Posts by JerEvil

Thanks. My OCD agrees with you. I expect a few nights lost starting next Wednesday!

Got some good profiles to start with. Is there a place people request tones? Have a few sounds I am looking for that I don't see posted about a lot.

Go for the toaster, it's a wonderful unconventional form factor that makes it easy to transport and easy to tweak. I'm really concerned about weight when I travel or gig and a rack case is just added load. The toaster in a good backpack or shoulder sling bag just weighs 7-8 kg.

Just ordered the gray toaster and Mission Engineering KP expression pedal. Got a stellar deal from my guy Arend at Sweetwater

i I haven't been this excited about a piece of gear in years!

Two would be great! Anybody have a buy one get one free coupon they're not using? Seriously though, I will more than likely go with the toaster. My studio is actually in a an open space in my house, so sitting on top of my desk I think it might make a nice little piece to look at. For life purposes, this will generally be used with a band that does strictly corporate events. Usually between 800 to 2500 people. If that schedule picks up, I may also invest in the power rack. Who knows.

Hi JerEvil

i have both. I first brought the toaster which was great and the LED's on the bass, middle, treble etc are really useful. When the rack was released I brought that because in my band we use IEM's and I take the mixing desk. This is all racked so this allowed me to put the KPA rack underneath and leave everything connected between gigs. I now use my Toaster KPA in the studio.

In in making your decision think about the LED's that the rack doesn't have would these be of use to use when gigging at a quick glance you can see where your settings are. Or..... Do you want the compactness of the rack KPA stored in a rack case and nice and safe. Which ever one you choose you will be very happy with the results of the KPA

well, it'll get gigged but maybe only once a month. The rest of the time will be in my home studio . I like the aesthetic of the toaster more personally I'd get a hard shell case for transporting should I go with that one.

Finally about to pull the trigger on a Kemper but can't decide which to go with.

Here's my rig:
    • Kemper
    • Jet City USA 1x12 (Splawn 2x12 when required)
    • ISP Stealth Power amp
    • VooDoo Lab Ground Control Pro
    • Mission Engineering EP1-KP

i have the Mission Geminie rack case that the Kemper will fit in but I get nervous about no doors when transporting

Hey all. Total lurker here but am looking to jump to ONE of the 2 "big" modeleres in the next month or so. Problem is, I have no experience with either.

I play in 2 bands where this would be utilized. One is a band doing corporate gigs covering anything from Beatles and Maroon 5 to Journey and Kansas. The other is a metal cover band going Pantera, Sepultura, Slipknot.

The Kemper, imho really nails the amps it models to the damn T. but the effects are a bit more streamlined than the Axe.

The Axe has brilliant effects and with the MFC and scenes has 100% zero lag time in patch changes. This is actually very important to me. With the amp models I feel the Axe does really well too.

Was wondering if anyone (I'm sure I'm nuts for asking) would be willing to let someone see/hear their rig in person. I'm not looking to sit in your house and play "Enter Sandman" for an hour but really looking to chat with an experienced user to see and hear the unit and not just go off mixed and produced, multi-tracked vids and YouTube clips.

I should mention, I am coming from an Eleven Rack. Sorry if this sounds like a mail order bride request.

I owned a pair of Alto TS115A speakers for about a year. Just sold them last week :( Great speakers and sound awesome with the kemper, I would buy them again if I had the space / was playing out. For the price you can't go wrong. :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/hQPpoSH.jpg]

Man! Day late and a dollar short!

Glad to hear you liked them. Forumite "lasvideo" is being kind enough to let me come by and check out his Kemper next week so I'll bring my Alto wedge with me just to hear it. A pair of 12's will probably be sufficient but I bet the 15's woulds sound even better ...

So I am upgrading to the KPA in a month or two. I am currently running a Digitech RP1000 with an Alto 8" powered wedge and am considering upgrading the to 12". I use it just for my own monitoring of guitars live. I run to FOH for main sound and drummer is using a V-Drum kit. as anyone used the Alto stuff here and how do you like it with the KPA? I use the Alto in lieu of putting my RP in the main monitor mix and generally keep to my side or behind me.

I know there are MANY more costly options and am interested in the Atomic CLR active wedge but is it worth the $500+ upgrade?

Thanks in advanced for your input.

Kemper is an amazing solution to both live and studio playing. I had a huge gig last week and I brought my custom Mesa 2x12 cab with me for stage monitoring and then ran the main out to FOH. Worked so well. I simply unlinked the main out and then was able to set my levels for both individually to balance. Needless to say, my drummer could not believe there were no tubes cooking in it. The Lasse Mesa Rack profile is absolutely killer and one of my main tones. I went a bit deeper into the profile through the amp button and changed the clarity a bit. It is absolutely spot on now. One of my friends has a very slightly modified version of the amp and this sounds virtually identical! The Berhringer footswitch with Uno4Kemper worked perfectly as well.

Again, super pleased with this setup and can't wait to see what comes next!

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

I am very excited about snagging the KPA. I had gone back and forth on it and the Axe 2 for some time, but I know the Kemper is "for me" if that makes sense. I am not a tweaker that likes to nail down hundreds of parameters. I like the more "set it and forget it" feel myself.

Looking to check out the Kemper if anyone here is in Vegas would be so kind. I would be interested in bringing my powered wedge to hear how it sounds. I could certainly compensate for your time if need be.

Thanks in advanced.

Congrats. I'll be ordering mine in a few month. Gift to myself for turning 40!

I personally still think the original white toaster is the best looking one of the bunch.