Posts by theplayer

I guess you mean 1960 Friedman but this is a live cab, I found a Tills Recto Clean 2 in RM but I understand it's the combination with the cab and Don's fx. that does the trick .
    So in the end this sitar sound is out of reach for me. Too bad...

And which rig would that be (incl. another amp and another cab)? It''s definitely not the rig that I have found from Don Petersen...

And I know you need an alternative tuning: 1F - 2C - 3G - 4C -5G - 6C . So I did that. But only this doesn't make the sound...
    Or: B - F# - B - F# -B - E. But now the specific sound of a sitar to add...!

if you do a simple research on the "ehx ravish sitar" you can check this out

the drone is an echo, have different notes from the ones you play, but you can adjust the scale of then either on the real sitar or with the ravish

Earlier I did a research on the Electro Harmonix Sitar (€ 239) Sounds great, but since Kemper obviously can achieve this sound why buy that stomp?

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/fSJrHFk.jpg]

I don't understand drone part. What is that?

That rig is the only one (of 15.417) in Rig Manager. And the one of Don Petersen nails it! If it's a different patch, then where to look for this one..?

still sounds alright to me.
    dropbox.com/s/kuiyfa6mr6jn22u/Sitar 01.mp3?v=0mcn

considering that creating a sitar like sound with fx was never a goal of the Profiler,
    it's a decent effort, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

This is a reply from Don Petersen to a comment of a member who questioned Don's results to make a sitar sound. Don put a soundclip to his reply it and it really sounds very convincing to me.The clip is still available in his reply from Sept. 16th 2016 https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuiyfa6mr6jn22u/Sitar

Anyway, I tried his PITCH Wide Sitar 2 (if that's the one!) but his sound doesn't come anywhere near to what I hear in his clip. There he shows a really sitar sounding guitar. But this is how it sounds when I use it...

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0j9e1mrpXLc

Don Petersen or anyone else for comment..?

I've tried different wahs with a Boss FV 500 H and a stereo cable in Expression slot 1, but none of them have a smooth transition from low to high. In the middle of the pedal there's a very quick small wah audible and that's it. No good! Anyone for how to get that low to high wah al the way? I need it for the second solopart of Guns and Roses Sweet child o' mine

One of the most ingenious riffs is The Last Time from The Stones. Playing the song is easy but it;'s just the rig that goes with it. I got a good advise for this to use M Britt profile "Luxe 6, with lowered Bass to off and boosted Treble and Presence.
    In RM I have 15365 rigs with 50 of Michael Britt. This particularly rig is not there... Do you have to buy that somewhere?

To get real stereo fx you need to go to the X/MOD/DELAY/REVERB block on the upper right on the front of your Kemper. If you have a DELAY fx, press it. Now use the TYPE knob on the left, next of the screen and turn it all the way to the right until you see LOOP STEREO. Press that option.
    Now turn the MIX to about 25 % and listen now what you have got. You need two speakers for stereo...(!)
    You can do that also with reverb chorus etc whatever you have in your rig.
    Finally: SAVE what you have got.

Nice to know that I can help someone else.

My Main Outputs are set at around -12 dB and that's for Master Stereo in the Output Menu. Further I set every mixing desk channel with the pfl's until a slight of yellow on the volume meters. That is 0 dB. Before that I balanced volumes of all rigs thus avoiding peaks or lows at rig changings. My Master volumes on the mixing desk are set to 0 dB

Thanks paults. I'll try this.

To Kempermaniac who writes: If you're not willing to do this, a complex device like the Kemper maybe isn't for you.

I've been working with my Kemper now for 3½ years. I've done, read and played a lot in these years and I'm still willing to do anything! Some guys however are more brilliant than me in this matter...That is what this forum is about, right?

boost post stack

I level rig volumes by ear, not by using a meter. I think it is difficult to use a meter to do it, because of the differences in touch sensitivity from Rig to Rig. They don’t have to be perfectly volume matched. As long as they are close, it’s good. The drastic volume changes are the ones to avoid.

OK! That's a good starting point!

put a pure boost post stack with e.g. +3 dB or double the rig with higher rig volume.

I first increased the amp volume, but I think your option is better. But can you explain a boost post stack? I can't find out what this is.

There's many said about levelling output volumes of different rigs, but for me there are questions being left.

I've tried to level different clean rigs with a reference rig as a start. For this I used the AC Clean R121 as a start. It uses the Ace Voice thirty amp.
    The volume for this amp is set at 0.0. dB.

I use a ZED 22 fx mixing desk and watch the volume meters. They keep perfectly within the green area. Any use of the faders doesn't affect this so this a good starting point.

Now I try another random chosen clean RM-rig: another clean rig based on an total different amp with other settings and combined with fx a.s.o.
    This one is based on an JTM 30 amp, also with its volume set at 0.0 dB. Like the reference rig, clean sense is also at 0.0 dB
    But this one goes beyond green into yellow. Of course this rif has extra's (needed!) for a personal desired sound.

My point is: where to start to get that same output level as the reference rig? I'm sure I'm not condemned to only use the amp from the reference rig as there are many more clean amp examples. Cutting down fx or even delete them to decrease volume can' t be the solution. And I guess this goes on and on if you have a bunch of fx in that rig...
    So that becomes a puzzle where and how to find the bad boy which is responsable for the problem. I can't find anything about that in the reference manual 5.1.

The only thing I cant think off is misleading by the comment in RM saying CLEAN (which still might contains a kind of distortion in it causing more volume).

And then there's another issue: once you have levelled volumes, how to increase volumes for those rigs for soloing (as save as second rig), again everything keeping within the green area

Hi Mr Giggles. When you want to try various rigs in RM you only have to hit ENTER once at a chosen rig. From there you can use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to listen to others, and save them like Paults wrote.

Zapman: This is truly the solution to my problem of the volume (and stereo!) coming from the main outs. You are brilliant. :P I couldn't have come up with that. Sorry for my lack of understanding routings.
    Now I really can compete in volume with the rest of the instruments.

And to Eltzejupp: Now -12dB in the Output works fine. So it has been a combination of options.

To Finally: the mixer works fine but it has all along been searching for a combination of the right routings, in- and outputs and settings.

Again, thanks guys for these contributions...! Really much appreciate! It's been a long way but with your help I got it done!