Posts by prsgary

You're right, I haven't ever needed to mount an old backup, and thanks to your instructions in #7, I won't even have to. It's much simpler than I thought. I'm good now, all present and working correctly. Thanks for the help.

I understand that these presets still reside within the KPA though not in RM. That's not going to get my recently tweaked rigs back into performances however. I will have to write down all the particular settings and then recreate them one at a time, by hand, it sounds like, into an earlier update, and save all these. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid. And no, I did NOT do a downgrade, I have not, and would never do that! I'll try what you suggest Burkhard. I'm sure the rigs will appear also, I just know the many changes I have made in the past few months will be reversed and I will in fact have to manually recreate the tweaks I've done recently.

Burkhard "There are often several ways to achieve the same or similar results. Such section presets are not visible in Rig Manager as well as PROFILER. Stage. But if you have such a precious combination of effects, that you intend to use more than once, you have probably used it once in a Rig already. Then you can temporarily lock the modules and "copy" it into a destination Rig this way. This process works for two, three or four modules or even beyond second boundaries e.g. modules C, D, DLY and REV."

Several software updates ago I lost ALL of my rigs except what was already saved to performances. RM was empty except for these. I went through support several times with no progress at all. I was advised to send in the file in my MAC "User/Documents/Kemper Amps/RigManager/DebugLog.txt" I cannot find or recreate this DebugLog. This preset issue you discussed above seems similar. I am sure all of these reside in a backup, I just don't which one. I have loaded the free rig packs and I have a whopping 612 rigs available versus the 16k rigs available previously. I lost several hundred presets (visible with the KPA only of course). I have made many many changes to performances since then. I know I can restore an old backup, but then I don't know how to merge this with the many rigs I've edited that are currently in the performances I am using and need. Since Support couldn't help me (Ticket ##KA00218056)I thought I'd ask the expert - you. Can you or someone else help me please?

In addition to the one Gary mentions, if you search ring exchange for my username, you will find a pedal control Talkbox Rig and a touch controlled Talkbox Rig.

GS FRAMPTON - DR is the one I mentioned (since tweaked some more). I couldn't find Paul's just now, but I've downloaded them as well. They all have their plusses and minuses but they're also pretty good! I use mine for Frampton and Rocky Mtn Way. They go over really well.

Have you tried my Frampton talk box effect I created for the Kemper? It's controllable with an expression pedal, needs no mic or send/return loops. It's very popular when I play out.

Sorry, I can't answer your question as I have no experience with the real thing.

On a mac it automatically asks you if you want to install. If you say yes it installs and creates a shortcut in the program bar then asks if you want to clean up the install files and send them to trash.

On my MAC the download doesn't show any rigs or profiles except the ones I have personally made, nor performances now! Support hasn't even been able to solve this for me. Anyone have a solution for this? I was previously seeing thousands of profiles, now I have 195 total.

Excellent work gentlemen!! Is there a rig in RM already containing all the goodies in this great sound?

Ok, I've tried morphing yellow to red CAE... I love the yellow, but, no offense intended, for my guitars I'm going to need to tweak those knobs a bit to catch that "red" sound, just doesn't sound much different from the yellow at the moment. I'll play with it. Thanks for all your work Sollazzon!!

Yes, you could set up a morph between the two different wahs . You would just need to set up one of them in the unmorphed state, and adjust the parameters to match the other one in the Morphed state.

That's what I was thinking/hoping. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks Paul, hope all is well.

I've not tried these yet but I will tonight. Does anyone know if you can morph between the red and yellow? That would be just awesome - 2 wahs in 1 on the Kemper.

I wanted a nice home friendly rack for my collection. Premade stuff was either more expesive than I'd hoped - or made of mdf and still expensive. So I made my own rack from Ikea Ivar (old school solid pine). Wheels, sides and a hinged lid were added over time. As the collection grew i made the rack taller each year.

Here's one on the iterations.

Did you get a larger vehicle every year also. I looks huge. You have strong roadies, right? ;)

I wanted a nice home friendly rack for my collection. Premade stuff was either more expesive than I'd hoped - or made of mdf and still expensive. So I made my own rack from Ikea Ivar (old school solid pine). Wheels, sides and a hinged lid were added over time. As the collection grew i made the rack taller each year.

Here's one on the iterations.

It sure looks elegant, very nice job. I know personally I'd just be tripping all over those buttons, so not good for me except perhaps in a studio only setting. Keep up the good work!

That's an option - just hide it.

But I know several (commercial) profilers who stopped sharing on RE because of that. They shared obviously great stuff to the crowd, that was professionally captured with pro gear, but some ignorant people downvoted it. Could be competitors too. That really sucks.

No one needs this kind of "crowd rating."

That they shared "obviously great stuff" is not always true as well. I've purchased plenty of rig packs mostly packed with rigs I find unpleasant and useless.

Slight loading problem with the Legends pack. If I copy them into th "shared" folder of my USB stick and hit "import" as usual on the toaster - I only get one profile, and a random one at that. What's the best way to get all of these loaded at once? Never had this issue before. Thanks in advance for your help.

Got it now!

Thank you, Burkhard. ;)

Heads-up for those who're interested, it's now in the DL area of the Kemper site; been waiting for it to appear today and it's there now too.

Slight loading problem with the Legends pack. If I copy them into th "shared" folder of my USB stick and hit "import" as usual on the toaster - I only get one profile, and a random one at that. What's the best way to get all of these loaded at once? Never had this issue before. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's not a backup for Clapton.

The Profiler in the picture was used by Geoff Whitehorn (Procol Harum) who participated in this gig "Music for Marsden". ;)

Yes, that's Geoff's KPA and PRS. He's the one who convinced me (over drinks) to move up to the Kemper early in 2013. He even traded some of his H & K Switchblade profiles he uses with Procol Harum with me. (And Gary Brooker (Procol's composer/vocalist) is one of Clapton's best friends, so it must be Whitehorn's).