Posts by JerEvil

Modded Rev G Recto Profiles

30 profiles that seek to recreate the sound of the Ground Zero Ampworks modded "Triple Rectifier" amplifier for the Kemper Profiling Amp.

Starting life as a 'standard 2-channel "Rev G", this amp has been modded for ultimate tone and clarity. The revoiced preamp section removes all the extraneous low end mud that generally requires external boost pedals to clear up, and gives a more focused and precise attack, all while retaining the classic Recto sound you love.

The addition of a 3-way bright switch on the Red channel as well as global "Tight" knob that works across all 3 modes makes this a truly special amp.

To be clear, if you're needing Classic Rock/Americana tones, this is probably not the pack you're looking for!

There are 3 profiles from this pack up on the Tig Exchange as well. This way you can give them a “try before you buy” test.

Look for file name:

GroundZero RectoMod

Looks nice.

But a quick question:

https://wickedtones.bigcartel.…ial-armored-amplification says KPA on the photo, but in the description it says "Nerual DSP Quad Cortex". What is correct? And maybe put into the title too.

And is every other pack for the Quad Cortex only or are there more KPA-Packs coming? I really enjoyed your Quick Rod stuff!

Hey thanks for the catch on that! And yes, I will be releasing a bunch more Kemper packs very soon and more official packs in partnership with some excellent builders.

I will get a couple from this pack up on the Rig Exchange in the AM

Hey all!

Wicked Tones is now officially launched! As a heads up, we have multi-pack discounts available at all times. Buy 2 packs, get 50% of a 3rd. Buy 3, get one free. Additionally every Tuesday is "Tulip Tuesday" - save 20% off your entire order.

Discount Codes (enter at checkout):
    Buy 2, Get 50% - 2AMPSGETS50

Buy 3, Get One Free - 3AMPSGETS1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Armored Amplification "Sabot 50" - this pack was done in partnership with James Hudmon, owner/builder at Armored Amps. Aesthetically it looks like a modded Marshall type amp but tonally it is much more akin to a Dual Rec, H&K DuoTone/TriaAmp type thing.

49 profiles. 15 DI, 34 studio.

For more info on the Armored "Sabot 50" pack, click here

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ground Zero Ampworks "Dirty Bomb" - this pack was done in partnership with Jeremy Joseph, owner/builder at Ground Zero Ampworks. This amp began as a '74 Super Lead that someone modded horribly. Jeremy acquired the amp and it became the guinea pig for his "Hellion" production amp. The Dirty Bomb is a little bit special as it has additional mods developed after the design of the Hellion, so this is a true "one-off" custom.

For more info on the Ground Zero "Dirty Bomb" pack, click here:

For fans of classic British Hard Rock tones all the way up to clanky Modern Metal.

60 profiles. 15 DI, 45 studio

Boosts used:

• Airis Savage Drive MkV

• Walrus Audio Warhorse / Ages

• Fortin Hexdrive

• Wampler Ratsbane

• Earthquaker Plumes

Hey all! Been years as I said in the title.

Anyway, I’ve got a few amp builders I’ll be working with on profiles, and a good friend offered to let me use his Kemper.

Am I correct in assuming the author name on the profiles would be his name? Any way to change it? Would I have to have him let me register it under my name?

Sheee-it! That sounds brutal!

@Bilinguitar what kind of music do playing?
    MBritt profiles comes alive at stage volume level.

Yeah, it wasn't until I had my Kemper going through my Splawn cabs and tube power amp that the MBritt profiles just came to life! I was not a fan at first either. Michael knows how to capture profiles that translate to live situations for sure.

I think he has been using one since 2014. This is just based off videos I have seen. It was funny, they came out and did an intro type thing and then Trevor realized the Kemper wasn't on. They kinda stood there until it booted up.

Oh man, that's too funny! I have done sillier sh*t I suppose! I remember hunting around for like 2 minutes mid-song once because my amp went silent until I suddenly realized some moron (not THIS moron) stepped on my tuner! LOL!

Yeah I got their Recto set some time ago. Didn't care for it once I downloaded it. I agree also, cost per profile didn't deliver for me.

Cool, what you have to show? 8)

Did this and posted here quite a while ago:

Soundcloud:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profiles are from Tim Owens "HAWP" Friedman stuff. Did all guitars, bass and also programmed the drums.

Here's a recent one I did doing some "Hair Rock" with another guy from these forums:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I haven't been on the KPA forums in ages but pretty sure I have some other ones floating around. Anyway, didn't mean to derail your thread!

Hi Michael. Just a heads up. The sound clips aren't showing up on my browser? I'm running Crome.

Got the clips fixed. I had switched the Playlist settings on Soundcloud from Private to Public, but didn't realize that each individual track was still set to Private. Should be working now. Sorry.

Do you even Soundcloud bro???