Posts by theplayer

Sambrox: I followed all instructions (Yes, you're right: hot pick-ups from a GLP)

Michael_dk: Only output led is slightly flashing on green but turns red when strumming louder

drog: It's internal from section 1, no popping/clipping when turned of/on. It makes no difference.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! In the meantime I have tweaked a lot. In fact so much that I don't know how I now achieved avoiding red clipping. So it's still hard to get really clean volumed sounds in the blink.of an eye.... I've learned too that it sounds much better to NOT choose a distorted amp from the amp section but to stay close to the chosen clean amp and then use the gain knob for a lead solo and store then as your lead rig.
    This would mean that if I finally (!) have a really clean and not red clipping rig, I can use this for a lead sound as well, by just increasing the gain.

Otherwise, reduce the volume of both clean and distorted rigs.

I'm rehearsing in my study so the volume isn''t really loud. Onstage I would need more volume, but probably even more clipped.

You could try using a compressor (either in one of the stomp slots or in the amp section).

But that would affect the clean sound and is more suitable for playing funky or having a more sustained solo.

I keep on having trouble with clipped clean sounds. I need two sounds, one clean with chorus and one overdrive for lead guitar. Both must have the same output level so that there is no volume difference when playing the song. But the clean sounds stays clipped and worse, with a regularly crackeled bang coming out from the speakers when strumming. Clean sense is at 0.0. Lead sound rig is OK ,(no clipping) so can't decrease clean chorused rig because each time I would get a huge volume drop.

I used to have a Dunlop wah GCB-95 but with an expression pedal(like my Boss FV--500H I don't need an adapter and thus no power outlet. Another advantage. True, it not gives you always that real soemtimes wanted agressive wah-sound but it's a good deal. And quite since Monkey Man added some great extra varieties to choose from (thanks Man!).

Still I have a question. My GCB-95 has an on/off swtich by pressing the pedal: a really wah bypass. My Boss expression pedal is missing that. So on page 2 I choose for Bypass@heel or Bypass@toe. But both leave me that wah ending sound: low or high. This way my original sound stays coloured, affected. Is there a true bypass after a wah-solo?

OK. I'm sorry. I only did this because Paults advised me on Jul 12th 2016 to do this regarding another topic of me....
    He wrote: It might be a good idea to add SOLVED to the thread title.

And I see it in several topics....

I tried to sort out some things to exclude what causes that crackling noise:

- I shut down the poweramp, since I have connected 2 powered FRFR cabs. Problem stays
    - I got me another pair of speaker cables. Problem stays
    - I connected guitar speaker cables (like coming with the purchase of an amp and a cabinet) Problem stays

So I assumed it had to be something in the Profiler. And I think I got it by constantly undoing and redoing using a rig and changing amp (from de mid section Amplifier).

It's a rig coming from Maurizio70. In Amplifier I went for 63 Vibroverb. At the top of the screen there's a white lit button: from rigs In the right section of the screen it says: Amp name: 63 Vibroverb.
    Underneath that: manufacturer
    Underneath that: 63 Vibroverb.
    Underneath that: Model
    Underneath that: vibro clean2

Though it appears to be a clean amp, it sounds very distorted! By undoing and redoing it leads me to: Fen Hot Rod clean (and beneath that): HOME.
    In the left: (in black box): Amp Module (page2/3).
    Beneath that: author Maurizio70. And this is where the crackling sound and noise rises!!

I'm certain that the problem lies here and has nothing to do with cables. But I don't know why it happens in this rig. Is this a bad or corrupted one or have I done a kind of "overtweaking"? I guess the solution is simpel: not using that amp for my rig.
    But of course I'm curious about this noisy behaviour.

I hope I've explained eveyrhing clearly.

The L1 is a full range system so it should sound really good! You really don't need to run the KPA through a tube amp as the tuube amp will color the sound.. the KPA already has the tube sound of the amp covered.. I used to think that a Mesa 20/20 tube amp would be great with it.. early into owning... but it's really not necessary ... any full range system works great and if you want to use a guitar speaker cabinet, you just turn the cabinet off on the KPA unit... again the tubes don't really help.. the L1 will sound fine, just wait and see..

I agree! I have been thinking earlier to switch to an unpowered version and use an all valve amp with two speaker cabs for playing stereo. Glad I didn't, thanks to Ingolf and other mods. My Powerhead can go stereo through my 2 FRFR QSC K8 powered cabs and they sound amazing in stereo, using Direct Out and Monitor, even with the power amp switchd off. OK, it took some time and real frustrations to get there (!) but in the end it saved me buying extra stuff. I have no doubt that you're quite satisfied with your BOSE L1 too!

After all the cable problems and soldering I tried them for several rigs at loud (!) volume. No problems at all. And now it's ytouble again.....don't know why. But I leave it now for this post and get back when I have sorted out the problem.

I never knew before until someone told me then to do so. It was a great sounding improvement to me. It's possible that I name it wrong but still it's the way that I had to solder the cables and it sounded so much wider, even with the speaker cabs close to each other. That's why it stays in my memory. But you know how it goes: you sell stuff and buy new (mono) stuff, combo's, stacks and the those cables become redundant....until now when playing stereo again becomes available.

I have never read that wiring cabs out of phase gives you a more spatial sound.
    Note that if two cabs are wired this way the cabs will be in phase again.

Still this was the case! One normal wired cable (blue brown on both ends) and the other one: blue brown on one end and brown blue on the other end. The difference was a very wide spreaded sound, especially for chorus. I can imagine that with all the digital stuff these days, this doesn't work any more.

Hi Skoczy,

It turned out there was more going on!

After close examination the speaker cable was not broken afterall. It was another problem that I like to share with you all.

Iused this heavy duty double speaker cable instead of a guitar speaker with tip and sleeve. I have this speaker cable for some 20 years now and started suddenly realizing why there was a big volume difference between the two speakers.

In those days I used a Roland GP 16 for fx and 2 Mesa Boogie 1x 12 cabs and a stereo amp with that cable. I've learned then that, when you solder the brown wire to tip and solder the blue wire to sleeve and on the other end you do it the other way around then you get a phase difference resulting in a much wider stereo effect. It really sounded very spatial!

But with the technical development like in the Profiler I discovered that this doesn't work anymore. It showed when I soldered both wires again, but now to their respectively tip and sleeve. Problem of volume difference now definitely being solved!

I have two powered FRFR speakers wich are connected to Direct Out and Monitor Out for stereo.
    In Output they are bot set to -14 dB and to Master Left and Master Right. They are also linked to Monitor out and Direct out.

The problem is that one speaker cab sounds much and much louder than the other one. I can 't figure out why. Settings on both speaker cabs are equally done: line - LF= norm - HF= flat . If I change connections to both speaker cabs, there's still only one with the right set volume. The other one stays far behind.

If I connect both to Main Out then they are in perfect volume balance and they sound great in stereo so it has to do with some internal settings of the Kemper.

Anyone an idea?