Posts by ortega67

Hi Kemper community,

I just uploaded a profile of my excellent studio preamp/channel strip from "Tegeler Audio Manufaktur" called the Varitube Recording Channel.

It is a tube preamp with a pultec style eq and an excellent opto compressor. I usually use that for vocal recordings, but I needed some profiles for using my acoustic guitar live.

As a reference I have Michael Britt's very good Neve/Taylor K4 profile. The VariTube2 profile is a bit brighter, I had the 80hz low cut engaged and a slight shelving boost from 8k.

Hope you dig it,

cheers Alex

I could never understand the complaints about the FX section. I think the KP has some of the best sounding reverbs and delays I have come across. The leslie and the phaser is great as well. I have had Strymon, TC, Lexicon and the likes, I do not think they sound better (in fact I prefer KP).
    I record into Logic X everyday (loaded with waves, NI and other plugins) and often enough I decide to use the delay and reverb from the Kemper.
    OK, the big muff could be addressed in future updates. Tube driver model would be great as well.....

Alex

Done ... ;)
    Just uploaded two AC30/G12M profiles with different gain settings. It's not a world between the G12H and the G12M , but you can hear the different color in the midrange. I switched back and forth between this profile and MBritts AC15/Matchless/Morgan tones (which are excellent and used by me all the time).
    They are a nice addition to Michaels smooth profiles. (e.g. doubling a track) Feel I still need to put some more work in it though...
    :thumbup: Thanks again for your feedback.

Thank you guys so much !
    I know there are so many AC30 profiles out there, but I have never been 100% happy.
    This is my 1978 Vox with a G12H30 and a Greenback.
    If you are interested in the Greenback profile, let me know !

Best,
    Alex

Hi Kemper User,

welches Expressionpedal empfehlt ihr für die Remote ?
    Muss solide und "gängig" sein - also sowohl füe Wha als auch Volumen.
    Bisher habe ich das FC1010/Uno und da ist die Exp Abteilung eher bescheiden

Danke & beste Grüsse,
    Alex

Thanks Ingolf and Don for your responses and sorry for not having introduced myself in my first post !

I am a full time musician for over 20 years playing all kinds of genres and sideman for mostly national artists.
    I used to have (and still have) AC30ies (one HW and one 1970'), a 1974 Bassman top and some amps of a croation custom builder.
    A big pedal board with different distortions and fuzzes, delays and whatnot has been used and changed regularly.
    So my preference is more Vox/Fender/ Marshall kind of tone.

So I know what i am after. My question is which path in the menu I should follow without having to audition millions of presets.
    I will try to use rig manager, how Don said. Does the KPA automatically load what was chosen in the rig exchange ?
    RM is still no editor, right ? Sorry for asking again.

Hi guys,

been using the kpa professionally since may this year and i think it's great.
    The thing that makes me nuts is the vast amount of presets.
    I use to scroll through the presets, looking for an amp that suits my taste and modify it to my needs.
    That takes ages. I'd rather choose a model (AC30/Deluxe/JTM e.g.) and then start from the scratch.
    How can I access the raw profiles rather the edited presets ? Keep the amplifier/cabinet button pressed ?

Thanks and sorry for the ignorance.