Posts by CrisMitchell

Thanks to all that replied to my question ... i've had the HX and Kemper running now for about a week everything seems to work great, however i'm noticing an issue. There is a noticeable digital clipping happening on the HX, Level into the kemper is good and also into my UA Apollo if i disable all effects everything sounds great but as soon as i enable an effect i'm hearing clipping. Anyone else experience this?

I've got an HX Effects arriving tomorrow and am wondering if someone out their with an HX / Kemper combo can assist me with the best way to setup and integrate the two. Is there a way to run the HX dirt patches pre kemper stack and the delays etc... in the kemper loop?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cris..

pbfoot, thanks for the follow up ... ok glad i'm not alone.

are you using the apollo input trim at all?

So far i left the -12 cut unchecked, turn the apollo trim all the way down and then just use the master vol output to adjust the level hitting the interface.

Seems to work for now until someone has a better solution.

Cris...

Hey Gang,
    I've previously connected my Kemper to my UA Apollo interface via unbalanced 1/4" cables and today have switched to hardwiring the two with short Balanced XLRs, Master Out to UA Interface Input Channels 1 / 2.

I've got the Kemper sending Master Stereo via the Main Outs and the signal is hitting the Interface very hot .... Even with the input trim on the Apollo all the way dialed down.

The best solution i can find thus far is to check the Main Out -12db in the Output settings and then crack the Master Output Volume all the way to 10 which hits the interface just right.

Just not sure if this is the optimum signal to noise ratio or if it's best to have the Apollo preamps doing a little of the lifting as wel

Any help on gain staging with this thing is greatly appreciated.

Cris...

Yes i updated to the latest firmware available on the Kemper site last night. I see the the other types of delays by choosing the type knob but i'm looking for all the cool presets that are available for these new algorithms per this video and others i've watched.... Perhaps i'm totally missing something here which is known to happen ;)

All the delay presets I have on the kemper default it back to the Legacy Delay Type.

I'm back in the world of Kemper after a few years absence and much has changed...

I just watched this video of some of the very cool Delays in Firmware Version 5

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However when i try to dial up a delay all i get are ones that say Legacy Delays and none of the ones featured in this video are available.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Glad to be back but it's not like riding a bike ;)

Cris...

thanks for the help gang i've isolated the problem and it appears to be with my effects loop which i have programmed to the Mod Effects Button.
    When i turn that off the levels are normal on both channels.

So now i've got to figure out what's up with the Effects loop.

I've got 2 Eventide H9 pedals running in Stereo going into a Ditto Looper in Stereo and then out to the Kemper.

I've got Loop Stereo selected

Any Thoughts?

Hey Gang I hope someone can help me out here.

I've got my Main XLR Out outputs L/R running into my Apogee Quartet Channels 1 and 2

I've got the Main Outs set to Master Stereo

I've got the trims on the two channels of the Apogee set exactly the same

With that said the signal coming into Channel 1 is considerably hotter than what is coming into Channel 2.

When i set the Main out to Master Mono they are exactly the same.

Any ideas or should i just leave it as Master Mono?

thanks for the help,

Cris...

Good Grief ... False Alarm... i just double checked my pedals and i had on of the H9 outs plugged into the footswitch jack ;)

That's what i get for working in the dark.

Carry on... everything works as planned ;)

Here's the strange thing when the Kemper is in Loop Stereo i'm only really getting signal to input 1 if i set it to Loop Mono than it outputs to 1 and 2 equally

I'm befuddled. Does it look like i have things setup properly ?

Hey gang i'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm trying to get my pedalboard working in a stereo loop and i'm having issues. I'm hoping someone can help.

Let me outline the setup first.
    Kemper Direct Out > H9 Left Input
    H9 L/R Outs > 2nd H9 L/R Ins
    2nd H9 L/R outs > Ditto Looper X2 L/R ins
    Ditto Looper X2 L/R Outs > Kemper Return and Alt Input.
    Kemper Main Outputs go to Channels 1 and 2 on my Apogee Quartet

Mod is set to Loop Stereo
    Main Output set to Master Stereo

So here's the delimma when i create either 2 mono tracks or 1 stereo track in Logic, i suddenly only get guitar plus effect on the Left channel and very little signal in the right.
    I've tried switching the Output type to the other settings but nothing seems to be working.

In a nutshell what i'm trying to accomplish is running my 2 H9's in stereo and being able to record the stereo effect in Logic if that helps simplify things ;)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cris...

I just want to say how happy I am with Kemper Customer Service, my sick amp shipped out to Dallas just a little over 2 weeks ago and was back on my doorstep today.

I know a few other companies that could take a lesson from this kind of customer service.

Great Job Kemper, now hurry up and release that Foot Controller already would ya ;)

Hey Gang,
    The Kemper started acting up lately and i'm hoping someone here might have an answer for me.

When i activate an effects bank by pushing one of the effects buttons the effect does not activate.

If i go into that effect and manually select another effect and switch it back it will activate. This is happening on all of my effects banks. It just started doing this recently.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cris...