times but it didn't show anymore. I checked the internet cable, disconnected everything and reconnected again. Nothing. So I didn't use it for a couple of days and now everything is fine again...
    So an update wasn't the problem. Neither was the port connection or HD defrag or latest RM release...

Then I read the topic about Latest Rig Manager Release does not find the Profiler anymore, in RIG MANAGER LIBRARION SOFTWARE in the Private forum. It also didn't get me anywhere....

And now it's working again....haven't a clue why, but I'm glad it does! :)

I've read a long topic from 2013 about wether using instrument cables or speaker cables using Direct Out to powered speakers. Many contributions in this topic are all faced each other. So what's the real answer?

I have a pair of QSC K8 powered speakers and they have combined inputs: XLR and jack as well https://ibb.co/bBsnf9

So I can connect speaker cables or instrument cables to this speaker. Do Direct out and Monitor Out accept both kind of cables too?

This works like a charm. In this way you can benefit the stereo outputs from the Main Outs and the stereo outputs coming from Direct Out and Monitor Out combined as well.

For this you need to tick Monitor Stereo above Direct Output in the Output Menu (if you don't there's no sound!). Set the Monitor Out to Master left and the Direct Out to Master right.

Now you can control volumes of Main Outs for FOH and Direct/Monitor Outs separately and independenly for your backline powered speakers. .

In the manual there a back panel overview of the Profiler Head with a B/W picture. In the upper left there is the (red) Speaker Output (but this name is missing!)
    It's the place to connect a passive cab which output level is controlled within the Monitor section in the Output menu.

The manual says that the mono Monitor Output is used for connecting a stage monitor with its own levels controls. But nowhere there info about the Speaker Output.
    If I read some topics about this issue then I'm very confused when someone says that you also can connect an active speaker to this powered output. In the beginning I did this several times, unknowing what it could cause.And then I saw replies that it could damage your gear. Luckily everything still is working fine.
    And so I can go on...but it's very confusing.

Anyway, how (where) really to connect safely 2 powered speakercabs for my backline to the Powerhead (with the benefit of stereo fx from the rigs)? Can it be done and having the two main outs left for going FOH with the same stereo results?

I was thinking of using XLR main outs to mixing desk for FOH and jack main outs at the same time for the powered speakers on stage (with their own volume levels) but I wonder if this is possible without damaging.

I've been looking for a while to activate deactivate fx within a rig. I don't have a Remote but are using a Roland FX-200 midi controller. So I if I want to deactive let's say reverb or delay or gain then I need a second rig with these settings. This means making sometimes several rigs for the same song... (Yes, I know, not very efficient..and uses a lot of capacity of controller)
    I wonder if I can activate/deactivate individual fx within any rig, using switches for this purpose like this one (for two different fx in the rig ??) : https://www.boss.info/us/products/fs-6/ and assign the fx to such footswitches