Posts by mwinter77

Why not just setup a performance for the rig with the delay off and another with it on.

For live I always have a plan as to why I am changing rigs and if the change needs to be to one that has a pedal off vs. on then I simply setup my performance slot to reflect what I need in that case.

I agree with this. It's unnerving, but I've witnessed computers, as well as automobiles, seemingly respond to the high stress levels of the people controlling them. Very interesting. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the temporary quirky behavior I experience with new installs on my Mac may in some part be related to that phenomenon. That said, the behaviors are real, not imagined, so I still empathize with the frustrations of those users who are handling these types of episodes with less evenhanded aplomb than you or I or the developers.

Ha, this is ridiculous regardless of what some think - electronic machines do not "sense" their users. While it might be true that a nervous user may fumble and hit keys or buttons or discharge static electricity unknowingly but beyond that i am certain that the mood of the user is not going to change the behavior of the device - of this I am 100% sure.

I think the best phrase to understand how this may differ with your observations is the classic statistics education phrase "Correlation does not imply causation"

Sorry guys,
    This maybe could happen if you logged in as a guest when you bought the PVY jsx for the first time. Please send me an email and you'll get a new download link. thx!

P.s. I think I can't get all items showed up in the download section. But I'll try as soon as I got your mails.

I was not guest anytime, plus I see all my purchases in my orders - just not the downloads/. I'll send an email.

For all existing customers:
    To get this profile FOR FREE with my personal delay setting of this video just download again!

Hey Guido,

I have purchased around 11 of your packs I believe including this one. But when I log in to my account 'orders' shows all my orders, but in 'downloads' there are only two items shown and not the JSX. My user name on this forum is the first part of my email address with you. Can I get all my items to show up in downloads?

Those are awesome. Is there any place we can get the exact settings he used for those examples in the video? I'm primarily interested in the first "shimmer/crystal" he used around 1/2 way through the video, as well as the "swells" at the end.

Unfortunately what is shown in the video and the final OS 5.0 implementation aren't the same at all. This video was done as a demo of some experimental software and the final production software is quite different - or so says Kemper team. Can probably approximate many of these but the exact settings won't map across to the current OS 5.0 parameters.

On the KPR you have the 4 dedicated effect switches that can be assigned and then there are 3 other switches that can be re-programmed to control effects slot devices as well - the tuner, looper, and tap switches. These 3 switches can be reassigned from their defaults to instead controlling effect slots in the remote setup section of the system menu.

This gives you a total of 7 possible effects programmable switches on the KPR.

Not to me, not when you've got the whole world of sounds to choose from. It takes me hours and hours for each sound I use too - I don't care to restrict myself to 2 or 3 different sounds when I've got all that capability to do more.
    If it works for you Nicky, great. Each to his own.

I took this more to mean that it wasn't that the guy wouldn't have wanted more tones but on the Axe it took so long to get two or three that he decided that was all he needed since he didn't have another 3 months to develop another preset :D

As close as I can get, Lexicon preset has 42% Diffusion (smear) on the repeats, this option isn't available in the Kemper Rhythm Delay, at least not yet.

I wonder if starting with the 'Serial TwoTap Delay' which has smear might end up working better. I know @djemass was using the 'Rhythm Delay' and then found 'Serial TwoTap Delay' worked better for a complex delay he was trying to create.

I cleared out the OP because I don't feel it does any good to anyone

Well done. I too retract what I said in response to some of the previous behaviors - you have clearly learned from all of this and are trying to be cooperative and let everyone help yet get the results you want rather than letting anger rule your reactions.

Also to install the new delay presets without messing with memory sticks and such you can simply reinstall all the factory content under FW 5.0 using the system menu factory rigs restore function which will put all the current FW 5.0 content on the profiler.. And then use RM to put your own content back as the local rig library on the profiler. This is how I did it and it seemed like the fastest easiest way to get there for me.

Hi

i need a good EVH 5150 Profile for Metal.
    Anybody idea where to get ?

Thanks

My all time favorite is a 5153 profile done by A/M Profiling. I have several from different places including TAF and MBritt, and that one in particular just nails it so perfectly. Here is a link to his page for those: A/M Audio

I got the studio bundle (pack 1 and pack 2 combined) as I only use studio profiles (no merged or DI profiles)

This is my PT100 profile I use for a piece of Styx's "Come Sail Away" in our rock medley. You can see I crank the mids and highs a bit. I may have even swapped to a 3P Plexi cab from a different profile to keep the overall tonality in line with the rest of my performances.

Was that built off of the PT100 2 3 profile? That is the one I most prefer of the 3 you had in pack 3. Also did you in fact do the cab swap - you say you may have... When using this live for Come Sail Away are you using your Cobra with the P90's or something else? I have been doing this song with a strat plus I have loaded with lace sensors which has a great sound with that PT100 2 3 profile. Would love to try the cab swap you are using if in fact you are. Any chance of trying that specific profile you use for that medley - would love to try it for when I play that song!

I get the feeling that the core has changed. We now have studio and merged profiles (as well as DI). And I believe the profiling algorithm itself has been improved so,that you no longer need to refine anywhere near as much, and which could also result in better quality profiles.

To me it's a case of - just because old profiles load and play the same doesn't mean that new ones are anything like them, they might not even utilize the same sim internally for the waveshaper or the frequency modification for all we know. The Kemper just plays old profiles the same as always, new ones could be totally different beasts.

I agree and further proof of this is that profiles made with V3.0+ require V3.0+ to play - so clearly something in the way they are made and played back has changed in a significant way with 3.0.

The Captain made what would normally be the reasonable assumption that ongoing software updates have seen the accuracy of Profiles improve.

@Monkey_Man @Ingolf I would actually contend that many things have changed over the past several years that now contributes to a better overall sound from our beloved Profiler.

I know for certain that my current Kemper profiles sound way better than the ones I was using a couple of years ago for a bunch of reasons.

One thing for sure is the very process of creating and refining profiles has become better understood and improved by all in the community. People like Andy (TAF), Michael (M Britt), and Guidorist have commented on how their profiles are getting better and better due to improvements in the software, better techniques in the studio, better understanding of the refining process and how best to do it. No question in my mind that the profiles themselves have in many cases gotten way better.

Also on the software end some very real improvements to the sound has happened with the 3.0 software and the better separation of cab and amp. Also the Pure Cabinet stuff added something from my perspective. There was also changes to the low end response that was mentioned already. There were also other refinements I am sure along the way. But for sure what I hear today is better and more accurate than what I heard 2-3 years ago.