Posts by Ewolf5150

About 2-3 months ago my Kemper randomly started being excessively laggy, will not respond when main switch knob is turned, and the screen will go nuts on the profiler and even the remote. I can even turn the knob to the off position and the Kemper will do nothing for 30 seconds to a min, then finally turn off. I’m on the current OS and my Kemper just sits in my basement. I have 2 videos of what’s been happening but they are to big to post here.

How do I go about doing that? I’ve owned a kemper for 4 and a half years but I never really got all the ins and outs of it. I just liked to plug in and play. All the buttons and customization seemed to daunting to me and I would learn something then forget how to do it. It’s making me want to switch back to a simple tube amp again

I used to use the looper all the time and I was able to clearly hear my playing over a looped riff. One day it randomly wouldn’t let me play over a riff without it sounding muddy and not cutting through the loop. I can’t hear what I’m playing over the loop. It’s super distorted like both volumes are the same level or something. It’s been like this for like 2 years. Used to work just fine but I’m fed up and don’t know why it does this. Anyone go an answer

Update: just received my 3rd replacement remote today. Everything seems to be working fine. I unplugged it and plugged it in numerous times, turned the kemper on and off. So far so good. It looks as if I did get 2 defective remotes. Kemper is letting me keep the replacement power rack they sent and I'm sending them my old one. Hopefully this is the last you hear of this. Although this was a frustrating process I want kemper and everyone to know I am more than happy with kempers customer service and what they did for me. Most companies I know wouldn't do that. I hated being that pain in the ass customer, but it is what it is

I'm the guy with the "3 remotes" lol. Technically I have 2 defective ones right now sitting at home and a replacement new kemper. I will be getting a 3rd replacement remote supposedly. I feel like an ass getting all these replacements and people who have been waiting months haven't even got theirs yet. I waited till April 6th for mine

I received 2 brand new cables and tried both on 2 different kempers and 2 different remotes. Both kempers are on the latest 3.02 firmware. I reinitialized my original kemper with no luck and I'm currently waiting on a reply from kemper as to what to do next

No, I re-initialized my remote, but never downgraded. The new kemper came with firmware 2.7 but I installed 3.02 on it and then tried. It was my understanding that 3.0 was made for the remote and you need at least 3.0 or higher for it to work. Regardless, I should not have to do any downgrading at all. It should just work. I never thought the problem was with the kemper itself, just the remote.

At first I was so pissed off, but now I have calmed down a bit. I think it's because the initial excitement and new toy feeling has worn off. When you've been waiting for something for months, you have yet to see it in the flesh, and it arrives defective, you freak. Now I have had 2 remotes sitting in my home and I realize it's just a controller, I'm not infatuated with it anymore.

Not sure I understand your comment. My last comment basically agreed with what you just said. I'm happy with kempers fast service but I am still frustrated and rightfully so. I understand they are a small company, I work for a small family business so I know how things can be. Kemper should still expect customers to be upset and not satisfied when something they paid for doesn't work two times. What should have been a smooth 1 time thing has turned into waiting, more waiting, boxing things up, taking them to be shipped back, waiting some more, checking my email everyday, getting new item then praying it works only to go through it all over again with no end in sight. I do realize I am in the minority and most who have their remotes are satisfied and happy with them.

Listen, I'm more than happy with kempers fast customer service as far as sending out replacements, but they really have offered no explanation as to why or what is going on. It seems like they are sweeping it under the rug and trying to keep it hush hush. Sending out replacements of broken or defective remotes isn't going to solve anything. I honestly can't believe it myself that they are sending me a new kemper amp. I had to do a double take. I just hope it's not some refurbished one because if it is I won't take it. Maybe they are putting a band aid on cancer as of this moment but at least they are doing something for me. I hate to be that guy and be an ass but if it were any other company most people including myself would back out of everything all together and never return as a customer.

I guess my whole thing is, I shouldn't have to do any of this in the first place. Then let's say it works, how do I know it's fixed permanently and won't crap out in me in the future? This is the dedicated foot controller for the kemper itself and it doesn't even work. There are 3rd party units working just fine for less. For $600 this is unacceptable

Kemper just replied to me with another email saying it must be something with my kemper itself. I don't think it is, I have never had one issue with the kemper. They say they are shipping me another 1. I feel bad. I'm going to have 3 remotes sitting at my house and some of you haven't even got yours yet. I'll let you know what happens with the 3rd one