Posts by lerniberni

Hi,

cool stuff going on here. Maybe someone can help me.
    I'm controlling the KPA with Cubase for almot a year now.
    Im using cc# and the perfomance mode. #47 for changing the performance and #50-#54 for changing the slots. Im editing the Midi-Tracks in the Cubase's List-Editor.
    Everything is working. So far so good.

BUT: From time to time the sound from the kmeper is suddenly off, At first I thought the Kemper crashes. I newstart always fixes the problem. But every now and then it occurs again.
    After a while i took a look in the system menue of the Kemper when the problem happens. I noticed that the volume (cc#7) is at a very low value, though I didn't work with this cc# in Cubase at all.
    Then I put Cubases "Midi Monitor" as an Inster-FX in the Midi Track.
    Sometimes cubase sends a #cc50 with value 0 which I havn't programmed. Every time this message is send, the KPA decreases the Volume (cc#7) to about 5%.

Does anyone have a similar problem?
    Does anyone know, why Cubase could sends this cc?
    Does anyone know, how a cc#50 with the value 0 can effect the Volume of the Kemper?

The solutiuon for now is that I've set the Range Value in the Volume-Pedal Settings in the KPA's Rig-Menue to 0, which seem to let the KPA have now effect on Volume changes.
    I hope this works for now.

Hi,

I know that there was an option to either holding the A/B/C/D/Amplifier etc - Buttons to enter their menue and turning them on/off by just pressing OR simply push the buttons to enter the menues and only use the on/off buttons to turn the modules on and off.
    but I just can't find the funktion anymore.
    anybody help? 8|

I'm not sure, if this is mentioned anywhere before but my Kemper chrashes (the tuner display wouldn't disappear) several times during the last rehearsel.

My Kemper is remoted via Midi from a DAW and I'm also using a switch to enter the tuner.

The Tuner display seems to freeze when i've activated the tuner manualy via switch and the Kemper is changing the peformance in the background (controlled via Midi).

I'd also problems to leave the tuner display when I've activated the tuner manualy and Kemper get a volume=0 message via MIDI (cc7 0) which also activated the tuner.
    After that neither a the MIDI command volume=100% (cc7 127) or the switch was working.
    I had to switch to the tuner and back to the performance mode via the mode knob on the Kemper or even restart it (because even the mode knob doen't changed the display).

Anyone else with that problem?

+1

Some sort of Master compressor/normalize function would be awesome, especially for trying to balance high-gain tones and sparkly Jazz Chorus cleans.

I'm not sure if this solves the problem I come up with in this thread. Actually it turns out that the "lower gain / clean slots" I dial in in a performance turns out to be too loud in the rehearsel room most of the time.
    But of course this is something I have to get used to.
    And maybe a Master compressor is a good thing for your purposes.

+1

!!!

Performance mode is too complex to be tweaked on rehearsal room having other band's members complaining.
    We need at least a RM function to compose the KPA performances.

I have exactly the same problem in the rehearsal romm.
    We do you mean with "RM function"?

+1
    erformance per song. It took me some time for adjusting volumes for
    different rigs within a performance at home. If i go back to band
    rehearsel and find out the overall volume in a performance is to low,
    but other performances are ok, it takes
    I use one p too much time to adjust it during band practice. It would be really great to have a separate performance volum

Exactly!

I don't know if this is possible. But due to the many volume controlls inside the rig (stompboxes, amp, EQ,cabinet etc) - which is a cool thing on one hand - the rigs have various volumes. If you like to use different rigs in song and organize songs in performance it take's a lot of time to adjust volumes of the slots. Nevertheless it's great feature.
    But what is much harder is to adjust the volume of a whole song, because you have to dial in every slot. It would be cool to have a controll that adjusts volume and EQ of a whole perfomance. That way you could adjust the volumes within one song and after that adjusts the volumes of the song for a whole set. That would be a real time saver.
    At the moment I'm working with level meters. But this is not reliabel. In Band context volumes seem different than on the level meter.

I don't think the Pedal is the problem. I've tried remoting my Kemper via Midi Interface of my PC. But actually I don't use MIDI for switching. I use the Pedal Inputs. It's just a switch. I mean "No Contact" / "Contact". The Switch is totaly mechanical. I've built it myself. Also for example the "Stomp Inverter" Function works perfectly on time.

Exact the same here instead that I can't imagine playing shows playing guitar and singing in a metal band while need to concentrate in changing Amp Channels (in this time Rigs) 200ms before the spot.

Hi,

I configured a 2-button footswitch just like you. You can see that the Kemper is getting the signal of the footswith the instant i hit the button, because the display changes. But the sound just takes a little bit to change.
    I recently deleted all none favorites (42 left) and I've also done a system reset.

Here's what they told me at Kemper:
    "Dear xxxxx,

die
    Verzögerung, die Sie beschreiben, ist normal. Sie ist im Performance
    Mode relativ kürzer, wenn man zwischen Slots umschaltet. Sie hängt aber
    auch von der Komplexität des Sound-Unterschieds ab, d. h. wenn Sie von
    einem cleanen auf ein stark verzerrtes Rig umschalten, ist sie relativ
    länger. Wir haben für die Zukunft Änderungen in der Firmware geplant,
    die das noch einmal verbessern werden.

Sincerely,xxxx"

I try to translate:

"Dear xxxx,

the delay you are describing is normal. In Performance Mode it's shorter if you switch between slots. It depends on the complexity of the Difference of the sounds, which means if you change from clean to high gain it takes longer. We planned changes in the firmware for the future, that will improve this."

Acutally It drive me nuts, that they different users seem to experience different deleys during the switching...

Maybe I should try to organise my presets in the Browser Mode Method.
    Actually I've benn writing to Kemper asking about whether the delay is normal and they admitted that this is problem they try to solve in further firmwares. So I am a little bit confused that some of you don't seem to have that problem...

I don't believe it's really 200ms. You're using the latest firmware and navigating in Browse mode? My RP355 has a 38ms gap when patch switching, and the KPA feels faster than that. I don't have any problem with the minimal gap.

I don't believe it's really 200ms. You're using the latest firmware and navigating in Browse mode? My RP355 has a 38ms gap when patch switching, and the KPA feels faster than that. I don't have any problem with the minimal gap.

I use the latest firmware but I was talking about switching the slots in performance mode. to avoid misunderstanding: I'm not talking about a sound gap. I'm talking about a delay in the switching process. My Kemper takes about 200ms after I hit the switch button to get to the new sound.
    even kemper is admitting, that there is a delay. They told me, that they are trying to reduce the delay in the next firmware.

The way I have my KPA set up, each section (tone) in a song is a separate rig. I use a 2-button footswitch to navigate up/down through the rigs as the setlist progresses.

That was my plan too, but I noticed a latency about 200ms in changing rigs (also in changing slots in peformance mode). any experiences with that?