Posts by REVILO

Part of the greater whole > 12 month warranty vs. 36 month warranty, Owner/Technicians/Programmers from the company active on their company forum :thumbup:

True !
    How long is the warranty for an Axe-FX, does anyone know ?
    I have tried to find but can´t find any info on this. Probably 1 year also ... as with the Helix.

We´re all individuals with individual tastes ... so, if someone prefers the Helix or the Axe-FX over the KPA, that´s fine with me.

I for one agree with Michael Britt, the Helix does sound 2D compared to the KPA. The price difference here in Europe does not make up for the loss of sound quality (for me) and although price should not be the issue in chosing musical equipment, many people do consider price only. It has always been like that.

Sure the KPA still lacks of many useful features but I should imagine that the team is working on it.
    Besides, you must remember that Line6 is owned by Yamaha, a global company with a vast amount of financial background that can put a lot more money into R&D as Kemper can and having access to cheaper supply sources even if it is for small volume products.
    Plus, they could decide to push a product into the market with only making very little profit on it.
    Last but not least, where and how are Line6 products produced? Are these aspects comparable and therefore competitive to Kemper?
    Think about it. You have to see the greater whole that lies beyond obvious sound quality ... you have to try to see the greater whole in everything (in life) ... basically.

This is a definite handicap with the Kemper compared to my Axe/fx rig. Not being able to control the mix level of things like delay with an expression pedal is really getting on my nerves. Controling the wet level is with an expression pedal is a VERY common use for expression pedals. I was surprised when setting up my rigs for live use to find out that this was not an option.

Sorry, a bit late to chime in ... but yes ... this is definitely a MUST for a future firmware revision: controlling the wet/dry mix with an expression pedal.
    This should actually be a standard feature in this class of product, if you´d ask me.
    Goodness ... my old trusty Johnson Millenium amp has this feature ... and it´s from the 1990s !!!

The lack of a global parameter assessment to expression pedals is another feature worth considering for the future ... that would be cracking.

So many parameters, so little expression pedal jacks ... ;)

I am a technical junkie, and love reading patent documents. I understand that the "Pure Cabinet" feature has a pending patent application (per the notes in the Kemper addendum manual). I tried searching the USPTO database for patent applications by Christoph Kemper, but only found the original KPA application and full patent ("Musical instrument with acoustic transducer"). I also searched the European Patent database, but got the same results. That is, the searches are only coming up with the original 2008 patent for the Kemper Profiling Amp.

Does anyone have a download link for the patent application specific to the new "Pure Cabinet" algorithm / feature?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers,
    John

John,
    the addendum says "patent applied for" which means that it has not been published yet. Therefore you won´t find it on any patent search website.
    However, if you want to search particularly German patents, start here: https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/pat/einsteiger?lang=en

Finally got the video!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:)

Very nice Stikany !

What sort of (active?) cabinets did you use for this gig?
    I see three cabinets of the same type/manufacturer below your KPA ...

Although Roxette have never been "my thing" I agree with Raoul ... as unromantic as it is for (us) guitar players who like the look and the physical presence of a tube amp behind us, the KPA is the future. Simple as that.
    And it is also that tubes/valves are not as good and long lasting anymore these days as they have been in the past (at least this is my experience and thus my point of view). So being able to preserve a momentary "true snapshot" of a great sounding amp (and let´s be honest, tube amps never sound alike at every time, they have their good and bad hours and days...) is a blessing.
    So, yes as you write Raoul: the KPA is going from strength from strength.

I also agree with Ingolf about Swedish pop music.
    If you listen to Swedish folk music you will get the idea why Swedish pop music is as it is. When I hear ABBA, I always hear the cheerful Swedish folk music and I am quite convinced that Björn and Benny would not disapprove of this theory.

There will be times when we won´t get a new Firmware update every four to five weeks. I don´t mind this because it will mean that Kemper has elminated the majority of bugs and the product has become more perfect as before. That is a positive fact !
    Of course there will be future upgrades and improvements in functionality which will yield in new FW updates.

I for one do not get nervous when there will not be another FW update in a familiar time frame as I know that Kemper is very well positioned in terms of R&D, product improvement and customer service.
    Much better as many other manufacturers. Don´t forget this and become too anticipatory.

So, relax and enjoy your wonderful KPA and make music with it in the meantime ... ;)

A much cheaper alternative for silica gel is cat litter.
    Not as handy when you´re gigging/touring but poured into an open plastic bowl in your rehearsal room or sewed into an old pillow case (needless if it´s got a zipper...) it attracts A LOT more humidity as those (usually) small silica gel bags.
    And you don´t have to order anything online, just buy it at your local supermarket or pet shop ...

Despite the vast amount of pickup combinations possible with the Game Changer, the pickups can only "pick up" the sound of a 25.5" scale guitar with a bolt-on maple neck and a basswood body. These are the most "limiting factors" beside the 250.000+ PU combinations.

Besides, I for one am not convinced that splitting Humbucker coils does sound like a real Singlecoil. Nor do two Singlecoils in parallel or series sound like a real Humbucker. So, there are compromises despite all the built-in electronics (and I do not want to start discussing how these electronics may influence the pure magnetic sound of the GC after all).

However, an alternative would be to invest in two Boris Dommenget "Doublebuckers" (who really sound like a Humbucker and a Singlecoil at a flick of a switch), a good single coil for the middle position, a Piezo bridge and two PU selector switches (maybe 2 Freeway Switches?). This will provide you with a more than average (of course far less than the Game Changer) amount of PU combinations, but an equally great sounding guitar at a fraction of the costs. Plus, one has the option to modify an existing guitar to these mods which reduces overall costs even more.

Of course the Game Changer is an interesting idea but it does not provide anything that could be named "Profiling Guitar".

A real Profiling Guitar (as a "profile reproducing" guitar, not as a guitar that actually profiles another guitar) would be the ultimate project !
    Up to you Christoph ... ;)

If at all, I am convinced that we are still far away from this.
    In the meanwhile, I would rather like to see the option to individually select the microphone in a rig, thus Amp-DI / Cabinet / Microphone.

Oh no !!!
    Anybody ... but not "Evil Ingolf the Barbarian" !!! =O
    He is going to wrestle me to the ground and make me eat Adrian´s second Axe FX ... the one from the Magic Closet ...
    :D :D